High School Recruiting

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1365667" timestamp="1358867155"]
Kelly plays The Village tonight so I will get to see the kid play in person.  We play them every year but last year I mainly watched the Cleare kid. [b] All I remember about this young man is that he is extremely quick[/b].
[/quote]

That's an understatement. As quick as Silsbee is, they had no answer for Taylor. He basically beat Silsbee by himself. Hands down the best guard I have seen all year. Very impressed.

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1365667" timestamp="1358867155"]
Kelly plays The Village tonight so I will get to see the kid play in person.  We play them every year but last year I mainly watched the Cleare kid.  All I remember about this young man is that he is extremely quick.
[/quote] I've seen this kid play a few times during the summer. Very aggressive point guard and yes, very quick and will take it to the rack.

The story I heard on this kid (not sure if true) is that he moved from California to Texas to get more exposure. I do know he wasn't getting a lot of major interest his senior year and all of a sudden UT offers. The kid wasn't even in the ESPN Top 100. Goes to show dreams do come true to the underdog. Keep grinding!!!

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1365680" timestamp="1358869364"]
You would think with all the attention Cleare has gotten over the past couple of years that someone would have noticed Taylor as well.  I mean one of the big schools.
[/quote] I think  ( could be wrong) Taylor came to the Village as a junior. I want to say this past summer was his first summer playing on the Nike circuit.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1365696" timestamp="1358871773"]
Thus the reason for the demise of the UT hoops program...The BEST players in Texas have signed with Kentucky, and the University of Texas has once again settled...The guy can play, but Texas could find better IMO.
[/quote]It sure looks that way, Coach.

Well maybe Texas gets Frazier from Kimball and Randle from Prestonwood to sign along with Taylor.  Frazier visited this past week and Randle in coming in a couple of weeks.  It's a big maybe, but I would be thrilled with that class.  If they get those three along with everyone coming back they could be really good next year.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1365772" timestamp="1358887473"]
Randle and Frazier would be EXCELLENT catches for them...I heard Frazier will have some issues qualifying, but if they get those two, they could be JOB SAVERS in Austin!  ;)
[/quote]Dickie, you mean to say he has not qualified yet????

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1365812" timestamp="1358891626"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108490.msg1365772#msg1365772 date=1358887473]
Randle and Frazier would be EXCELLENT catches for them...I heard Frazier will have some issues qualifying, but if they get those two, they could be JOB SAVERS in Austin!  ;)
[/quote]
Not yet for Division I, I hear...Division II, he may be close, but he may be talked into the JUCO route if he doesn't make it...I got this from one of their coaches on staff.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1365820" timestamp="1358892053"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108490.msg1365812#msg1365812 date=1358891626]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108490.msg1365772#msg1365772 date=1358887473]
[/quote]
Not yet for Division I, I hear...Division II, he may be close, but he may be talked into the JUCO route if he doesn't make it...I got this from one of their coaches on staff.
[/quote]If he doesn't qualify- I bet his agent sends him to a prep school on the east coast for one year.

After watching Taylor play last night, I have to agree with Dickie, he is a good solid player but not an elite type talent.  For Texas to compete at a high level, they need to get higher level players.  Texas problem is if they get Frazier and/or Randle, but Kabongo(sp?) goes pro, Felix is running the point again with Taylor as the back up.  Feliz isn't an elite level player either.  To make it all work they need an elite level point guard.

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1366128" timestamp="1358961822"]
After watching Taylor play last night, I have to agree with Dickie, he is a good solid player but not an elite type talent.  For Texas to compete at a high level, they need to get higher level players.  Texas problem is if they get Frazier and/or Randle, but Kabongo(sp?) goes pro, Felix is running the point again with Taylor as the back up.  Feliz isn't an elite level player either.  To make it all work they need an elite level point guard.
[/quote] When you break down your 2013 recruiting class for point guards (in Texas), you may see the answer. ;)

WOW! I looked at the 2013 class just for Houston. As populated  as Houston is,  the pickings are slim for pg's as far as the major D1's. Taylor was the next best in his class and position after the Harrison twins.

So, for the next few years, we might see kids getting major D1 offers (like Taylor) who in a normal good recruiting year would not get them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83