Warning - This is intentionally meant to not be for everyone. HS Summer Team to start

Coach Myers

The Southeast Texas Sox will field an 11 player MAXIMUM High School Summer Team for this season.

It will be a 16U team that is welcoming younger players (8th graders, Freshman, and incoming Sophomores) who are looking for the challenge of playing against Houston's best, while consistently being the youngest team in the tournament.

The primary objective of this team is to begin the development of a Recruiting Showcase team to represent Southeast Texas Baseball Players in the upcoming years.  This is the start-up season where we enter among the already well-respected Baseball Organizations of Houston, TX.

There will be 10 tournaments played in Baytown, TX in the duration of 4 months.  All tournaments are 4 game min. and will be played under Texas Amateur Baseball.

Regular competition against: Houston Heat, Houston Banditos, Houston Miracles, Line Drive Baseball, and many other highly notable Houston-Area Premier Baseball Organizations.

The course of training will cover a broad spectrum of instruction the Sox feel is vital (Baseball Theory, Strategy, Ethics, Personal Throwing Strength and Development, Personal Workout and Dietary Health for Physical Development, Personalized Hitting, along with much more) to the development of the High School Athlete who has aspirations of earning Collegiate Scholarships, or even being Drafted.  We are here to develop the complete Baseball Player, and should a Player show strong proficiency in certain aspects of the Game - we will hone to maximize the development of that specific skill.

We are not here to make money - we are here to grow Southeast Texas Baseball and to have the future of our area possess all the knowledge and skills necessary to make it further than we did in Baseball.

I have had the fortune of playing under great leaders and coaches who are helping me sustain, what I believe, to be the best approach to "Select Baseball" and to get the most out of this industry for the Players.  Make no mistake about it - I have always remained a Student of the Game, and there is much I owe to the Game.  This is one aspect in which I am "giving back to the Game."

If this is something that interests you, and you would like to make a 4 month investment on an aggressive development program - this is the Team to join.

$375/month for 4 months - nothing more, nothing less - covers EVERYTHING the Player will need.

Contact me - BJ Myers - at 409.720.8951 for more information.

- or email - [email protected]

TRY OUTS

APRIL 12 - 1PM AND 330 PM

@ GROVES MIDDLE SCHOOL *OPEN LOT - Take Hogaboom to Wilson - Wilson to Taylor

APRIL 17 - 2PM

@ DORNBOS PARK - Nederland, TX *off Avenue H

First tournament will happen in May - the season is among us and the time to jump in the big market is NOW.

By being a Member of the Sox, you will be expected to compete against the toughest competition we can find - it will NEVER be easy (it is not meant to).  This is NOT for everyone...but for the 1% it is for - it will be one hell of a time.

We are growing and developing as Next Level Baseball Players by going out and facing the Best.  You get out what you put in - and the Southeast Texas Sox is more than a 'Baseball Organization' - it is a 'Baseball Experience'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its hard enough for local Premier teams  to compete against Houston premier teams within their age division, so why would you subject a team carrying players two years younger in age division that have little chance of competing at that level?   Have you coached at the Premier level? 

• 2 weeks later...