Chronicle: Will any 3A team challenge Yates?

Kountzer

" Will any 3A team challenge Yates? If Yates plays its best, the answer probably is no. If the No. 1-ranked Lions have even an average night, however, they could exit the playoffs early. Region III features more than a handful of ranked teams, including No. 8 Silsbee and No. 9 Navasota. Led by Silsbee, District 21 could prove to be a handful. No. 15-ranked Hardin-Jefferson lurks in the second round. No. 14 West Orange-Stark is on the top half of the bracket."

They're mostly talking about Region III.  Beyond that is a different story.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1376600" timestamp="1361378996"]
No. Next question.... ::) ::)...Are you guys serious? :o...We all knew that Yates would rip through region 3-3A when they announced the re-alignment...Don't act surprised now! 8)
[/quote]
I'm so gonna enjoy calling you out on everything you said about Yates when they lose. I really am Dickie.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1377456" timestamp="1361492345"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109588.msg1376600#msg1376600 date=1361378996]
No. Next question.... ::) ::)...Are you guys serious? :o...We all knew that Yates would rip through region 3-3A when they announced the re-alignment...Don't act surprised now! 8)
[/quote]
I'm so gonna enjoy calling you out on everything you said about Yates when they lose. I really am Dickie.
[/quote]
What was that? Crickets? I thought so....It was a 30 point nailbiter, right? ::) ::)..I am not new to this! This is what I do....This is how I EAT! ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1377638" timestamp="1361504781"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=109588.msg1377456#msg1377456 date=1361492345]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109588.msg1376600#msg1376600 date=1361378996]
[/quote]
[/quote]
What was that? Crickets? I thought so....It was a 30 point nailbiter, right? ::) ::)..I am not new to this! This is what I do....This is how I EAT! ;)
[/quote]
Did I say anything about them losing to HJ??  ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1378030" timestamp="1361564322"]
[quote author=BlueOwl link=topic=109588.msg1377694#msg1377694 date=1361509047]
It will be a tough game for Silsbee but I think they can pull off a upset! They just need to play Tiger basketball for all 4 quarters!
[/quote]Just curious BlueOwl (hmmm Blue?) Have you ever seen Yates play?
[/quote]

They need to play TEAM basketball, not TIGER basketball........

I've seen both Yates and Silsbee play numerous times this year and truth be told the only thing that concerns me is Silsbee's inability to box out and rebound. HJ ate our lunch on the boards and given the fact that Yates has the size and the prowess to put back offensive rebounds is a legitimate obstacle. Should the Tigers make a concerted effort to "group" rebound the foul situation may come into play as well which may further impact the Tigers as the bench is not deep enough talent wise to make up any ground should they fall behind. That being said, I truly feel that those young men are going to mentally revisit last year's ending and dig down deep to "Go Get It!" I know for sure that Coach Sigler has scouted Yates throughout this season so that part of the equation shouldn't be a concern at all, players have to play and coaches have to coach as every team left is by no means a easy win.......

[quote name="ST413" post="1378056" timestamp="1361566620"]
Exactly we must play our best all around te game all year and even that may not be enough.  If things don't go our way and we get down on each other it will get ugly real fast.  Just out if curiosity, how many players did Yates use during that first half?
[/quote]

I believe 8-9

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine