Scrimmages & Spring Games

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1427221" timestamp="1377395918"]
Serious question: Why do so many ppl take stock into them so much when they're glorified practices to correct weaknesses?  Im speaking in general also, not pointing out fanbases.
[/quote]

Some people are just ignorant.

They are indicators to the coaches. They put players in certain positions to see how they will respond. They don't mean as much as for as real game situations are concerned. Special teams, filed positions, turnovers in real game situations really changes everything.
But you gotta admit Buddy, it sure feels good when you see your team doing positive things under new leadership. That's what my Jags are experiencing. The potential is there to do great things.

[quote name="indianforever" post="1427225" timestamp="1377396371"]
Ok I know this is directed towards my comments about PNG...I will not say another word about our scrimmage with Texas City...lets just sit back and see what those Indians do this year ;)
[/quote]check your PM  ;)

[quote name="indianforever" post="1427225" timestamp="1377396371"]
Ok I know this is directed towards my comments about PNG...I will not say another word about our scrimmage with Texas City...lets just sit back and see what those Indians do this year ;)
[/quote]you are supposed to be inspired for your team. A real game atmosphere will make things more clearer as far as where the Indians really are. So will it be for the Jags.  Good Luck to all the 20 4a family

[quote name="indianforever" post="1427230" timestamp="1377397095"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=113550.msg1427228#msg1427228 date=1377396902]
Let me clarify: this thread is speaking in general.
[/quote]

Buddy if you would like to sit on the PNG side during the silsbee game I can get you a ticket and you can sit with me if you want to
[/quote]i would but i won't be able to get the pics i want.  8)

[quote name="bcjag10" post="1427224" timestamp="1377396337"]
They are indicators to the coaches. They put players in certain positions to see how they will respond. They don't mean as much as for as real game situations are concerned. Special teams, filed positions, turnovers in real game situations really changes everything.
But you gotta admit Buddy, it sure feels good when you see your team doing positive things under new leadership. That's what my Jags are experiencing. The potential is there to do great things.
[/quote]understandable, i just feel like most fans put too much stock into them thinking it will equate to a great season or a rebuilding season, most teams hold back some from my recent experiences.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1427231" timestamp="1377397365"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=113550.msg1427230#msg1427230 date=1377397095]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=113550.msg1427228#msg1427228 date=1377396902]
Let me clarify: this thread is speaking in general.
[/quote]

Buddy if you would like to sit on the PNG side during the silsbee game I can get you a ticket and you can sit with me if you want to
[/quote]i would but i won't be able to get the pics i want.  8)
[/quote]

Well if you make your way over to the PNG side let me know

During the controlled portion of the scrimmage, it is very much a glorified practice. During the live portion, its a different matter. I don't know about the other area scrimmages, but there was some hard hits, just like in a game. Coaches may hold back, as in not opening playbooks, but those boys were giving it their all out there Friday night, on both sides.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1427243" timestamp="1377398892"]
During the controlled portion of the scrimmage, it is very much a glorified practice. During the live portion, its a different matter. I don't know about the other area scrimmages, but there was some hard hits, just like in a game. Coaches may hold back, as in not opening playbooks, but those boys were giving it their all out there Friday night, on both sides.
[/quote]    Good luck to all the area teams

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin