More wonderful Obama Tax Policy results

stevenash

And you will be told that the nobility of the cause that he represents is so important and vital that he must keep the coffers full for the next torch carrier.  I think its great that all hell is breaking loose around the world(in spite of the fact he stated that the world is a much safer place now) and the last four days have been dedicated to golf and fund raising.  And the Dems love to tell the right  how "out of touch" they are.

You will see wealthy individuals first, and then some of the middle class migrate away as well as our current president desperately and deliberately tries to make the USA no more powerful, no more prosperous, and no more influential in the world than the country of his fathers birth!!!

Or continued wealth and influence as the country of his mother's birth.  ;)

A recent study by the Congressional Research Service suggests there is little correlation between marginal tax rates and economic growth, saving, investment or productivity growth.

I am ALWAYS impressed with any study that has the word CONGRESSIONAL tied to it.  If lower taxes dont stimulate the economy, then it must me higher taxes stimulate the economy.  Sorry, Dove, the last couple of years are evidence that isnt the answer.  Once again, this is the weakest recovery from a recession since World War 2 with GDP running at slightly half the average GDP in such periods.  Additionally, we had a contraction in GDP during the first quarter.  Say or spin what you want, the actual results SCREAM that the current policy is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE

I am ALWAYS impressed with any study that has the word CONGRESSIONAL tied to it.  If lower taxes dont stimulate the economy, then it must me higher taxes stimulate the economy.  Sorry, Dove, the last couple of years are evidence that isnt the answer.  Once again, this is the weakest recovery from a recession since World War 2 with GDP running at slightly half the average GDP in such periods.  Additionally, we had a contraction in GDP during the first quarter.  Say or spin what you want, the actual results SCREAM that the current policy is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE

Nash, who are our job creators? Big business or small?

Both.  I am sure you think you are going to make a point if I say small and I don't mind playing that game.  There are many small businesses who are not being opened because of the high tax rates, multiple new regulations, and the uncertainty surrounding the Affordable (ha-ha) Care Act.  A water truck driver in Williston North Dakota makes a 6 figure income.  A McDonalds worker there makes $15 per hour and both happened without government involvement.  I know this may come as a shock to you, but the free market is and always has been the solution to economic ills.  If the Keystone Pipeline weren't being held up, there would be several more "WiIliston North Dakota" environments popping up around the country.  But I guess it is much more important to make sure the environmentalists vote for you. ( that's really putting the country first, isn't it?)  Corporations are trying to leave this country because the tax rates are about 10 percentage points higher than they are in Europe.  But, maybe if the corporations can not pay their taxes and attribute it to computer hard drive crashes (which appears to be quite acceptable these days) they might elect to stay here.

Corps are leaving because the tax environment is not competitive.  Doesn't matter who is in office.  You cant blame this on Reagan.  If "our dear leader" is so economically enlightened, why would he not push to lower corporate taxes? Once again, big and intrusive government is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE and we have the statistics to show that.  And I suggest to you repeatedly( even though thinkprogress.org wont give you a response to post) that many people who would normally open a small business do not because of taxes, regulations, and uncertainty around Obamacare.  I beg you to show me how a businessman/potential businessman would say this:  Just as soon as they raise taxes some more and require me to pay for everybodys healthcare, and make me  go through a 15 month environmental impact study, I am going to open a business that will flourish.  You'll never win this one Dove.  Maybe on social policies you can find some justification, but on the business side, your man is unknowledgeable, inexperienced, and doesn't mind destroying the economy is order to make things, from his perspective, "more fair".  All of his advice comes from academics who share his ideology and have no practical business experience.  Talk the talk sounds great, but walking the walk is necessary and he simply can't/won't do it.  And, for the umpteenth time, if we simply confiscate the wealth of say the top 20% of all individuals and spread it evenly among the other 80%, it wont be long till most of the top 20 regain their wealth and you will be saying how they did so unfairly and at the expense of the "little guy".