After 2 tournaments.......

[quote name="BH10" post="1382310" timestamp="1362365060"]
Barbers Hill has won their first two tournaments this year and still have room for improvements. Great bunch of kids that never give up.
[/quote]

If I had to pick the top 2 teams in the area right now, I would go with Nederland and BH.  Both are playing very good baseball.  There is still a long way to go though.

well i guess that is it our coach said all tournament team but i guess it was awarded with MVP recognition??? Austin Marshall and Ethan Franklin received it as well but just wanted to know if they had a list out...I figured Aaron Edelmon and Dylan Duplant had made it.

I think Nederland has surprised a lot of people.Wins over Kelly,Santa Fe,Brazoswood,Angleton,Foster.Morton Ranch,Friendswood and Clear Lake.I do not think anyone has played a tougher schedule than Nederland.Also a tie 1-1 to Jersey Village and a beat down by Pearland. This team can pitch and hit very well.Both were big ? marks about this team.They have proven that they can play the low scoring game and the slug-fest.I am very pleased what I have seen from the Dogs after the first two tournaments! 

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1382479" timestamp="1362421459"]
I think Nederland has surprised a lot of people.Wins over Kelly,Santa Fe,Brazoswood,Angleton,Foster.Morton Ranch,Friendswood and Clear Lake.I do not think anyone has played a tougher schedule than Nederland.Also a tie 1-1 to Jersey Village and a beat down by Pearland. This team can pitch and hit very well.Both were big ? marks about this team.They have proven that they can play the low scoring game and the slug-fest.I am very pleased what I have seen from the Dogs after the first two tournaments!
[/quote]
I believe that the senior leadership is very evident on this team. This will go a long ways toward winning district.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1382379" timestamp="1362407833"]
HJ won the Lumberton and Woodville tournaments. 8-0 right now. Still a long way to go but best HJ team in at least 4 or 5 years.
[/quote]How can you say HJ won the Lumberton tournament?  All the teams didn't play the same amount of games due to rainouts.  There were other teams in the tournament without a loss.

[quote name="Butterbean" post="1382537" timestamp="1362431099"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=109979.msg1382379#msg1382379 date=1362407833]
HJ won the Lumberton and Woodville tournaments. 8-0 right now. Still a long way to go but best HJ team in at least 4 or 5 years.
[/quote]How can you say HJ won the Lumberton tournament?  All the teams didn't play the same amount of games due to rainouts.  There were other teams in the tournament without a loss.
[/quote]
This is true. Nobody "won" the Lumberton tourney

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1382479" timestamp="1362421459"]
[/quote]

Agreed. IMO Ned is top dog in 20-4A as it stands one week away from the district opener. LCM was up and down during their tournament this past weekend and failed to really show they've got it all together yet. PNG looks like they are still pulling loose strings together but I'm certain they will do so within the next week. Vidor seems to have somewhat rebounded from a very shaky start by going 3-1 last week. Lumberton was probably the most inconsistent team this past week but did show their ability to keep games close against good teams in the LCM tourney. Next Tuesday night will be interesting!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder