Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392557" timestamp="1365453210"]
OK Blue Dove I am really going to be done with this conversation after this last comment. I played college ball and Zjori will play college ball as well so I cant answer your question, because I know it will happen for him.  FYI...Zjori is my cousin not my nephew :o
[/quote] If you took a poll, you would find more than you played college ball. And your point? Sorry, I thought he was your nephew. I wish my cousins would take up for me like you do yours  :(

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1392562" timestamp="1365453696"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=110906.msg1392555#msg1392555 date=1365453121]
I must say you HJ people (some, not all) wear those rosy red & blue glasses with a slight hint of tint.  ::)
[/quote]

Not me!!!!

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnhx10Puv9eep36RVoSz0XsyuOY6sMKHBn3TmlMOuAMZrQoYVgog[/img]
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392557" timestamp="1365453210"]
OK Blue Dove I am really going to be done with this conversation after this last comment. [b]I played college ball and Zjori will play college ball as well[/b] so I cant answer your question, because I know it will happen for him.  FYI...Zjori is my cousin not my nephew :o
[/quote]
Since when does one correlate with another? :o...I will say this again...He had better get in the weight room and in the gym and CONTINUE to work on his game. Specifically his handle and his mid range game. He has great tools...He needs to refine them and gain some strength. ;)

SIGNED,
Someone that truly knows

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1392570" timestamp="1365455255"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=110906.msg1392557#msg1392557 date=1365453210]
OK Blue Dove I am really going to be done with this conversation after this last comment. [b]I played college ball and Zjori will play college ball as well[/b] so I cant answer your question, because I know it will happen for him.  FYI...Zjori is my cousin not my nephew :o
[/quote]
Since when does one correlate with another? :o...I will say this again...He had better get in the weight room and in the gym and CONTINUE to work on his game. Specifically his handle and his mid range game. He has great tools...He needs to refine them and gain some strength. ;)

SIGNED,
Someone that truly knows
[/quote] But she played college ball, don't forget!!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1392570" timestamp="1365455255"]
[/quote]

SIGNED,
Someone that truly knows
[/quote]

There is nothing you have stated here that Mr. Bosha doesn't already "truly know".

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1392579" timestamp="1365457362"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110906.msg1392570#msg1392570 date=1365455255]
[/quote]

SIGNED,
Someone that truly knows
[/quote]

There is nothing you have stated here that Mr. Bosha doesn't already "truly know".
[/quote]
That was for his cousin...The coaching staff at HJ, I am sure, is on top of that....

Dick you keep talking about his mid range jumper. When is the last time you saw him play? I watched him play in an AAU game yesterday and his mid range jumper was great. Again I played college ball, we had our own cafeteria (the athletes) and they fed us certain foods to help those who needed to gain weight attain their goals. Blue Dove you need to worry about your kids, not Zjori. Zjori will be okay.....

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392582" timestamp="1365459281"]
Dick you keep talking about his mid range jumper. When is the last time you saw him play? I watched him play in an AAU game yesterday and his mid range jumper was great. Again I played college ball, we had our own cafeteria (the athletes) and they fed us certain foods to help those who needed to gain weight attain their goals. Blue Dove you need to worry about your kids, not Zjori. Zjori will be okay.....
[/quote] ??? What did I say? I didn't say anything about Zjori.

I'm just saying Zjori will be fine. Its not the end of  basketball career because someone didn't make All District, All State, Gold Team, Top 100's, or McDonald All American. Keep grinding in the gym. Thats what players have control over and will help dictate their future  in this game.

Big O Girl is missing the point...My son plays AAU with Boshi.  He is a good player. But remember all of these kids need to work on something.  Remember it doesnt matter if its D1, D2, D3 or NAIA, so as long as my son goes to college to get his degree.  I tell him all the time that this is just a chapter in his life.  Enjoy It and get ready for the next one.  Boshi controls that next chapter, not you Big O Girl. 

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392584" timestamp="1365459413"]
and his handles were fine. I think you are making up stuff. Are you sure that you are a coach? What level do you coach? Division III. Zjori's game is NOT perfect but your assessment of his skills is wrong. My goodness.  ;)
[/quote]
Ignorance is definitely bliss, but I hope its not hereditary... ::) ::)...First off, It should not matter what level that I coach on, but the question should be "does your school offer scholarships, along with a plan to obtain a college degree"...I NEVER said something was WRONG with his handle or his mid range game, I know that at his size, if he MASTERS these skills, in addition to learning to become a defensive stopper that can guard the 1-4 positions, he will be a force to be reckoned with next season.  I have always said that I liked his game. Having done this for as long as I have, I have the ability to recognize if a kid has potential or not and Bosha does have the frame and skill level to be a really good college player...Once again, if family members such as yourself would stop campaigning for him to make some dumb "Super Gold" team in a newspaper read by less than 5,000 people and encourage him to continue to work on his game and in the classroom in order to prepare for the next level, the rewards will be much greater than small town newspaper recognition.  My goodness.... ::) ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1392595" timestamp="1365464525"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=110906.msg1392584#msg1392584 date=1365459413]
and his handles were fine. I think you are making up stuff. Are you sure that you are a coach? What level do you coach? Division III. Zjori's game is NOT perfect but your assessment of his skills is wrong. My goodness.  ;)
[/quote]
Ignorance is definitely bliss, but I hope its not hereditary... ::) ::)...First off, It should not matter what level that I coach on, but the question should be "does your school offer scholarships, along with a plan to obtain a college degree"...I NEVER said something was WRONG with his handle or his mid range game, I know that at his size, if he MASTERS these skills, in addition to learning to become a defensive stopper that can guard the 1-4 positions, he will be a force to be reckoned with next season.  I have always said that I liked his game. Having done this for as long as I have, I have the ability to recognize if a kid has potential or not and Bosha does have the frame and skill level to be a really good college player...Once again, if family members such as yourself would stop campaigning for him to make some dumb "Super Gold" team in a [b]newspaper read by less than 5,000 people[/b] and encourage him to continue to work on his game and in the classroom in order to prepare for the next level, the rewards will be much greater than small town newspaper recognition.  My goodness.... ::) ::)
[/quote]

DV, stick with the basketball knowledge. That statement about the BE being read by less than 5,000 is comical at best.

If you only knew how many papers those guys sell daily. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1392600" timestamp="1365466523"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110906.msg1392595#msg1392595 date=1365464525]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=110906.msg1392584#msg1392584 date=1365459413]
[/quote]
Ignorance is definitely bliss, but I hope its not hereditary... ::) ::)...First off, It should not matter what level that I coach on, but the question should be "does your school offer scholarships, along with a plan to obtain a college degree"...I NEVER said something was WRONG with his handle or his mid range game, I know that at his size, if he MASTERS these skills, in addition to learning to become a defensive stopper that can guard the 1-4 positions, he will be a force to be reckoned with next season.  I have always said that I liked his game. Having done this for as long as I have, I have the ability to recognize if a kid has potential or not and Bosha does have the frame and skill level to be a really good college player...Once again, if family members such as yourself would stop campaigning for him to make some dumb "Super Gold" team in a [b]newspaper read by less than 5,000 people[/b] and encourage him to continue to work on his game and in the classroom in order to prepare for the next level, the rewards will be much greater than small town newspaper recognition.  My goodness.... ::) ::)
[/quote]

DV, stick with the basketball knowledge. That statement about the BE being read by less than 5,000 is comical at best.

If you only knew how many papers those guys sell daily. ;)
[/quote]
That number was SUPPOSED to be comical!  8)...I wasn't giving approximate numbers, merely making a point about a small town paper compared to a metropolis such as the one the Houston Chronicle delivers to! ;)

Whatever Dick (no pun intended). You dont know everything about basketball and apparently you have not watched enough of his games to know what he needs to work on. I had a long talk with  his AAU coach after the game yesterday. He told me what Zjori needed to work on. He didnt mention any of the things that you mentioned. I think he knows more than you do about Mr Bosha.... ;)  ( Dont worry about me and mine) Zjori is not your concern period.. HIs coaches from HJ also know more about him then you do........

[quote name="Big girl" post="1392615" timestamp="1365470198"]
Whatever Dick (no pun intended). You dont know everything about basketball and apparently you have not watched enough of his games to know what he needs to work on. I had a long talk with  his AAU coach after the game yesterday. He told me what Zjori needed to work on. He didnt mention any of the things that you mentioned. I think he knows more than you do about Mr Bosha.... ;)  ( Dont worry about me and mine) Zjori is not your concern period.. HIs coaches from HJ also know more about him then you do........
[/quote]
Oh of course....The AAU coach that works at the refinery all day is probably better qualified to evaluate basketball talent than me...I just do this for a LIVING....Of course... ::) ::) ::)...wow.... :o....good luck to you and yours.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1392621" timestamp="1365470556"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=110906.msg1392615#msg1392615 date=1365470198]
[/quote]
Oh of course....The AAU coach that works at the refinery all day is probably better qualified to evaluate basketball talent than me...I just do this for a LIVING....Of course... ::) ::) ::)...wow.... :o....good luck to you and yours.
[/quote]gotta watch those AAU coaches  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1392623" timestamp="1365471310"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110906.msg1392621#msg1392621 date=1365470556]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=110906.msg1392615#msg1392615 date=1365470198]
[/quote]
[/quote]gotta watch those AAU coaches  ;)
[/quote] You need to attend the older team practices with the Houston Hoops, Defenders, Texas Pro and other shoe sponsored teams. They have high school coaches, former NBA players and college players and coaches.

[quote name="team first" post="1392424" timestamp="1365437938"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110906.msg1392394#msg1392394 date=1365432824]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=110906.msg1392372#msg1392372 date=1365426734]
Congratulations to all that made the team, but in the grand scheme of things, I would prefer to make an All-State team when compared to a local super goal team. :D
[/quote] Or, in the grand scheme of things, making the country's Top 100 list better than making All -State in some circles.  Just depends where one stands.  ;)
[/quote]
Or, in the grand scheme of things, making the country's Top 100 list at a height of 6 foot or taller is better than making it at a height of 6 foot or less
[/quote] I hope you're watching the "small" guards on Michigan and Louisville teams  6'0 and under. Watch and learn  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83