Huffman BB team 2007

Guest etbu

Ok guys where were we and what are our chances this year? I saw Sipe, Arnold and many of the kids tonight and looking great. Sipe really looks good and has been pumping so serious iron. Our schedule is really going to be tough but should get us ready for our district. Thoughts or comments?

Speaking of getting ready for district, who do you think will be the main competition in district?  Here's how I see it playing out.

1 New Caney

2 Huffman

3 Crosby

4 Galena Park

5 C E King

6 Barbers Hill

7 Smiley

8 Forrest Brook

Comments?

Speaking of getting ready for district, who do you think will be the main competition in district?  Here's how I see it playing out.

1 New Caney

2 Huffman

3 Crosby

4 Galena Park

5 C E King

6 Barbers Hill

7 Smiley

8 Forrest Brook

Really think BH can beat Smiley and Forest Brook......all right!

Comments?

Here is the way I see it:

1) New Caney, they have one of the best pitchers in the state, period.  However after Dean, not sure what they have.  Dean can't pitch every game.  But NC is the favorite going into the season.
2) Huffman, probably has the best pitching staff in the district.  With Listi, Arnold, Sipe and Morris they will be able to keep all arms fresh and ready.  Hitting will be the key for Huffman.  They have a killer non-district schedule playing almost all 5A power-houses.  If the Falcons hit, watch out, not only will they win district but make a lot of noise in the play-offs.
3) Barbers Hill, probably has the best all around team with a very good pitching staff and some big time power at the plate and could potentially win the district if the pitching comes through as hoped.  Barrera is the leader of a good returning group of players with big game experience.
4) Crosby, returning 4A team and will battle with the three above for a play-off spot.  However, they will come up short.  NC, Huffman and BH are just too strong or deep or both.
5) Throw the rest of the district in a hat and take your pick.  GP is probably the best of the rest.
6) Smiley
7) CE King
8) Forest Brook

Will see how it all plays out, no matter what happens, this will be as tough a district as any in the state to win!!

Bh scored how many runs of Listi last year in what twenty innings one or two? Listi owned Bh last year two or three times. The bigger question for Huffman is can they hit the ball from top to bottom. Another weakness may be the catcher postion for Huffman after losing Hill.

I checked and Listi gave up two hits on no runs in ten innings.  Was on the phone tonight with some guys that know this district somewhat and all have concluded that I spoke to that BH is going to be very tough. They always hit the ball and if Hales can stay healthy along with the way they hit the ball they be tough. The only thing that concerns me about our team is the fact that moving up is a whole new ballgame when playing the larger  schools. Forest use to be pretty good but after their Coach went to PVU they have not been that strong. Anyone know anything about New Caney or Crosby?

Bh scored how many runs of Listi last year in what twenty innings one or two? Listi owned Bh last year two or three times. The bigger question for Huffman is can they hit the ball from top to bottom. Another weakness may be the catcher postion for Huffman after losing Hill.

That was last year! Buckle up Falcons 07 is here along with 4A and we will have to play every game. Listi did show up the eagles last year and Huffman didn't see Hales!! stop counting chickens BH will be good this year!!!!!!!

:-* see ya at the game brotha

We lost alot of kids last year and they are going to be hard to replace. I have talked to many about this year and many have concluded the following.

Bh

New Caney

Huffman or Crosby.

Bh has  a very good baseball team coming back and will tough to beat. If Huffman can hit the ball and have some pretty consistent fielding we should be ok. Moving up is going to be much tougher than a lot of fans thinks.

I hear that New Caney has a left handed pitcher that is pretty good and a second pitcher that failed to play last year. Will be a fun year and hopefully it will be good race top to bottom.

The kid is not left handed. He's a 6'5" RH that throws up around 94 or 95, but 90 consistently. His name is Dean and he's signed with OU. As far as there #2. I'm not sure who it is, but NC goes deeper in pitching than you would expect.

They are coming out a very strong four a district and I think they will be pretty good this  year.

• 4 weeks later...

Great thread....The Barrera injury is a major blow to BH...BH has alot ( as most teams do ) some very talented if as of yet unheard of names.. HF lost many key players but yet still returns a very talented pitching staff, even with the departure of Bagley to San Jac. I coached the younger Schimdt kid in summer ball....he will be heard from this year..New Caney has produced a very competitive team for awhlie...this year, obviously it is led by Dean. BH has major talent..some unseen until now...My best guess...this district's top three spots belong to HF, BH, and NC... What order...anybody's guess !

Do not know too much about this district. But judging from what I saw from Huffman and BH last year it would not surprise me if these two teams are the class of the district

I know a little about this district, and I agree with you BH and Huffman will be in the top 3 teams in this district.

Pre-season srimmage is over... Tuesday regular season opener for most (WEATHER PENDING) ...May no player from any team get hurt...may the best man win ( yada..yada..yada) and............let's play ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NC, HUFF, and BH looking forward to some great baseball !! Good luck to all ! Throw BH in the hat...we're ready !!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder