Re:Ozen vs PNG

chocky

PNG players did not come to play at all.They were just going through the motions 50 percent of Ozens score was giving to them by turn overs, No all out press or anything of that nature by the Ozen team.I guess entering into the game 0 and 7 in district is  not a motivator.

Yeah that would be pathetic and uncalled for. Dont understand your point there considering I dont have a dog in the fight. You have to have the gas pedal floored from start to finish if your going to beat a team 104-9. Work on your press and do whatever you feel needs to be done but at some point its time to turn off the press and get some other girls in to get some work in, but you dont embaress a coach and a group of girls like that.

Did you not read my last post? There is nothing wrong with doing your regular press and offenses, scoring in transition so on and so forth but at some point especially when your up 70+ opposed to single digits it's time to have a little mercy on a struggling team. I know Coach Downs and I really like her but like I said earlier I have no dog in this fight but in my opinion 104-9 is over the top and completely unneccesary. If your Bobcats got absolutely strummed like that you would be on here throwing a fit and if you say otherwise you are liar.

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1364120" timestamp="1358355198"]
Did you not read my last post? There is nothing wrong with doing your regular press and offenses, scoring in transition so on and so forth but at some point especially when your up 70+ opposed to single digits it's time to have a little mercy on a struggling team. I know Coach Downs and I really like her but like I said earlier I have no dog in this fight but in my opinion 104-9 is over the top and completely unneccesary. If your Bobcats got [b]absolutely strummed like that you would be on here throwing a fit and if you say otherwise you are liar.[/b]
[/quote]

Well, then you can think I'm a liar. The girls this year have got their butts kicked a few times and in past years when I really followed their games.  When my sister was a sophomore we got killed by a team in Houston by 50+ - that was when KK Little was a senior - I didn't and still don't have a problem with it. 

Do you work?  Do you work hard at your job?  If so, you pay taxes - do you think it's fair since you work hard your tax dollars should go to people who don't work? 

They might be embarassed today, but in a week no one is going to even remember this game. They'll live.   

Getting beat by 95 and 50 is quite different sir or mam. Yes I work,  I own a business and were here working hard everyday. This is a sports forum not a political forum and my opinions on what's going on tax wise and with the way our country is being ran would definetly be frowned upon on a public forum  ;D. When I was playing at Hamshire as a senior we got beat by Silsbee 106-29 and I have never forgotten it and im still embaressed by it. So no, stuff like that sticks with ya, I promise.

Man I always hate this conversation. I wish i was at this game instead of the boys game. Yeah this was a lop sidded victory but Ive never understood why teams get frowned upon after a big win. Its not their fault that they are better than the other team. And before you ask I have been on teams from both sides of the spectrum. I was once on a basketball team that was beat by 87 points and then turned aroud the next week and won by 72. that 87 point loss was embarrising but it also lit a fire under us and we begain to work harder. Lady panthers congrats on a big win if you can do it again do it. there is no colum for a moral victory in the record book.

There is also not a column for defeating a hugely inferior team by 95 points smh. No way im going to congratulate a team for doing that. It's easy to put second stringers in to get some playing time and turn this press off late in the game. It's called class

if you go to the TABC website strool down to teams (girls Basketball)an look at some of the scores that are ranked in the top 5 you will see similar scores.My thing is i have seen PNG play and could see they did not come to play.The refs almost stop reffing the game.Every one on Ozen bench played more in this game than any other.PNG basically gave Ozen the ball on each trip.

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1364148" timestamp="1358362081"]
There is also not a column for defeating a hugely inferior team by 95 points smh. No way im going to congratulate a team for doing that. It's easy to put second stringers in to get some playing time and turn this press off late in the game. It's called class
[/quote]

I'd be willing to bet Ozen's JV is better than PNG's varsity.

[quote author=DJANGO link=topic=108273.msg1364143#msg1364143 date=1358360934]
Man I always hate this conversation. I wish i was at this game instead of the boys game. Yeah this was a lop sidded victory but Ive never understood why teams get frowned upon after a big win. Its not their fault that they are better than the other team. And before you ask I have been on teams from both sides of the spectrum.[b] I was once on a basketball team that was beat by 87 points and then turned aroud the next week and won by 72. that 87 point loss was embarrising but it also lit a fire under us and we begain to work harder. [/b] Lady panthers congrats on a big win if you can do it again do it. there is no colum for a moral victory in the record book.
[/quote]

I played for Orangefield - we got our butts kicked a lot except for my senior year (2005) - We finally went to the playoffs my senior after 50 years of not going, so maybe it helped.  8)

[quote name="DJANGO" post="1364149" timestamp="1358362274"]
How do you know coach brown and her staf didnt put in the secon or third string. Those girls are trying to get to austin and it will take everyone on the bench. it not fair for the subs to get in and play pitty ball either.
[/quote]

So did Ozen take the press off in the second half? And if so did they slow things down and just play a half court game milking the clock some. I ask this because this would be a good time to practice this. Every team needs to learn how to slow the game down and milk the clock some. It will be needed come playoff time if they plan to make it to Austin as stated above.

Now if PNG just gave up, then so be it. Should never just give up. I know a few of those girls and I know they have never given up before, but I wasn't there so??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder