A Little Education...

smitty

My wife is a first grade teacher. For the most part, they know who will be contributors to society by that time, by the participation and care given by the parents of each student. Is it 100%, probably not, but I'd be a very wealthy person just betting on the odds.

Children are the most innocent and precious commodity of any institution, what they become will define our society, our family, etc. Sure, there are a lot of peer pressures that can turn a well raised child against their teachings, likewise turn a less fortunate to overcome. However, those are the exceptions.

As far as the "Education System", it is my opinion that if any child in any particular "system" can come away with a quality education, then they all can. If not it is NOT the fault of the system....not to mention. you get out of something what you put into it...no amount of money or legislation will FIX that...that's on the parents...starting with the value they put into their families success, and that is determined by the morals in which they instill............

Oversimplify much? Your heart is in the right place - your brain is stuck in neutral. Although you bring up good ideas, it's the implementation which is lacking. Again, education cures a lot of ills. Starting with ignorance. And if you think there is nothing wrong with our education system, your standards are exceedingly low.

Sure there are deficiencies in our education system. But please do not, under any circumstance, try to suggest/infer that our moral compass in this country is not in a serious decline. Congratulations to you on your support from Big Girl. She is the one who told me that the 17 trillion debt is a lie and that the U.S. Economy is good while the Texas economy is bad.

That comment Is stupid as hell. The one by Craig S. None of you guys are as intelligent as TX hoops. He ate you up and hung you guys out to dry, which is not hard to do. KMSL.

I see you still haven't answered the question.  I thought you'd be all over this one!    ;)

Oversimplify much? Your heart is in the right place - your brain is stuck in neutral. Although you bring up good ideas, it's the implementation which is lacking. Again, education cures a lot of ills. Starting with ignorance. And if you think there is nothing wrong with our education system, your standards are exceedingly low.

Perhaps that is what we need in this country. most things are way "over complicated" the tax code, immigration, justice system, welfare system...education....EPA...and much more, maybe it's that to much thinking is the problem....

There is a story, and I'll tell the short version....an 18 wheeler ran under a bridge (overpass)and his load was to high, it hit the overpass and was lodged, couldn't be pulled forward or backwards, with all the engineers, state officials, etc trying their best to figure out how to dismantle the truck, support the overpass in hopes of not causing more damage. Along come a 12yo boy and simply states...let the air out of the tires....leaving the powers to be scratching their heads.....

The reason things are so complicated is lawyers. Most of those writing the laws are lawyers and want them as complicated as possible so to interpret them you need a lawyer. Most in govt. office are lawyers and lawyers donate a lot of money to the crooks in office!

roflmbo

roflmbo

Oh no, I agree our education system is in fact flawed, here is a perfect example! Giving degrees to get them the hell out of the "system" and to meet their quota.

My point was, even in a flawed system, if in fact more sperm donors would care about children and take on the responsibility of getting the most out of what is available, rather than blame others, it would be a good place to start.

Oh no, I agree our education system is in fact flawed, here is a perfect example! Giving degrees to get them the hell out of the "system" and to meet their quota.

My point was, even in a flawed system, if in fact more sperm donors would care about children and take on the responsibility of getting the most out of what is available, rather than blame others, it would be a good place to start.

I salute you sir.  Few are willing to admit this is a major problem and some will suggest that those who donate sperm are merely victims of an unfair system. 

I salute you sir.  Few are willing to admit this is a major problem and some will suggest that those who donate sperm are merely victims of an unfair system.