Bullets- Do you think this college is liberal or conservative?

stevenash

It would appear that this was the work of a single person, or a small group of people, and that the college reacted properly when they became aware of the situation by canceling the event. She SHOULD probably have been fired, but that's easier said than done. i know nothing about the college itself.

"It was obviously a mistake," said SPSCC's Dean of College Relations, Kellie Purce Braseth.
Braseth said the group that put out the email last week apologized the next day and canceled the event.

She said the college believes the best way to celebrate and discuss diversity is to include everyone.

"If you want to come you should be able to come, that just makes a richer conversation," said Braseth.

I don't even think it made fox. To be fair to the "mainstream" media, there are members in the African American community who bring attention to stories like this and take action and demand that the media cover it. In some cases, they are justified in doing so. In other cases, people like q-tip X push their agenda by over exaggerating or fabricating stories. But realistically, do you honestly feel that this case deserves national attention? A low-level employee at an irrelevant school no one has ever heard of sends an inappropriate email that is both discriminatory and racist, but the school immediately fixes the problem and releases a statement condemning the action. I don't see this as worthy of national news, unless we're going to praise the school for doing the right thing.

I don't even think it made fox. To be fair to the "mainstream" media, there are members in the African American community who bring attention to stories like this and take action and demand that the media cover it. In some cases, they are justified in doing so. In other cases, people like q-tip X push their agenda by over exaggerating or fabricating stories. But realistically, do you honestly feel that this case deserves national attention? A low-level employee at an irrelevant school no one has ever heard of sends an inappropriate email that is both discriminatory and racist, but the school immediately fixes the problem and releases a statement condemning the action. I don't see this as worthy of national news, unless we're going to praise the school for doing the right thing.

Ok, turn your head to the fact that many "local" stories get national news coverage that is not warranted when it fits the "agenda" of the liberal mainstream media, while others do not because they do not fit that agenda.  But since you might be in agreeement with their agenda, you wouldn't, or couldn't see that.  I don't know!!