5A pre-season top 10?

Dayton should be in the mix

dayton will be good but not sure about top 10. Dayton has had no running game in a while now and has not been able to stop anyone with a running game. Dayton matched up well with brenham but I really believe if dayton would have got past brenham TC would have ran for 500 yds on us. I think in our region fort bend elkins will be the team to beat.

dayton will be good but not sure about top 10. Dayton has had no running game in a while now and has not been able to stop anyone with a running game. Dayton matched up well with brenham but I really believe if dayton would have got past brenham TC would have ran for 500 yds on us. I think in our region fort bend elkins will be the team to beat.

That defense was young...I expect a better outing this season and a healthy McBride will boost that offense!!

To answer your question:

1. Aledo
2. Leander Rouse
3. Longview
4. Cedar Park
5. Georgetown
6. Ennis
7. George Ranch
8. FB Marshall
9. Lufkin
10. FB Elkins

A little heavy on the Richmond schools but they probably have the highest concentration of talent in the state.

in bold print is who I think have a HUGE chance of winning it all.

To answer your question:

1. Aledo
2. Leander Rouse
3. Longview
4. Cedar Park
5. Georgetown
6. Ennis
7. George Ranch
8. FB Marshall
9. Lufkin
10. FB Elkins

A little heavy on the Richmond schools but they probably have the highest concentration of talent in the state.

I pretty much agree with every ranking you have except Aledo. I know every single player personally and know how everything inside the program is... We will end up losing to a team with a high-powered offense. The only way we will win state again is if we outscore last years 1,023 points.

I pretty much agree with every ranking you have except Aledo. I know every single player personally and know how everything inside the program is... We will end up losing to a team with a high-powered offense. The only way we will win state again is if we outscore last years 1,023 points.

It's not necessarily what you have on the roster, it's who your competition is and the likelyhood of losing a game. Cedar Park is the only team on Aledo's regular season schedule who can probably play within 20 points of them.

On the other hand, a team like FB Marshall who would probably be my personal D2 favorite, has to play 2 second round 6A(old 5A) playoff teams in Elkins and Bush plus Ridge Point and Texas City and that's just in district before they line up against other 6A squads in pre-district. Same for D1 squads like Lufkin and Longview. Newsome will be the best player on the field in every game until the playoffs, down here it's questionable if Kendall Sheffield is the best player on his own team. That's just my own personal theory on pre-season rankings though.

To answer your question:

1. Aledo
2. Leander Rouse
3. Longview
4. Cedar Park
5. Georgetown
6. Ennis
7. George Ranch
8. FB Marshall
9. Lufkin
10. FB Elkins

Gonna be tough for Leander Rouse to crack the 5A top ten.....they are 6A.

What about Cooper? Moves down and lost by 5 to Cedar Hill in the third round.

they lost their entire offensive production, because they're in a somewhat easy district they will make the playoffs by default. I think its only 5 teams in their new district. I dont see them going far come playoff time.