Jump to content

82 5A State Champs

Members
  • Posts

    5,176
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 82 5A State Champs

  1. Just so some of you know, if memory serves me correctly, one of the last times WOS, and WB played, would have been at Cardinal Stadium, on a Saturday in September, somewhere around 1991, or 1992. I remember because WOS was ranked #1, in 4A, and the Bruins were unranked. WB went on to win the game 41-10, and knocked the Mustangs from the #1 spot. I believe this was the last time the two teams met. Subsequently, WB went on to finish that season 10-0, and was ranked #4 in 5A at the end of the season. Moral of the story. I seriously don't think WB, or WOS, would benefit from playing each other.
  2. West Brook has an enrollment of 2495, and is one of the smaller schools in 12-6A. The Bruins routinely compete against schools with an enrollment of 4000 students, and higher. Is that necessarily fair? No. But, that's the way the UIL chooses to make it, and if we want to play, we have to play by their rules. Deal with it.
  3. Nice. Keep it up, Bruins.
  4. Maybe St. Thomas is better than we expected?
  5. Ok, so I've only seen one WB game. It was against Ozen, and Brook didn't impress me in the first half, at all. But, did play better in the second half. My question is, is West Brook better that we think, or are they just playing garbage teams? Surely, they won't score like this, against the Woodlands, or Lufkin?
  6. 5 minutes left in the half, WB 14, King 7.
  7. It's a Thursday night, bro! I gotta work, tomorrow,and I've got my kiddo, tonight! Lol! I'd be there!
  8. Dang, Thursday night games! Lol
  9. Do we have a score update, yet?
  10. Yeah, but once district starts, WB would be lucky if they went .500.
  11. Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc......
  12. Dang, that's a lot of time left. Jas with the ball at the Bruin 10? Uh oh!
  13. Sounds like the PK is a little suspect, for the Bruins? They can't buy an extra point. Those are gimme points. Hell, I think I could even kick an extra point.
  14. Ok, Soulja.....the streak continues!
  15. I see some positive posts, here, and I like that. I'm still on the fence about it. I would certainly love to see WB become relevant again, in 21-5A. Alot of things will have to change for that to happen. At this point, I'd probably be happy with 7-3, and a playoff appearance. But if the Bruins produce another sub-500 season record, I'd look for some changes at Brook. With the exception of Al Rabb, no other WB coach has survived after 2 losing seasons in a row. Hopefully, things will turn around. I'm praying they do.
  16. Dang, did someone cut up an onion? :'(
×
×
  • Create New...