Russia issues 24 hour deadline or face storm

rolltides

Who cares what Russia or puttin believes or the rest of the plant The U.S. is still the U.S. everyone knows this.... LETS FOCUS ON OUR ECONOMY

After 5 years without passing a budget or even bringing one up for a vote in the Senate, NOW you want to worry about the economy?

Interesting.............. 

Hey it looks like Russia has test fired a ICBM today. They mean business but Obama is too weak and feeble to stand up for America.

I'm a Republican to start with. But I don't try to bash the president, for the sake of bashing him. I don't agree with alot of the stuff he does. I don't even agree with the way he is handling this situation. But I would like to hear what you and anyone else thinks our actions concerning this situation should be. Holding my breath with anticipation!!!

Pick your battles, this ain't one of them. Oops to late, STUPID

The old saying " Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it "  comes to mind.  If Putin is not confronted here, ( I don't necessarily mean militarily )then where?  You think he's going to stop at the Ukraine if no one does anything about this?  Hitler and Stalin also come to mind.

The old saying " Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it "  comes to mind.  If Putin is not confronted here, ( I don't necessarily mean militarily )then where?  You think he's going to stop at the Ukraine if no one does anything about this?  Hitler and Stalin also come to mind.

Whatcha going to do?

We should have boycotted the Olympics, but too late for that.  For now , strong economic sanctions and put the NATO countries on alert.   Cut off their oil and resources and make it hurt.  No sending Kerry over there to shake a finger at them and say "Bad Boy"! Same as with Hitler, the longer you wait the worse its going to get. Some people saw this coming when Putin was "elected".  I mean he's former KGB for goodness sake!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-12/russia-seeks-package-of-trade-agreements-with-u-s-.html

This is not the old USSR (yet).  They are lot more dependent on the outside world for resources than before.  They lost allot of their natural resources when the country broke up, which is most likely one of the reasons for the power grab now, so sanctions would hurt them bad if they are strong enough.

We could also give them the boot from the G8 and ramp up negotiations with European countries to begin building LNG plants to supply them with natural gas.

Even the threat of Russia losing a share of the natural gas market would bring them to the table because that is one of their biggest bargaining chip to lose.

The problem is any negotiations have to be put forth forcefully and I don't think this administration is up to it.

Where's Reagan when you need him?   :(

I myself don't like meddling in others affairs but as bigdog has pointed out, Putin won't stop unless someone stops him and we are the short list of those capable of doing it...very short list, one.

We could also give them the boot from the G8 and ramp up negotiations with European countries to begin building LNG plants to supply them with natural gas.

Even the threat of Russia losing a share of the natural gas market would bring them to the table because that is one of their biggest bargaining chip to lose.

The problem is any negotiations have to be put forth forcefully and I don't think this administration is up to it.

I myself don't like meddling in others affairs but as bigdog has pointed out, Putin won't stop unless someone stops him and we are the short list of those capable of doing it...very short list, one.

Exactly.  This is not 1945 or 1981 even 2000.   No one else in Europe has the stones to stand up to him, and neither does this president.  This is a far different and worse situation than before.  1939 all over again.

Where's Reagan when you need him? :(

He and Russia are not weak. They can deal with any sanctions if they desire to. We are weak. Its the price we pay for political correctness and trying to please everyone.
Didn't hear anyone in here screaming we should boycott olympics. Putin will do what Putin wants. Stop when he desires to stop. No matter who is in charge, he's going to do what he wants.
But this may help you get your Republican president that you want. So count this as a blessing.

He and Russia are not weak. They can deal with any sanctions if they desire to. We are weak. Its the price we pay for political correctness and trying to please everyone.
Didn't hear anyone in here screaming we should boycott olympics. Putin will do what Putin wants. Stop when he desires to stop. No matter who is in charge, he's going to do what he wants.
But this may help you get your Republican president that you want. So count this as a blessing.

Same thing was said about Gorbachev, I'm sure.  The US is not weak...we simply have weak leadership at the moment.

Things can change...remember Carter?

All these things may come to pass. The process takes a minute. And if they don't work?

The old saying " Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it " comes to mind. If Putin is not confronted here, ( I don't necessarily mean militarily )then where? You think he's going to stop at the Ukraine if no one does anything about this? Hitler and Stalin also come to mind.

And if sanctions don't work. You suggesting military action then? Just curious about your long term plans