Small school (3A, 2A, 1A and six man) Players to Watch

I've seen the players to watch list and there are no small school players. Know there is some big-time talent playing at these levels. I will start it off with LB/RB Hunter Cabral from West Sabine. A 165lb. MLB (yes just 165lbs.), he recorded 168 tackles in 12 games. Was District 10 defensive MVP and made 2nd team all state in just two playoff games. If you all have any more (and I KNOW you do lol) list them for me please and thank you...........

[quote name="cat001" post="1395934" timestamp="1366378429"]
Hunter Johnson QB at Tarkington legit 4.5 guy and strong. His favorite target Alex Latham 6'6'' got invited to UT's sophmore day a couple of weeks ago, should be something to watch.
[/quote]Hunter Johnson is a great athlete and football player. He has no help and is on a terrible team. He will get beat up against a good team. Imagine if he was on another team in the area. Like Dayton, Huffman, Cleveland or even my team HD.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1395948" timestamp="1366380891"]
[quote author=cat001 link=topic=111276.msg1395934#msg1395934 date=1366378429]
Hunter Johnson QB at Tarkington legit 4.5 guy and strong. His favorite target Alex Latham 6'6'' got invited to UT's sophmore day a couple of weeks ago, should be something to watch.
[/quote]Hunter Johnson is a great athlete and football player. He has no help and is on a terrible team. He will get beat up against a good team. Imagine if he was on another team in the area. Like Dayton, Huffman, Cleveland or even my team HD.
[/quote]

Really terrible thats not exactly correct you act like they went winless last year they are improving for sure, look for them to turn some heads in 22-3A this year. They would DESTORY HD this year.

[quote name="cat001" post="1395962" timestamp="1366384491"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=111276.msg1395948#msg1395948 date=1366380891]
[/quote]

Really terrible thats not exactly correct you act like they went winless last year they are improving for sure, look for them to turn some heads in 22-3A this year. They would DESTORY HD this year.
[/quote]You must not of watched HD this past season or you wouldnt be saying that!  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="cat001" post="1395962" timestamp="1366384491"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=111276.msg1395948#msg1395948 date=1366380891]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes terrible. Tarkington won 2 games last season, which was a good season for them. lol. 1A Hull-Daisetta whipped 3A Tarkington 41-18 in 2011. In 2010 a 3 win HD team beat 3A Tarkinton 28-6. Tarkington is not serious about football. Tarkington is Lucky they did not have to play and get embarrassed by 1A HD last season. HD was good last season and has just about everybody coming back. HD would crush Tarkington 60-0 this coming season.  :D SMH LOL

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1396053" timestamp="1366398133"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=111276.msg1395950#msg1395950 date=1366381742]
Hull-Daisetta RB/MLB Darrell Lavalais is a stud.
[/quote]

Do any of the HD guys run track? I was at the area track meet today and was just curious.
[/quote] yes all of them run besides edmondson almost but none of the lineman made it to regionals really I THINK!

I thought Tarkington won 3 games last year.  Either way they were much improved and should be even better for the 2013 season.  Players to watch from Hardin are as follows-
Safety-Taylor Thompson
MLB-Zane Drake
WR-Chris Dumas
HB-Ta'Roy Dellahoussaye
OL-Cory Mettlen

My sons goes to Hardin and is friend with many of the HD players.  He reads these posts all the time and he said he is glad that the players don't talk as much crap as HDBobcat55.

2012 Undefeated 11-1A-I District Champion Hull-Daisetta Bobcats:
Returning players to watch for the 2013-14 season:

1. RB/LB: 2012 District MVP: Darrell Lavalais
2. DE/OL: 2012 District Defensive MVP: Ken Lavalais
3. WR/CB/K: 2012 District Special Teams MVP: Dustin Welch
4. WR/FS: Aaron Mosley
5. DT/FB: Chris Herman
6. QB/CB: Austin Edmondson
7. LB/TE: Cade Huckaby
8. DE/OL: Kyle Hopkins
9. DT/OL: Dezman Cook
10. RB/CB: Chase Hill
11. RB/CB: Tyler Redmon
12. LB/FB: Colby Espree

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1397899" timestamp="1366908360"]

[/quote]
'Cat55, it pains me to say it, but, you are probably right THIS time.  The down side of this is that the rest of us have to see you post it each and every day of the season (and a month before and a month after the season - you get the idea, right?). ::) 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1397915" timestamp="1366911277"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=111276.msg1397899#msg1397899 date=1366908360]

[/quote]
'Cat55, it pains me to say it, but, you are probably right THIS time.  The down side of this is that the rest of us have to see you post it each and every day of the season (and a month before and a month after the season - you get the idea, right?). ::) 8)
[/quote]

HD is probably going to have a great year.  I would even make the bold statement that they will probably get past SA/Alto (whoever gets 2nd in that district).  I think HD may even get to play Mart in the 3rd round.  Won't get past that, but a great season nonetheless. We will all let 55 have this time to shine...  but realize.  Almost every kid on that list (most of them transfers) will graduate after next year.  And...being how HD can't afford to keep Finney, he will probably leave too... along with his staff. 

So... then what?  But... all that aside.  We will let HD enjoy this probable great season that's coming.

HD does have a great group of kids and the community and team is excited for what 2013 will bring.  Our focus is on getting better during off-season and through the summer. Hardin is first on the schedule and that is who we will be looking at. One game at a time. I'm not looking ahead to Alto, Mart, or San Augustine, and I'm sure Coach Finney isn't either. If they are looking ahead at all during this time of the year, it's at Iola, Colmesneil, and West Hardin. That's who we have to beat to get to where we want to be. One slaughter at a time, and Hardin happens to be on the menu first....

Good posts men. Coach Finney is not leaving HD any time soon. HD can and will continue to pay him his salary. I'm sure our opponents would love him to leave, wishful thinking. Coach Finney, Superintendent Mrs.Huckaby and Coach Huckaby are all very happy and having a blast. HD is gonna be loaded for years to come, lots of young talent coming up. 

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1397954" timestamp="1366915534"]
HD does have a great group of kids and the community and team is excited for what 2013 will bring.  Our focus is on getting better during off-season and through the summer. Hardin is first on the schedule and that is who we will be looking at. One game at a time. I'm not looking ahead to Alto, Mart, or San Augustine, and I'm sure Coach Finney isn't either. If they are looking ahead at all during this time of the year, it's at Iola, Colmesneil, and West Hardin. That's who we have to beat to get to where we want to be. One slaughter at a time, and Hardin happens to be on the menu first....
[/quote]
And so the drivel begins! ::) 8)

55, I'm certainly not using kids to "say your name".  I am simply relaying the sentiment of one individual who has several friends that play for HD.  He considers all of them class acts and has great respect for all of those guys.  Also, I can assure you that the players you mentioned have no desire to play for HD even though they have an excellent program.  Good luck to all of the HD kids on their upcoming season.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1397972" timestamp="1366917838"]
Good posts men. Coach Finney is not leaving HD any time soon. HD can and will continue to pay him his salary. I'm sure our opponents would love him to leave, wishful thinking. Coach Finney, Superintendent Mrs.Huckaby and Coach Huckaby are all very happy and having a blast. HD is gonna be loaded for years to come, lots of young talent coming up. 
[/quote]

Haha...  I didn't say they couldn't pay his "current" salary.  I said they couldn't afford to keep him.  I'll remember you said he is not leaving any time soon.  Everything is for sale. 

I have no idea what Coach Finney's plans are... I don't even know him.  But I know coaches.  I have to say that I'm a believer after last season.  They accomplished more than I would have ever thought or expected. I think someone with the success that he has could get any job he wanted, and coach at whatever school paid the most for his ability.  If HD has the season everyone is expecting....they better bring their check book.  I've been wrong before, but just wait and see.

Good luck next year HD.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317