NorthoftheBorder
Members-
Posts
3,331 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by NorthoftheBorder
-
[quote name="UNLV" post="836862" timestamp="1283441731"] La Tech gets a home and home football with BYU in 11 and 12. Lamar could be doing the samet-err, no, that would be thinking too big. SETX and Lamar couldn't measure up to Ruston, La. We should stay FCS for 5-10 years until everything is perfect. ::) [/quote] BYU coming into play LU in PU Stadium expanded to 30k is a no brainer. It would be filled and be the biggest sporting event ever in the history of Beaumont.
-
Taylor Trahan kicker for Nederland?
NorthoftheBorder replied to Michele's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
All I can say is I saw the young man kick in one game last year and he has a very strong leg. If the other young man is better then that is great and I'm sure Lamar's coaches wish him well. I just hope he really did get a fair chance. The kicker spot is always tough and you see a lot of player movement on professional teams. Look how much Matt Bryant has moved around. Lamar is going to miss a few locals they could and should have got and there are other local kids that they will want badly who choose to go elsewhere. I hope that the majority of the time they make the right decisions onlocal players and put a winning and entertaining product on the field. I think everyone else feels the same about that. -
2010 Football Info Guide Online
NorthoftheBorder replied to coachacola's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Really nice!!!!! -
FEARLESS PREDICTIONS
NorthoftheBorder replied to PURPLE 4EVER's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Last week was your worst week ever. It's early, but with your track record this year I like you picking against the Raiders. -
Taylor Trahan kicker for Nederland?
NorthoftheBorder replied to Michele's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Who is the special teams coach. He needs to rethink this. He should have tried him out during the fall practices against the other kickers. -
Mid-Majority Legacy Programs - Lamar
NorthoftheBorder replied to TexasTerror's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
In 10 years this will change radically. LU will either move up significantly or be a FBS school by then. -
[quote name="coachacola" post="836312" timestamp="1283351428"] [quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=71617.msg830689#msg830689 date=1282763741] I remember that I either read or heard that it was going to be the 3rd largest college scoreboard in Texas. Does anyone else remember that? [/quote] I think UT, A&M, SMU and UNT's new stadium will have larger scoreboards, but Lamar's is still very impressive: [img][Hidden Content]] [/quote] Was this picture taken yesterday afternoon? I was there yesterday when the band was practicing but got run out of the stadium by a worker. It is pretty impressive to say the least. I really want to see the inside of the athletic facility. Will they give any tours to the public? There is still some work to be done such as signage, perimeter fencing landscaping and cleanup and it looks like a lot of interior work on the suites are left. Can't wait to see the Cards play a game before a packed house. LU fans and Alumni will be real proud of this stadium. Coachacola, have you seen any renderings of the stadium with the projected expansion to 28k?
-
[Hidden Content] Check out the Enterprise blog. I think Cody will really surprise poeple. He has great vision and balance and his game speed will catch you off guard. As for Ben Wells, I don't want to think about how good our defense would have been with him.
-
If Houston goes, then expect another big ripple affect.
-
[quote name="joerose" post="836032" timestamp="1283302173"] I WENT IT WAS GREAT TIDWELL AND STAFF DID AGREAT JOB ABOUT 500 PEOPLE. EACH COACH TALKED ABOUT THERE POSITION AND DR. SIMMONS TOLD OF THE PROCESSTO BRING BACK FOOTBALL. JAMES WARE DID GOOD JOB MC.HAD VIDEO OF ALL CURRENT PLAYERS AND WHERE THEY WERE FROM. ALSO OLD PICTURES OF PLAYERS BACK TO THE 50S. THE AUCTION BROUGHT IN 35,000.00 AND IM SURE TABLE BROUGHT IN ANOTHER30-40. IT WAS TRULY AGREAT NIGHT TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CARDINAL NATION GRAT JOB LARRY TIDWELL... [/quote] I definately hate that I missed hearing Dr. Simmons talk and all the nostalgia. Will have to make it next year.
-
Didn't get to go but I have not heard or seen anything about it on here or anywhere else. Can anyone speak about it who went?
-
Wow! What a class guy! No need to say much else. He has pretty well spoken for himself. The venom and spitefullness will eventually eat him up like cancer.
-
[quote name="TexasTerror" post="835586" timestamp="1283260547"] [quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=72250.msg835417#msg835417 date=1283222369] I remember that there was post on here earlier this year before the big confernce shakeup where some pundit was looking at, i think the Sun Belt and was projecting Lamar to move in it. The article I think said that a minimum enrollment figure for the conference was 16k. Looks like LU is well on its way. This is really good news for LU and for Beaumont to see stong growth.[/quote] The conference does not have a minimum enrollment figure! If it does, ULM needs to go! They have under 9,000 students. UALR needs to be shown the door as well as Denver and Arkansas State... [/quote] Maybe it was CUSA! I don't remember the conference but I do remember the article. UNLV would probably know.
-
Texas AP HS Football Poll 5A
NorthoftheBorder replied to 82 5A State Champs's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
I'm a bit surprised that Westlake stayed in the top ten even though they were beat by the No 1 4-A team. -
I remember that there was post on here earlier this year before the big confernce shakeup where some pundit was looking at, i think the Sun Belt and was projecting Lamar to move in it. The article I think said that a minimum enrollment figure for the conference was 16k. Looks like LU is well on its way. This is really good news for LU and for Beaumont to see stong growth.
-
West Brook moves to No. 7 in state poll
NorthoftheBorder replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Scooter's posts sure have a familiar ring to them. Could he be PATITAN in disguise? -
Saturday Headlines 9/4/10
NorthoftheBorder replied to BMTSoulja1's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
[quote name="The GOAT" post="835192" timestamp="1283204546"] Titans win 35-7, now one win away from their first ever Beaumont Bowl Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D [/quote] You Beaumont guys better hope this don't happen. It will be mighty unbearable on this board for a while. -
[quote name="jordibug15" post="834973" timestamp="1283184367"] What do u think? Will they make it or not? [/quote] How about taking it one game at a time and letting the season play out! That would probably be the best route and I'm sure that is how coach Credeur is approaching it.
-
Jasper at Lumberton/LUMBERTON WINS 56-35!!!!!
NorthoftheBorder replied to WOSgrad's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
I don't remember Lumberton scrimmaging Kibblyville in the recent past. When was that? I think you guys need to worry about playing Jasper who is on your schedule for later this year. -
4A Lake Travis beats 5A Westlake
NorthoftheBorder replied to fwstangs's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Lake Travis is the best high school football team in Texas that money can buy! -
Raiders prevail by 10+
-
Vidor vs. BC Predictions?
NorthoftheBorder replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
I'm saying Vidor by 2 td's. -
Now that was good!
-
[quote name="1989NDN" post="833815" timestamp="1283042708"] PN-G needs to tighten up the secondary ... the district race will be a kicking & scratching messy fight ... based on 1-week of games, LC-M and Lumberton will be better, Vidor can apparently move the football, Central will be tough despite the spanking that PAM handed them, Nederland will be in the middle of things fighting and competing, and I think a sleeper might be Ozen because they don't leave the city limits of Beaumont to play a game for 5 or 6 weeks. I have no idea what Livingston brings to the table, but 2 or 3 seasons ago they were taking names and handling out butt whip'ins. Here's to PN-G getting better each week, playing hard, and being in the mix for another district championship. Go Indians. Peace. [/quote] I agree. This could be a wild district race this year. The teams may be more evenly matched than most prognosticators thought. Could be some teams in the playoffs that surprise some folks. Each week could be a wild ride in the District race.
-
[quote name="Green Menace" post="832820" timestamp="1282969411"] [quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=72114.msg831776#msg831776 date=1282919757] I saw on BigRedInsider.com that there may be a Jet flyover for the 1st game. Now that will be awesome if Jimmy Simmons can pull that off. [/quote] [img][Hidden Content]] [/quote] Now that would be what it would look like if you flew over the stadium Green Menace! Pretty cute!