How do you handicap this one on who is more likely telling the truth??

NorthoftheBorder

one point and two questions:

the point: this is not a real news site

first question: who really cares what Obama and the pope talked about?

second question: isn't making sure that everyone has access to birth control a wonderful thing? if there's two things that conservatives hate, it's abortion and paying for handouts for the poor. free birth control is a wonderful preventative for both. i do not like Obamacare, but i think guaranteed access to birth control is one of the few things it actually got right, and i also think it's the one thing that Republicans ought to be able to look at as a positive.

second question: isn't making sure that everyone has access to birth control a wonderful thing? if there's two things that conservatives hate, it's abortion and paying for handouts for the poor. free birth control is a wonderful preventative for both. i do not like Obamacare, but i think guaranteed access to birth control is one of the few things it actually got right, and i also think it's the one thing that Republicans ought to be able to look at as a positive.

Exactly who is it that does not have access to birth control?  Addtionally, the term "free" in birth control is an absolute joke just as it is in so many other areas.  If your theory is correct, we can now expect the poverty rate to drop substantially as well as the illegitimate birth rate?

I guess what we need to know is (and I have not done the research) whether the actual press releases from the White House and the Vatican as they are reported in in the "Washington Times" are accurate!  If they are, then it doesn't matter if they are a legitimate news source and they give their editorial opinion as to the their feeling about the meeting and what each side said.  They reported what each side actually put out in a press release accurately and you and I can form our own opinion, which is almost always different in the political realm!  But that is ok, I still enjoy reading your posts!!

Who cares? Maybe 80 million American Catholics. 

Isn't birth control a great thing? You bet it is. In fact about 70% of Christians are in the various Protestant versions and have no problem with birth control and that means a majority of all Americans. What those protestants believe in is religious freedom and not in the beliefs of the Catholic church. They believe that their fellow Christians have the right to choose for themselves what services that they give their employees, not the federal government and they believe that it is a violation of the First Amendment.