**PA MEMORIAL vs. HCYA Broadcast**/HCYA wins 44-27

In the championship game of the Gold Bracket in the Nederland Bulldog Classic, the Port Arthur memorial Titans will face the HCYA Warriors tonight at 7:30pm.

Our broadcast will start 5 minutes prior to tip off which is scheduled for 7:30pm.

(game times will be approximate due to prior games)

Click the link provided to hear all the action LIVE!!!

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Basketball/SETX/setx1.htm

PA MEMORIAL vs. HCYA, LIVE here at SETXsports.com!!

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
He's a good player and but a go to idk...the games ive seen him play when the defense is in him he forces alot of shots...which is why im saying the should play inside out...not outside in...they dont feature their big man enough...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1352407" timestamp="1355055604"]
Actually, that's ol' school.  There was an old NBA sure who's nick name was the Microwave.  Before your time, young gun.  ;D  ;)
[/quote] Vinnie Johnson from Baylor U. Played with Pistons in NBA, The Microwave or instant offense for you youngn's

Not sure if coaches teach (1)inside/ out game or maybe the kids don't capture the concept (2) not many high school bigs have a good inside game (footwork, athleticism, shot selection, etc.) But a true inside & out game could open up more opportunities. NBA is good with this[color=red] but kids today more interested in who had the best dunks.[/color].

Random Thought: Most kids played in tourneys this weekend. I wonder how many kids went to the gym this morning or going for a workout today to get better, hmmm?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1352453" timestamp="1355068620"]
Not sure if coaches teach (1)inside/ out game or maybe the kids don't capture the concept (2) not many high school bigs have a good inside game (footwork, athleticism, shot selection, etc.) But a true inside & out game could open up more opportunities. NBA is good with this[color=red] but kids today more interested in who had the best dunks.[/color].

Random Thought: Most kids played in tourneys this weekend. I wonder how many kids went to the gym this morning or going for a workout today to get better, hmmm?
[/quote]

i agree, u get what u give to the game

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1352448" timestamp="1355067751"]
He's a good player and but a go to idk...the games ive seen him play when the defense is in him he forces alot of shots...which is why im saying the should play inside out...not outside in...they dont feature their big man enough...
[/quote] PAM, big man was passive both times I've seen him play.

You're not gonna win many scoring 27 points a game.Just curious how a school the size of Memorial with that collection of athletes can only score 27 points. I've seen the successful small school systems put up big numbers in this area but our bigger schools seem to struggle putting points on the board.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1352497" timestamp="1355074431"]
You're not gonna win many scoring 27 points a game.Just curious how a school the size of Memorial with that collection of athletes can only score 27 points. I've seen the successful small school systems put up big numbers in this area but our bigger schools seem to struggle putting points on the board.
[/quote] Good question -

You can't say it's coaching because leave it to some, Coach  Williams is one of the best.  You Can't say it's talent because Lott and Chatman is arguably the area's best tandem.  You have to say it's the competition  HCYA is a good team.  Why do you think the Duke and the Texas coaches were there?  Because they have one of the best prospecting the country.  Also, remember.  This Was the championship of the tourney, so obviously, Memorial was scoring enough points up until that point.  Also, remember, no one else was able to beat  this HCYA team.  I'm really interested to see how the area's small school do vs. the likes of HCYA or The Villiage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83