Obama Calls Out ‘Millionaires’ to Pay for Student Loans

LumRaiderFan

From the article:

For those working in public service or the government, any remaining debt is forgiven after 10 years. An estimated 5 million more borrowers will become eligible under the new plan. Before today, only those who took out loans after 2007 were entitled to “Pay as You Earn” benefits.

To finance the program, Obama proposed closing “tax loopholes” for the wealthy, or what he called “millionaires.”

“This should be a no-brainer,” he said today at the White House. “It would be scandalous if we allowed those kinds of tax loopholes for the very, very fortunate to survive while students are having trouble just getting started in their lives.”

http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/09/obama-calls-millionaires-pay-student-loans/?utm_source=heritagefoundation&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morningbell

People are working to pay off their debt and yall still aren't satisfied.

You're right...not satisfied.

If you take on a debt...pay it off....don't expect someone else to.

Of course, you could always find a student with debt and use your own money to help them out...wouldn't even need to use the fed gov as the middleman.

We can blame the President for trying to grow an already bloated and inefficient government. Or is what has happened in the last six years ( including the 70% increase in national debt that you refuse to acknowledge)the fault of Bush?

We can also blame the President for trying to continually promote the idea that the government can solve all problems and all you have to do is keep raising taxes on the "evil rich" to pay for the ineffective methods of the government.

Billionaires should not pay a smaller % of their income in taxes then my husband and I do.

I bet they pay more money in taxes than you do.   But -- would it make your life any better if they paid a higher %?  If so, tell us how your life is worst off because someone else pays a lower % (but ends up being more money)?  Just curious since you constantly worry/talk about it.

If always amazing that liberals throw out the word "fair."  They think it's not fair that "producers" in society pay less taxes, but is fair that those that "legally" entered into a contract to receive money for an education not have to pay that loan back.  But that it's some how "fair" that some one else has pay for it.  But, remember -- those receiving, what now is free ( on the backs of others) money -- got an eduction for that money received.  They want the benefits but NOT the responsibility. 

I bet they pay more money in taxes than you do. But -- would it make your life any better if they paid a higher %? If so, tell us how your life is worst off because someone else pays a lower % (but ends up being more money)? Just curious since you constantly worry/talk about it.

so you agree with them paying a lower percentage? Smh

so you agree with them paying a lower percentage? Smh

You answer first -- and I promise to give you an answer.  Again -- would it make your life any better if they paid a higher %? If so, tell us how your life is worst off because someone else pays a lower % (but ends up being more money)?

I am not satisfied that people will be able to have their debt forgiven and that "forgiveness" will be charged to those who have accomplished something. Half of the country already pays zero income tax but Mr. Obama is still trying to make things "more fair"

Are you rich? GOD forbid if one of you guys need assistance. How stupid do you have to be to argue with the super wealthy who dont mind paying a higher percentage of their income in taxes.

I am not rich but I can take care of myself because I was raised to become self reliant and not to depend on government assistance everytime difficulties arose. FYI- the tax hikes were on everyone making over a few hundred thousand a year and that is not super wealthy. I want you to tell me why half of this country pays no income tax and people like you are crying and screaming that those that do pay taxes arent paying their fair share.