5A pre-season top 10?

they lost their entire offensive production, because they're in a somewhat easy district they will make the playoffs by default. I think its only 5 teams in their new district. I dont see them going far come playoff time.

I just wouldn't sleep on them. I believe they will be division 1 and in region 1 besides Buchanan and Aledo I don't see much if Aledo even goes D1. Maybe Wichita Falls or Birdville. Cooper could easily end up in the state semis. It's just a feeling but moving down may bring the ole West Texas teams such as Cooper some new excitement and passion. It's worked for other schools around there.

Gonna be tough for Leander Rouse to crack the 5A top ten.....they are 6A.

Yeah, I guess I overlooked their new re-alignment number. In that case I would drop Rouse, move everybody up one and replace them with George Ranch or Lovejoy.

Cooper will probably be solid but I don't think they can make much noise without Joe this year, sort of the same way I feel about Birdville without Turner.

I was doing rankings based off of who I think has the best chance of winning state, but with how you see it I agree. We will definitely struggle with Cedar Park, and the California school that we play is supposedly an impressive team.

That's prett much how I did them. I think Aledo would be the D2 favorite and the least likely to lose a game due to their schedule. I love FB Marshall in D2 also, but can Ketchum make it through that schedule healthy and what will their record be? That's why I moved them down. Longview and Lufkin would be my D1 favorites but one has to take a loss because they'll play each other so I moved Lufkin down. Unless Calallen or Brenham makes another run, I think both state titleist are on there.

I just wouldn't sleep on them. I believe they will be division 1 and in region 1 besides Buchanan and Aledo I don't see much if Aledo even goes D1. Maybe Wichita Falls or Birdville. Cooper could easily end up in the state semis. It's just a feeling but moving down may bring the ole West Texas teams such as Cooper some new excitement and passion. It's worked for other schools around there.

Is Lorenzo Joe graduating this year? I can't remember... If Cooper still has him, then that would make them a lot bigger threat.

Is Lorenzo Joe graduating this year? I can't remember... If Cooper still has him, then that would make them a lot bigger threat.

Joe and Trey Dye are graduating. On paper they should be i'd say 8-2 going into the playoffs with an undefeated district record, its come playoff time id worry if I were them.

I hear ya, I think if they meet up with Rider they would be in for a heck of a game with Rider winning, and of course if they face Aledo id be worried if I were them lol

I hear ya, I think if they meet up with Rider they would be in for a heck of a game with Rider winning, and of course if they face Aledo id be worried if I were them lol

I'm telling you guys, Aledo is overrated this upcoming season... The defense is going to take a while to pull together as a team. I am honestly expecting a loss against Cedar Park or the California school in the first few weeks.  

Yeah for some reason I thought Wichita was better than Rider now. Goes to show you how being away for a couple of years can mess with your mind.

I'm telling you guys, Aledo is overrated this upcoming season... The defense is going to take a while to pull together as a team. I am honestly expecting a loss against Cedar Park or the California school in the first few weeks.

Only problem with your logic is the 2011 season after Cunningham, Riney, and Hasse grade graduated. Upset by the crappy school down 377 and then the beat down by Lake Travis. How'd the rest of the season go? Finishing the three-peat.

Buchanan has won state 5 times including 4 out of the last 5 years. Add that to 11 times in the 12 years in 4A going at least 4 rounds deep. As long as Buc's there Aledo will always start the season in the top ten.

Yeah for some reason I thought Wichita was better than Rider now. Goes to show you how being away for a couple of years can mess with your mind.

Rider has been the better overall program in Wichita Falls for awhile now, Old High finally had a great season last year, of course it abruptly ended after they ran into Aledo.

Only problem with your logic is the 2011 season after Cunningham, Riney, and Hasse grade graduated. Upset by the crappy school down 377 and then the beat down by Lake Travis. How'd the rest of the season go? Finishing the three-peat.

Buchanan has won state 5 times including 4 out of the last 5 years. Add that to 11 times in the 12 years in 4A going at least 4 rounds deep. As long as Buc's there Aledo will always start the season in the top ten.

You act like I didn't know that... I know that, but the defense is literally so tiny and none of them were starters except for J.D.

By the way, I said they shouldn't be number one... I never said they shouldn't be in the top 10.

You act like I didn't know that... I know that, but the defense is literally so tiny and none of them were starters except for J.D.

Didn't say you didn't know that just explaining why everyone expects them at the top. Truthfully in my opinion aledo losing to the California school would be good for everyone. Since 2008 the only true upset was Weatherford. Aledo needs a wake up call. aledo fans have turned. I remember going to the games when Aledo was the little fish but after the past five years it's like they don't care anymore. An upset may give them a reason to actually pay attention. I'm not saying you are like the rest but that's just my view. Until they lose they deserve to be at the top no matter who returns.

Didn't say you didn't know that just explaining why everyone expects them at the top. Truthfully in my opinion aledo losing to the California school would be good for everyone. Since 2008 the only true upset was Weatherford. Aledo needs a wake up call. aledo fans have turned. I remember going to the games when Aledo was the little fish but after the past five years it's like they don't care anymore. An upset may give them a reason to actually pay attention. I'm not saying you are like the rest but that's just my view. Until they lose they deserve to be at the top no matter who returns.

I have gone to every Aledo game for the past 17 years. Even when I had the flu, and other various issues.  The drop in fans caring is due to the lack of competition... When you beat the crap out of every team you play people get bored and expect every game to be a win. There is a level of cockiness that everyone at the Aledo school, and fans in general seem to be carrying around... That is the main reason I don't want us ranked #1. Whenever we get ranked that high everyone in Aledo just automatically says, "We are going to win state easily this year." That level of over-confidence is horrible for the guys playing because it causes them to not try as hard, which is why we didn't beat Guyer 2 seasons ago.

I have gone to every Aledo game for the past 17 years. Even when I had the flu, and other various issues. The drop in fans caring is due to the lack of competition... When you beat the crap out of every team you play people get bored and expect every game to be a win. There is a level of cockiness that everyone at the Aledo school, and fans in general seem to be carrying around... That is the main reason I don't want us ranked #1. Whenever we get ranked that high everyone in Aledo just automatically says, "We are going to win state easily this year." That level of over-confidence is horrible for the guys playing because it causes them to not try as hard, which is why we didn't beat Guyer 2 seasons ago.

That's exactly what I mean the passion from the majority of the fans isn't there. When I lived there before the three peat the games were crazy. Still remember the two day game and the game up in Wichita Falls coldest game I've been too but the fans were still there and cheering. Being #1 is a given but a loss is what they may just need

The only game since the three peat began that had that old crazy feeling was when Johnathan Gray was a sophomore and we played Stephenville in cowboy stadium. Going into overtime, and it was the first year jerry world was open... Add in the 41k people and it was the best game I have ever been to.

The only game since the three peat began that had that old crazy feeling was when Johnathan Gray was a sophomore and we played Stephenville in cowboy stadium. Going into overtime, and it was the first year jerry world was open... Add in the 41k people and it was the best game I have ever been to.

Since I moved I haven't been to many but the only true passion games seem to be the playoff games against them, 2011 in the rain was awesome, and the first Lake Travis, when Lake Travis soaked their field to stop Gray.

George ranch is the only richmond school there. FB Marshall and Elkins are Missouri City.

I put all the FB county schools in the same boat. FB Travis and FB Bush are in Richmond, Marshall, Hightower and Ridge Point are considered Mo City but to people that live around here just roll that together with 3rd ward, Alief or other spots coming down 59 which I didn't want to be mistaken for where I was talking about. They have schools in Richmond, Sugarland and Houston so I probably should have said FB ISD to clarify what I meant.