Place your bets ...which team will win district 19-4A this year?

Which team will win district 19-4A this year?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win district 19-4A this year?

• Barbers Hill
    • C.E. King
    • Crosby
    • Dayton
    • Humble
    • Kingwood Park
    • New Caney
    • Porter
    • Summer Creek

[quote name="liltex" post="1412013" timestamp="1370658395"]
Uh I was wondering who voted for Dayton.We will struggle to get a playoff spot.But give them very young Broncos a year.When this yrs soph get a lot of varsity exp they will roll their jr/sr years-wait for it ??? 8)
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1412013" timestamp="1370658395"]
Uh I was wondering who voted for Dayton.We will struggle to get a playoff spot.But give them very young Broncos a year.When this yrs soph get a lot of varsity exp they will roll their jr/sr years-wait for it ??? 8)
[/quote]not going to struggle for a playoff spot. Only 1 team that will be tough for dayton to overcome. Started 5 sophmores on offense last year and will have even more sophmore talent this year.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1412044" timestamp="1370700082"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=112445.msg1412013#msg1412013 date=1370658395]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It was a toss up between the ant hill and SC... i just feel that SC's vertical game will be what gets them the DC this year... from reading on here about the 19-4A teams there will be a lot of young teams and them two seem to be the front runners with the most returning talent....  Never Count out them Broncos ... they will sneak up and bite you when your not looking...

Dayton was 9-2 with their 2 losses against 2 of the top 10 teams in the state. For most teams that would be a great season. That was also with almost all our skill position players being sophmores. I just dont see a drop off this year. Not to mention dayton will have the best nose guard they have had in several years which is very important with the 3-4 they run.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1412054" timestamp="1370704629"]
Dayton was 9-2 with their 2 losses against 2 of the top 10 teams in the state. For most teams that would be a great season. That was also with almost all our skill position players being sophmores. I just dont see a drop off this year. Not to mention dayton will have the best nose guard they have had in several years which is very important with the 4-3 they run.
[/quote]

I am looking forward to seeing this young team play this year and I hope they do like I think they will. The offense should be a little saltier than last year. New QB means different tempo and attitude, we will do fine.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1412051" timestamp="1370702677"]
It was a toss up between the ant hill and SC... i just feel that SC's vertical game will be what gets them the DC this year... from reading on here about the 19-4A teams there will be a lot of young teams and them two seem to be the front runners with the most returning talent....  Never Count out them Broncos ... they will sneak up and bite you when your not looking...
[/quote]

SC's defense is a big question mark. Could be trouble if SC can't roll up points.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1412054" timestamp="1370704629"]
Dayton was 9-2 with their 2 losses against 2 of the top 10 teams in the state. For most teams that would be a great season. That was also with almost all our skill position players being sophmores. I just dont see a drop off this year. Not to mention dayton will have the best nose guard they have had in several years which is very important with the 3-4 they run.
[/quote]

One big issue for Dayton is this year they must come to the million dollar field at Turner aka district title town n face 25,000 screaming faithful bulldog fans. The atmosphere and The Greatest Show on Turf will be too much for the young Dayton squad.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412111" timestamp="1370731590"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=112445.msg1412054#msg1412054 date=1370704629]
[/quote]

One big issue for Dayton is this year they must come to the million dollar field at Turner aka district title town n face 25,000 screaming faithful bulldog fans. The atmosphere and The Greatest Show on Turf will be too much for the young Dayton squad.
[/quote]

Only game in this area that could generate that type of crowd would be Mid County Madness.
Dayton used to be in Ned and PNG's district. Those two schools bring more fans to the stadium than anybody. So I'm sure Dayton can handle the crickets at Turner aka home of the all bark no bite bulldogs.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1412119" timestamp="1370732450"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112445.msg1412118#msg1412118 date=1370732338]
No bite?  SC bit the s**t outta district 19 last year.
[/quote]

How'd playoffs go? How'd the hands down best team in the world do?
[/quote]

We shined as always. No other team in the Houston area can say they beat GTown.

Honestly I'm gonna have to go with Crosby. I think they have a offense as high caliber as SC's with the twins and there receiver (can't remember his name) and there defense will be better than SC's. I'll even go as far to say I wouldn't wanna face them in the playoffs. I see them playing for the regional final in D2.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412124" timestamp="1370733629"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=112445.msg1412119#msg1412119 date=1370732450]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112445.msg1412118#msg1412118 date=1370732338]
No bite?  SC bit the s**t outta district 19 last year.
[/quote]

How'd playoffs go? How'd the hands down best team in the world do?
[/quote]

We shined as always. No other team in the Houston area can say they beat GTown.
[/quote]

Getting one win does not count as shining as always.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1412128" timestamp="1370735789"]
Honestly I'm gonna have to go with Crosby. I think they have a offense as high caliber as SC's with the twins and there receiver (can't remember his name) [b]and there defense will be better than SC's[/b]. I'll even go as far to say I wouldn't wanna face them in the playoffs. I see them playing for the regional final in D2.
[/quote]
Hmm, what makes you think that? Just out of curiosity.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412135" timestamp="1370739775"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=112445.msg1412128#msg1412128 date=1370735789]
Honestly I'm gonna have to go with Crosby. I think they have a offense as high caliber as SC's with the twins and there receiver (can't remember his name) [b]and there defense will be better than SC's[/b]. I'll even go as far to say I wouldn't wanna face them in the playoffs. I see them playing for the regional final in D2.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Honestly its just a prediction based off what i think. I really dont have much stats or evidence to back it off of. I just feel like crosby will have the better defense. And the fact that SC had the worst pass defense in the district and they lost 3 of there defensive backs from last year.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1412137" timestamp="1370742180"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=112445.msg1412135#msg1412135 date=1370739775]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=112445.msg1412128#msg1412128 date=1370735789]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Honestly its just a prediction based off what i think. I really dont have much stats or evidence to back it off of. I just feel like crosby will have the better defense. And the fact that SC had the worst pass defense in the district and they lost 3 of there defensive backs from last year.
[/quote]
Well i think new caney will have the best defense in 19-4a in 2013 because they had the best pass defense in district last year. That totally makes sense right? I really think it will, so it will right? Lol

I'll go ahead and make our case. It has never really mattered who the coach was Crosby has always seemed to have skill players in the hallways who can create an effective offense. Raelon Singleton has a dozen offers and he didn't even play football year before last. I believe other than Ned, Crosby played the most brutal schedule in the bi-district. We played 6 playoff teams, 3 of which were ranked in the top ten in the state at some point and Manor who was the regional champion. While we averaged over 40 ppg on non-playoff teams we only averaged 23.5 ppg on teams that did make the playoffs. We bring back basically 9 starters off that offense and for the two receivers we lost we bring back the two kids that backed them up plus some big time playmakers off the freshman and jv squads. I believe we need to average 7 to 10 more ppg on the playoff teams this year to produce the type results I think we're capable of. This is  our second year in Riordan's system who I hope isn't putting in the same type philosophy that they had when they beat Dayton in the state championship which was " you can get yours but we're going to get more". We have a bunch of kids in that 6' 220-250 lb range I think would make good defenders but we'll see what happens. If we can stop people next year I truly think it's down to Texas City, Crosby, Elgin, Brenham and FB Marshall(if they go D2) for the 4A D2 regional crown. Vype magazine seems to pretty much think the same thing. I think we roll BH to open district play and beat Dayton at home the next week. I don't know about the SC game because they throw the ball so well and that's killer in high school, Lake Travis won 5 in a row doing it. I know this, SC lost their big 300lb d-tackle and their playmaking ILB in Domio. I don't care what the stats said, that d-tackle was the best defensive player in the district last year and much like Deshawn Washington at Ned they disrupt your offensive rhythm to help make the stops SC did manage. I like our chances against SC though. Turner is an ISD stadium and we'll have just as many if not more fans in the stands than SC so the home field advantage will be minimal. Going to be interesting either way with all the talent on the field during the Crosby-SC game.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1412195" timestamp="1370801231"]
BH or Crosby
[/quote]

I really need to see how SC comes out this year.  I know I'm the consumate homer and trash talker, but I had no idea SC was going to be as good as they were last year.  The year before was a surprise too.  So, this year's team could show up even better with more kids that surprise me with their play. On the flip side, they could lay an egg too.  Last year's team had a personality and chemistry.  We lost some key big time players (Greg Hogan, KeVonn Aldrige...), but we have some others in the pipeline like Sydney Holt-Washington and Torrey Johnson (who has been incredible since his sophmore year). Duente Chapman is looking to have a stellar year too.

Our defense is a BIG "if" ...last year's defense was good ...more of a bend but don't break style of defense.  They definitely weren't a defense like Nederland's.  Those guys where the kind of defense that kept their offense in the game.  Dakota Allen will be in his senior year.  I believe everyone is expecting a HUGE year from him.  He'll definitely be the captain.  Really hoping for some new guys to step up and surprise the district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder