State Tournament scores

1A Champion-Weimer
2A Champion-Crawford
3A Champion-La Grange
4A Champion-Aledo
5A Champion-Woodlands/Deer Park

Great softball this past week and some good games.

Small schools in Central Texas did well. Weimer and Lagrange only about 15 miles apart.

1A Champion-Weimer
2A Champion-Crawford
3A Champion-La Grange
4A Champion-Aledo
5A Champion-Woodlands/Deer Park

Great softball this past week and some good games.

After looking at the rosters on the UIL website I noticed that La Grange has 8 starters coming back and Aledo has 7 starters back for next year. Might be some repeats next year.

I think the umpires blew the interference call in the Barbers hill game.  The catcher moved up the line to make a play on  the ball and the runner hits her.  It is my understanding that it is the runners job to avoid contact.  Could have been a no call or OFFENSIVE interference.

I think the umpires blew the interference call in the Barbers hill game. The catcher moved up the line to make a play on the ball and the runner hits her. It is my understanding that it is the runners job to avoid contact. Could have been a no call or OFFENSIVE interference.

I gotta agree with you on that one. Catcher was not in the basepath when she caught the ball and the runner went wide trying to slide into the backdoor and ran into the catchers legs. Reply showed it was a bad call. But can't change it now.

As much as I didn't like the call, it was the correct call.  The problem is that the contact between the runner and the catcher was prior to the throw arriving, that will always draw the interference call.  Yes, the catcher stepped toward the runner because she was drawn by the throw (the coaches argument)...  Had the contact been made at the same time as the catch and tag then there would have been no interference.  This play was not the difference in the game.

Fact is, a 6 run 4th inning for Ennis and BH only getting one more run out of a bases loaded with no outs (two runs already scored) situation in the bottom of the 3rd is what was devastating.  Ennis hit the ball well and BH made 3-4 errors in the field allowing runners to advance an extra 60' in many cases.  Depending on whose book you look at the offensive production was pretty equal.  We scored 11 hits for both teams, 7 K's for both pitchers, and 3 walks (or hit batters) for both pitchers.  Final score was 8-7.

Not sure any of the semi final discussions are relevant since Aledo pounded Ennis 10-3 in the final.  Aledo won their semi final on an error in a one run differential game also over defending state champion Buda Hayes.  4A was the closest battle with all four teams being capable of winning it all.  Deer Park, Lagrange, and Wiemer ran away with their classifications. 2A Crawford hit the ball well in their final against East Bernard which was a close game at 5-3.