Barbers Hill vs Brenham- Predictions

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1401621" timestamp="1367850021"]
[quote author=GCMPats2 link=topic=111735.msg1401601#msg1401601 date=1367846706]
Why in the world would Brenham schedule their prom smack dab in the middle of the playoffs? Were they not planning on still being in the playoffs?
Come on now! Don't tell me that prom is a "school event" and the baseball program has no say so on when it is held. This is Brenham we're talking about here.
[/quote]

Graduations and Prom are part of it this time of year.  The coaches know that and schedule around it.  It's the same way every year and the coaches figure out ways to deal with it.  Hence the Thursday, Friday, early Saturday schedule in this series.
[/quote]

Nope. Based on this thread, Brenham wants a 1 gamer now due to EOC/STAAR testing this week and Prom.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="brenhambaseball" post="1401624" timestamp="1367850636"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=111735.msg1401621#msg1401621 date=1367850021]
[quote author=GCMPats2 link=topic=111735.msg1401601#msg1401601 date=1367846706]
Why in the world would Brenham schedule their prom smack dab in the middle of the playoffs? Were they not planning on still being in the playoffs?
Come on now! Don't tell me that prom is a "school event" and the baseball program has no say so on when it is held. This is Brenham we're talking about here.
[/quote]

Graduations and Prom are part of it this time of year.  The coaches know that and schedule around it.  It's the same way every year and the coaches figure out ways to deal with it.  Hence the Thursday, Friday, early Saturday schedule in this series.
[/quote]

Yeah it was Thursday Friday Saturday but can't play on Thursday due to EOC testing....

It's gonna be 1 gamer or 2 out 3 DH on Friday neutral site
[/quote]

DH on a Friday?

If the testing is on Thursday during school hours how does a Thursday evening game effect that?? This sounds awefull fishy to me...... I agree with one poster that it looks like someone lost the toss and is trying to play the seris that they want to play ??? The current seris that is posted doesn't effect STARR or Prom.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1401630" timestamp="1367851260"]
If the testing is on Thursday during school hours how does a Thursday evening game effect that?? This sounds awefull fishy to me...... I agree with one poster that it looks like someone lost the toss and is trying to play the seris that they want to play ??? The current seris that is posted doesn't effect STARR or Prom.
[/quote]

There is a World Geography STAAR test on Friday.

I just wonder why DH on Friday? If it's your prom, it's your problem.

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1401631" timestamp="1367851555"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=111735.msg1401630#msg1401630 date=1367851260]
[/quote]

There is a World Geography STAAR test on Friday.

I just wonder why DH on Friday? If it's your prom, it's your problem.
[/quote]

Oh ok..... and yes If prom is that important then win or lose in 2 or forfeit game 3 ;) ;D

Does it really matter one game or three? BH shouldn't be in a panic mode should they, if only one game is played? I mean yall are for real, right? Win the one game on Friday and let Brenham go to their prom on Saturday. There.. all better.  :)

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1401717" timestamp="1367868177"]
Does it really matter one game or three? BH shouldn't be in a panic mode should they, if only one game is played? I mean yall are for real, right? Win the one game on Friday and let Brenham go to their prom on Saturday. There.. all better.  :)
[/quote]

You have no room for error in a 1 gamer. I think BH is the deeper team for sure. I am just wondering when all the concerns arose: before or after the coin flip?

The BEST team wins 2 out of 3. The best team THAT DAY wins a 1 gamer.

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1401722" timestamp="1367868431"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111735.msg1401717#msg1401717 date=1367868177]
[/quote]

You have no room for error in a 1 gamer. I think BH is the deeper team for sure. I am just wondering when all the concerns arose: before or after the coin flip?

[/quote] I think BH is probably the better team also... But you never know in the playoffs... Nederland was the better team in 20-4A and Dayton went toe to toe with them.. So who knows.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1401724" timestamp="1367868574"]
[quote author=GCMPats2 link=topic=111735.msg1401722#msg1401722 date=1367868431]
[/quote]

[/quote] I think BH is probably the better team also... But you never know in the playoffs... Nederland was the better team in 20-4A and Dayton went toe to toe with them.. So who knows.
[/quote]
Excellent example. Ned would be done if that would have been a 1 gamer.

I'm scratching my head on this one. I think Brenham is being difficult on this series. If it's one game, I hope we 10 run rule them. Learning not to care for Brenham very much. I seen and heard some things at the softball series last week that rubbed me the wrong way.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1401729" timestamp="1367869509"]
I'm scratching my head on this one. I think Brenham is being difficult on this series. If it's one game, I hope we 10 run rule them. Learning not to care for Brenham very much. I seen and heard some things at the softball series last week that rubbed me the wrong way.
[/quote]

I could say the same about BH, from softball.

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1401726" timestamp="1367869199"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111735.msg1401724#msg1401724 date=1367868574]
[quote author=GCMPats2 link=topic=111735.msg1401722#msg1401722 date=1367868431]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Excellent example. Ned would be done if that would have been a 1 gamer.
[/quote]

Exactly..I think OctFeb answered her own question.
IMO, one gamers should not even exist.

Barbers Hill and Vidor played a dh on a Saturday in '07 when Vidor's prom was that night. If I'm not mistaken, all of the Vidor players made it to the prom as well.
I am starting to think like an earlier poster questioned....did this all come up before or after the coin flip ?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1401740" timestamp="1367872666"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=111735.msg1401729#msg1401729 date=1367869509]
[/quote]

I could say the same about BH, from softball.
[/quote]
Well hopefully one or three game's we send ya'll packing with the softball team and rude fans ;)
I still like you though ;D

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1401743" timestamp="1367872884"]
Barbers Hill and Vidor played a dh on a Saturday in '07 when Vidor's prom was that night. If I'm not mistaken, all of the Vidor players made it to the prom as well.
I am starting to think like an earlier poster questioned....did this all come up before or after the coin flip ?
[/quote]

:-D need a recap???

BH Vs Vidor 2007
[url=http://www.setxsports.com/site/index.php?topic=19809.msg0#new]http://www.setxsports.com/site/index.php?topic=19809.msg0#new[/url]

gcmpats and dayton fans, what makes you think BH is a deeper team than Brenham? Have you guys seen Brenham play this year? From a pitching standpoint Thames is very good but not overpowering, 83-85 mph tops...They do not have a 95mph stud ala Josh Beckett to trot out there which I think somewhat equalizes them come playoff series time IMHO. Now Brenham doesnt either which is why I think this series is a toss up regardless of records, dont let the rankings and records fool you. Denny and Wunderlich are both studs. Newman and Beasley both very good catchers. Homan and Joziwak are both good SS. Thames is probably the best pitcher in the series but Brenham has very capable arms as well. Its too bad this matchup is happening so early in the playoffs too. Anyway I hope they figure out a way to keep it a 3 game series.

**Notes on STAAR testing
If any student in the school is taking any test at any time that day, no playoff game can be scheduled Monday through Thursday, as required by state law.
Once testing is complete for the week, teams may schedule playoff games beginning the following day, provided they remain in compliance with UIL rules for scheduling playoff games.
On Friday, when there are timed tests that end at a time certain, with school approval teams could travel no earlier than 30 minutes after the scheduled end of tests on Friday.
If any test for any student on a team involved in a post-season contest occurs on Friday and is an untimed test, travel for that team is not permitted until the end of the school day.
If there are conflicts between a playoff series and the state track meet, it is recommended (but not required) that schools schedule only a onegame series. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn