UIL rolls out realignment details

Guest Farmer Fran

Guest Air Bisquit
http://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/high_school/uil-rolls-out-realignment-details/article_b2b016bf-668f-508d-b610-dc85a2962629.html

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1420925" timestamp="1375483106"]
"A new Class 6A will be created, [b]but it won’t be a conference of schools with large enrollments[/b] as many had thought."

???
[/quote]

It will be no different than when 4A was the largest district. Back then (at least up into the 1980's) the smallest schools were Class B.

To make everyone feel appreciated (early political correctness), sometime in the early '80's  they made all 11 man teams "A" divisions. B went to 1A, 1A went to 2A, etc., with 4A moving to 5A. (Somewhere in there for a few years they had 8 man ball that was eliminated)

Now they continue by naming even 6 man teams an "A" school.

So the divisions are no different than they were in the 1960's with divisions back then called Six Man - 4A. Now the same divisions will be called 1A-6A.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1420925" timestamp="1375483106"]
"A new Class 6A will be created, [b]but it won’t be a conference of schools with large enrollments[/b] as many had thought."

???
[/quote]
I thought it was already leaked that the classes were moving up an A. Lol have to get use to saying 21-6A.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1420987" timestamp="1375508610"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=113089.msg1420925#msg1420925 date=1375483106]

???
[/quote]
I thought it was already leaked that the classes were moving up an A. Lol have to get use to saying 21-6A.
[/quote]Yea, but i'm confused on why he said that [b][u]it won't[/b][b] be a conference of schools with large enrollments[/b], heck 5A right now has the highest enrollments. I'm interested in seeing what exactly he meant by that statement.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1421134" timestamp="1375582166"]
In the very last paragraph, what is the deal with Friday night games not being televised?
[/quote]

I think it said that it stayed the same as it is now.

Currently you can "replay" a Friday game, on Friday, but it can't be live. There has to be a one hour wait after the game ends before it can be aired.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    udawuqag
    Newest Member
    udawuqag