How can a sports fan have more pride in their conference than school?

UTfanatic

Is it because the conference has what your school does not have?

Is it because you are like a puppy and have not been weened yet?

Is it because you like the NFC West better than the Seahawks?

Is it because you like being a groupy forever?

It is kinda creepy.................and I'll never understand.....................I love The University of Texas

HOOKEM

Fans of teams that can't win but love how "their " conference won eleventy-hundred titles in a row and signs big recruits. Nobody in particular, just random fans of unnamed schools that don't have a Pom Squad in chaps.

Every game is on national TV
Recruits want to play against the best in the SEC
Road trips are not even on the same level in the SEC

I could keep going but I guess you get the picture. Those all seem like pretty good reasons to be excited about being in the SEC. The move has been a huge shot in the arm for the A&M program.

I could keep going but I guess you get the picture. Those all seem like pretty good reasons to be excited about being in the SEC. The move has been a huge shot in the arm for the A&M program.

yea it has but the slope is going the wrong way...............fact

and some day you will have to ween.......lol

HOOKEM

SEC-3            a&m-1

Hookem................I love the Big 12..............The University of Texas

The SEC thing isn't really that true, the majority of those kids just want to play for Kevin Sumlin. The coaching change boosted the recruiting, not the conference. You can look at Missouri's recruiting the last 5 years and see that. 2 of their top 3 classes the last 5 years were in the Big 12, their second worst class was this year's after actually playing for the SEC title. Sumlin understands he has to be over the top with his recruiting methods, otherwise you don't get a kid like Speedy Noil who's from New Orleans to come live in College Station where the only people he fits in with are his teammates. Kids like Thomas Johnson and I'm sure some others, probably like Seals-Jones are having a harder time than usual adjusting from the urban areas they come from to rural/conservative College Station. Before Sumlin came I doubt there were many, if any urban kids that grew up wanting to be an Aggie. Not my words either, that's from guys that I talked to like Johnny Jolly. Like people already said, one coach wins 8 games and went 3-1 in the BCS while playing for 2 national titles and gets pushed out. The other coach wins 8 games and has a production slip but gets a raise. We don't have to say it, the A&M board of regents already has. . . .

The SEC thing isn't really that true, the majority of those kids just want to play for Kevin Sumlin. The coaching change boosted the recruiting, not the conference. You can look at Missouri's recruiting the last 5 years and see that. 2 of their top 3 classes the last 5 years were in the Big 12, their second worst class was this year's after actually playing for the SEC title. Sumlin understands he has to be over the top with his recruiting methods, otherwise you don't get a kid like Speedy Noil who's from New Orleans to come live in College Station where the only people he fits in with are his teammates. Kids like Thomas Johnson and I'm sure some others, probably like Seals-Jones are having a harder time than usual adjusting from the urban areas they come from to rural/conservative College Station. Before Sumlin came I doubt there were many, if any urban kids that grew up wanting to be an Aggie. Not my words either, that's from guys that I talked to like Johnny Jolly. Like people already said, one coach wins 8 games and went 3-1 in the BCS while playing for 2 national titles and gets pushed out. The other coach wins 8 games and has a production slip but gets a raise. We don't have to say it, the A&M board of regents already has. . . .

Great post but RSJ is from Sealy.............guess he was afraid of Austin.

HOOKEM

.I love the Big 12..............The University of Texas

So I guess the SEC has 7 of the best 10 recruiting coaches in the country. That explains how they keep getting top classes. It also explains how Kentucky can out recruit Texas, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon etc. Players must like their head coach whatever his name is.

So I guess the SEC has 7 of the best 10 recruiting coaches in the country. That explains how they keep getting top classes. It also explains how Kentucky can out recruit Texas, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon etc. Players must like their head coach whatever his name is.

I told yall about what was about to happen at Kentucky before last season. ;)

Becasue when they were in the Big Xii, they were a middle of the pack team and now....oh wait, nevermind.

Yeah middle of the pack the same place Texas is at in the Big 12(10) - oh but wait the SEC is a much much better conference but that doe not count because it does not support the Texas argument. 

Yeah middle of the pack the same place Texas is at in the Big 12(10) - oh but wait the SEC is a much much better conference but that doe not count because it does not support the Texas argument. 

Big 12 - 1    UT - 1

sec - 1       tamu - 0

and UT fired their coach, hired new coaching staff and AD, The slope is going upward.

tamu lost four games, gave their coach a huge contract, had a top five recruiting class, and still talk more about sec than tamu. Come OT be a proud aggie.

Big 12 - 0    UT - 2

sec - 1       tamu - 3

HOOKEM

A team that was playing for the conference championship on the last day of the season. Plus, they had Case McCoy at QB.

The ags had 4 losses with the Heisman winner at QB and two other potential 1st rd picks on offense. Outstanding!

You guys might want to change your macot to the Gravy Trains, cause that's all you do,