Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team

I called the Beaumont Enterprise. I was told that one sportswriter made the determination. The sports writer that I talked to was just as baffled as I was.... I think Elam and Jordan both deserved to make the team. The guy who made the decision was not in so I left him a message. I want to know what his reasoning was.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill tell you how he picked the team.  Because it was his team to pick.  It was his opinion not no one elses team.  Now if you want to put Boshi on the 1st team. Start you a newpaper called the Hardin-Jefferson Chronicle and pick you some players from around the area nd you can name Boshi 1st team.  Thats how Top 100 list are put together.  A group of so called talent guys contact recruiters and compile a list of the top players they have seen or heard about.  But once a players name hit that list everyone wants to take a shot at beating him. 

Better yet we have a young lady here in PA that didnt make all-district or the super gold team.  But guess what.  She has a full ride to Texas A & M Corpus Chrisiti.  So which do you think is better.  Being named to some All Area Super Gold Team or Going to College for FREE...You decide..

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392516" timestamp="1365449396"]
I called the Beaumont Enterprise. I was told that one sportswriter made the determination. The sports writer that I talked to was just as baffled as I was.... I think Elam and Jordan both deserved to make the team. The guy who made the decision was not in so I left him a message. I want to know what his reasoning was.
[/quote] Is it really THAT serious? 

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1392519" timestamp="1365449873"]
Better yet we have a young lady here in PA that didnt make all-district or the super gold team.  But guess what.  She has a full ride to Texas A & M Corpus Chrisiti.  So which do you think is better.  Being named to some All Area Super Gold Team or Going to College for FREE...You decide..
[/quote] And there you have it!!! The man is being direct and honest. Plenty of kids make lists and some don't.  In regards to sports, as long as Bosha or a kids gets a schooly thats fine. And if he/she  doesn't, at least hopefully they  had fun doing what they love to do.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1392523" timestamp="1365450321"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=110906.msg1392516#msg1392516 date=1365449396]
[/quote] Is it really THAT serious?
[/quote] Obviously it is for some people to get caught up in rankings and awards. All that stuff does is put a target on a kid's back.

that's your opinion Blue Dove. A kid should get whatever accolades he deserves and the ones who dont deserve it should not be rewarded period. By the way who is listed as one of the top 100 players in the nation.?I looked at multiple sites and I did NOT see anyone from this area.

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392529" timestamp="1365450747"]
that's your opinion Blue Dove. A kid should get whatever accolades he deserves and the ones who dont deserve it should not be rewarded period. By the way who is listed as one of the top 100 players in the nation.?I looked at multiple sites and I did NOT see anyone from this area.
[/quote]Big Girl,[color=red] I NEVER said anyone from this area was in Top 100[/color]...LOL!!! You People kill me

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392530" timestamp="1365450805"]
Can someone please answer my question about Bosha?
[/quote] I will! The players with 14 points played on a better team and did not have to showcase all his talent and still avg. 14 points on a multi-talented team, which is a great accomplishment.

Listen.... THATS exactly what is wrong with kids today...Too many people are more concerned with individual accolades than actually working on their games AND BOOKS in order to earn a college scholarship...SMH..TRUTH: If he was CLEARLY head and shoulders good enough to be on the Super Gold Team, there would be NO QUESTION...Yes, its a subjective vote by a few guys that may or may not know what they are doing, but once again, if it were crystal clear, he would have definitely been on the list...Stop whining about it, and get HIM IN THE GYM!! WORK!! USE IT AS FUEL! Drops the mic...walks away... 8)

I told Zjori not to worry about it. The bible says that " all things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose" . In the end he will get what he deserves. He will take the good along with the bad, this just makes him stronger and more determined. ;D

This is a bunch of political BS period. By the way Zjori has a 3.2 GPA so he is definitely concentrating on school. You guys are so funny. I am done with this conservation. I guess you guys are just going to continue to attack me because you hate me. but dont take it out on Zjori. Blue Dove the 14 ppg is a bunch of crap and you know it. Have a great day everyone ;D

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392532" timestamp="1365450993"]
OK. I thought that you were implying that your sons were. I am sorry for my mistake. :)
[/quote]My sons? You honestly think I care about lists????? You really don't know me at all. My point in this whole conversation is to enjoy whatever level your kid is doing his best. Its going to be over in a blink. Your nephew made All State. How many kids made All State from 3-A? I'M HAPPY AND VERY PROUD OF HIS ACCOMPLISHMENT. But let me ask you a question Big-O Girl  ;) Would you rather have a high school ALL STATER playing[color=red] no college ball[/color] or one who didn't win "jack" and playing college ball? C'mon you Big-O Girl, should not take too long to answer this one......Big-O Girl  ;)

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392539" timestamp="1365451396"]
This is a bunch of political BS period. By the way Zjori has a 3.2 GPA so he is definitely concentrating on school. You guys are so funny. I am done with this conservation. I guess you guys are just going to continue to attack me because you hate me. but dont take it out on Zjori. Blue Dove the 14 ppg is a bunch of crap and you know it. Have a great day everyone ;D
[/quote] :(

OK Blue Dove I am really going to be done with this conversation after this last comment. I played college ball and Zjori will play college ball as well so I cant answer your question, because I know it will happen for him.  FYI...Zjori is my cousin not my nephew :o

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1392520" timestamp="1365449908"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=110906.msg1392476#msg1392476 date=1365446757]
Special  shout out to those Jags representing!  Maleena Washington , girls MVP and E'Torrian 'Toe Toe' Wileridge, First Team!
[/quote]Its Wilridge...Wilridge....WILRIDGE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  ;D
[/quote]Ohh.  My Bad.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1392555" timestamp="1365453121"]
I must say you HJ people (some, not all) wear those rosy red & blue glasses with a slight hint of tint.  ::)
[/quote]

Not me!!!!

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnhx10Puv9eep36RVoSz0XsyuOY6sMKHBn3TmlMOuAMZrQoYVgog[/img]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder