Local Players in College / Pro Action

Nederland's Ryan Frantz and LCM's Shon Landry

Cowboys lead early but drop 8-3 decision to Texas A&M

"Cowboy starter Ryan Frantz held the Aggies scoreless for three innings but they came up with three runs in the fourth and after the Cowboys had scored another run in the fifth, added two in the fifth. McNeese went on to added one more in the seventh and the Aggies wrapped it up with three in the eighth"

This is the hidden content, please

Cowboys drop second game of series 10-4 to Houston Baptist

landryshonjl1.jpg

LCM's Shon Landry hit his second home run in as many nights for the Cowboys

"The final run for the Cowboys was scored in the eighth inning as Bryn Thompson singled. Thompson was pinch run for by Josh Cholley after reaching base. Cholley advanced to second base on a Nick Eubanks single and was driven home when Nederland's  Ryan Brauninger hit a double down the left field line.

pattersonuh0.jpg

WOS Patterson smiling, arm feeling good

Right-hander pain-free on Saturday in first start since last June

By Bill Ladson / MLB.com

"Patterson went on the mound against the Orioles on Saturday afternoon and pitched two solid innings, allowing one run on two hits in a 4-1 loss. The player known as the "Big Nasty" was able to throw all of his pitches without any problems. Patterson was able to throw first-pitch strikes against most of the hitters he faced."

Will Jay Bruce start in Triple A ?

"With Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn on the outfield corners, the Reds have been taking a look at power-hitting prospect Jay Bruce in center. Patterson's arrival seems to increase the chances Baseball America's reigning Minor League Player of the Year goes to Triple A to await a Griffey or Dunn trade."

"Rookie Clay Buchholz was taken deep on consecutive pitches by Justin Morneau (two-run homer) and Craig Monroe of the Twins in the first inning of a 7-2 loss to Minnesota in City of Palms Park. Buchholz recovered to retire the last seven batters he faced in a three-inning stint in which he struck out three and did not allow a ball out of the infield the last two innings. "I think he has great stuff, and I think he's learning, even if it's spring training, that if you make a mistake with major league hitters, they make you pay a price, and maybe that's a good thing," said Francona. "

I was thinking he was thru at the JUCO level, did he 'redshirt' one of the yrs there?

San Jac sweeps Galveston

BC pitcher Kevin Angelle gets a no decision pitching 5 innings, 4 hits, and 8 strike-outs in third game.  San Jac wins in extra innings 5-4.  Michael Johnson from Bellaire gets the win

I was thinking he was thru at the JUCO level, did he 'redshirt' one of the yrs there?

San Jac sweeps Galveston

BC pitcher Kevin Angelle gets a no decision pitching 5 innings, 4 hits, and 8 strike-outs in third game.  San Jac wins in extra innings 5-4.  Michael Johnson from Bellaire gets the win

No redshirt, 2nd yr at San Jac, will play at Lamar for 2009.

Admin....

Thanks for all the posts. Its good to keep up with the area youngsters from our area as they continue to progress.

Thanks

Thanks dav-j, when you have been involved in summer ball as long as I have, it's a thrill to see these kids succeed, not only in college but in their life after baseball.

I know we have many local kids in college, all you moms and dads, coaches and girlfriends, send me a pm with their name and school and I will search and post what I can find about them.