Local Players in College / Pro Action

Brock Lemire- 112AB .321AVG 1 HR:Ryan Brauninger 64 AB .321 AVG 5HR:Dustin Hood 136 AB .316 AVG:Cody Deitz 60 AB .317 AVG 2 HR:William Delage 7-2 69 IP 69 SO 2.61 ERA:Justin Walker 2-0 18.1 IP 22 SO 3.33 ERA:Ryan Franz 0-0 14 IP 8 SO 5.79 ERA.

Thanks for updates from Big Ned players.

Maybe I'm partial to baseball but doesn't it seem that this area is a hotbed for next level players in sports.

I know I'm missing players players who are playing up, so please pass the word so we can recognize them. I've got a few more weeks on diasble list so I like to get the word out our local talent.

4-14-06

Nederland's Dustin Hood went 3-5 with a double and rbi as Wake Forest beat Duke 10-9.

Bridge City's Derek Blacksher went 9 innings giving up 5 hits and 3 runs as McNeese beat UTA 10-3. LCM's Shon Landry was 2-4 with 2 rbi's.

Nederland's William DeLage went 8 innnings giving up 6 hits 1 run with 7 k's as Lamar beat Sam Houston 8-1. Kelly's William Henderson 2-4.

Mcneese vs. Nicholls St.

Friday 4/21

Derek Blacksher (BC) scattered seven hits while pitching McNeese to an 11-2 victory . second complete game and he lifted his record to 5-2 on the season. Teammate Shon Landry (LCM) was 2-4 with 2 runs.

Sunday 4/23

Shon Landry(LCM) was 3-5 with 2 runs scored and 3 stolen bases w/ a 7-2 win.

Here is a good one for somebody. What is the NJCAA ruling on games being suspended due to a bench clearing fight? Game was stopped in the bottom of the seventh. Does that game count? What other type of suspensions could happen?

I witnessed this senario this weekend. Both teams involved are heading to the playoffs. Will this effect their chance to play in the post season?