**BISD/YMBL TOURNEY SCORE UPDATES**

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Noooo what's DUMB is u using winning district titles as a measuring stick for being successful as a coach..now that's hilarious....and on top of that saying he's not on Bouttes level as a head coach....maybe not but who cares...so I guess Coach Saveat is not successful because he hasn't won a district title but he's gone the furthest in the PLAYOFFS out of all the schools...u have a lot to learn my friend..told u I TALK FACTS...NOT FICTION...and u act as If Nederland,Central, which btw are the only schools who could actually compete for a district title are pushovers....hmmm my fellow SETX ppl let is Larry Brown a good coach yes...is Roy Williams a good coach yes...the only difference is their approach to the game...your a supporter of Ozen right sounds to me when they lose your the first to say I told u so...when we head to state don't bother packin your bags we don't want fair weather fans riding on the bus.....

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1347745" timestamp="1354482519"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1347733#msg1347733 date=1354481043]
Someone told me not to entertain stupidity..but I'm not soft spoken..OZENSFINEST you sound bitter for one...maybe because your basketball career didn't go as planned...or who knows...but that's a big problem I have with people like u..who go around broadcasting someone be fired..you may not like him as a coach or even a person that's your prerogative, but to say he deserves to have his livelihood taken in pure asinine..even tho people don't agree with Centrals coach and how he runs his program guess what he's winning.. Same thing can be said for Coach Simon at West Brook...your talkin about Boutte as he if was GOD OF BASKETBALL and whomever doesn't coach his style is doomed for failure..typical Willie Lynch here...ok you played your time is OVER let it go...you don't agree with what he does fine...but the BAFOONERY has to stop at some point..yeah I'm voicing my opinion...and it's your right not like it...but it irks me when u can sit there say behind your computer screen or even in a public setting the things your saying..let me ask u this..u only seemed to be concerned with wining district ..lol..but not winning a state championship...cause if that was true you wouldn't be worried about simple things like that...I'm AROUND the program EVERYDAY so I see first hand what gets done..is everything perfect no and nothing will ever be..but as long as u and the other so called supporters of Ozen keep tryna divide and conquer they will never succeed..i have yet to see all the HATERS show their face and when they do come around none of this suff gets said to anyone's face..always hiding and whispering...man up then and say it with ya chest..lol...didnt think so...and I don't want you to take this as a challenge to a duel or something...I talk facts not fiction...ask any kid playing var and they'll u the same thing..Their focus is on a state championship not winning district ...and yes u can do that without winning district..but hey who am I to question tradition right....
[/quote]Now you sound real dumb...I'm not bitter about anything I just know a good coach when I see one and saveat isn't one of em...Everyone on this board knows that I'm a avid supporter of Ozen win or lose but Saveat is not the guy for the job IMO...However when I made the statement about winning district I was using that as a reference to his success at Ozen. Question do you honestly think that if Ozen can't win the weak 20-4A district that they can win state? And this is to soulja I've made any Bouttee/Saveat comparison because their isn't any we all know who was the better coach I'm only speaking on the success of Saveat's coaching career not even a district title in 4 years? SMH
[/quote]Would you care to share on Ozen's successful playoff run last year dispute losing to Central there times, Nederland once and failing to capture the district title? 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1347723" timestamp="1354480255"]
Players from our local teams who made All Tourney:

Nederland

Colton Weisbrod
Zach English

Congrats to all these young men

Beaumont Central

Nigel Pearson
E'Torrian Wildridge

Beaumont West Brook

Jjuan Hadnot

Beaumont Ozen

Jakobi Jones

PA Memorial

Torian Lott

Silsbee

DaVaughn Thomas
[/quote]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1347757" timestamp="1354484375"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1347745#msg1347745 date=1354482519]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1347733#msg1347733 date=1354481043]
Someone told me not to entertain stupidity..but I'm not soft spoken..OZENSFINEST you sound bitter for one...maybe because your basketball career didn't go as planned...or who knows...but that's a big problem I have with people like u..who go around broadcasting someone be fired..you may not like him as a coach or even a person that's your prerogative, but to say he deserves to have his livelihood taken in pure asinine..even tho people don't agree with Centrals coach and how he runs his program guess what he's winning.. Same thing can be said for Coach Simon at West Brook...your talkin about Boutte as he if was GOD OF BASKETBALL and whomever doesn't coach his style is doomed for failure..typical Willie Lynch here...ok you played your time is OVER let it go...you don't agree with what he does fine...but the BAFOONERY has to stop at some point..yeah I'm voicing my opinion...and it's your right not like it...but it irks me when u can sit there say behind your computer screen or even in a public setting the things your saying..let me ask u this..u only seemed to be concerned with wining district ..lol..but not winning a state championship...cause if that was true you wouldn't be worried about simple things like that...I'm AROUND the program EVERYDAY so I see first hand what gets done..is everything perfect no and nothing will ever be..but as long as u and the other so called supporters of Ozen keep tryna divide and conquer they will never succeed..i have yet to see all the HATERS show their face and when they do come around none of this suff gets said to anyone's face..always hiding and whispering...man up then and say it with ya chest..lol...didnt think so...and I don't want you to take this as a challenge to a duel or something...I talk facts not fiction...ask any kid playing var and they'll u the same thing..Their focus is on a state championship not winning district ...and yes u can do that without winning district..but hey who am I to question tradition right....
[/quote]Now you sound real dumb...I'm not bitter about anything I just know a good coach when I see one and saveat isn't one of em...Everyone on this board knows that I'm a avid supporter of Ozen win or lose but Saveat is not the guy for the job IMO...However when I made the statement about winning district I was using that as a reference to his success at Ozen. Question do you honestly think that if Ozen can't win the weak 20-4A district that they can win state? And this is to soulja I've made any Bouttee/Saveat comparison because their isn't any we all know who was the better coach I'm only speaking on the success of Saveat's coaching career not even a district title in 4 years? SMH
[/quote]Would you care to share on Ozen's successful playoff run last year dispute losing to Central there times, Nederland once and failing to capture the district title?
[/quote]Anything short of a state title at ozen is unsuccessful but who did ozen play on their road to regionals? Nederland? RIGHTTTTTTTT Ozen is supposed to beat teams like that I'm not impressed by that what happened when they played a solid jones team? They lost

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1347754" timestamp="1354483606"]
Noooo what's DUMB is u using winning district titles as a measuring stick for being successful as a coach..now that's hilarious....and on top of that saying he's not on Bouttes level as a head coach....maybe not but who cares...so I guess Coach Saveat is not successful because he hasn't won a district title but he's gone the furthest in the PLAYOFFS out of all the schools...u have a lot to learn my friend..told u I TALK FACTS...NOT FICTION...and u act as If Nederland,Central, which btw are the only schools who could actually compete for a district title are pushovers....hmmm my fellow SETX ppl let is Larry Brown a good coach yes...is Roy Williams a good coach yes...the only difference is their approach to the game...your a supporter of Ozen right sounds to me when they lose your the first to say I told u so...when we head to state don't bother packin your bags we don't want fair weather fans riding on the bus.....
[/quote]Ok lets talk fact...the first time Ozen has ever lost to central is when Saveat took over correct? The first time ozen hasn't won the district title since its been open(maybe besides once or twice) was under Savaet correct? We can talk facts all day its proven that the program has gone down since being under savaet thats facts...and I thought thats what coaches were judged by their success

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348087" timestamp="1354508599"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1347754#msg1347754 date=1354483606]
[/quote]Ok lets talk fact...the first time Ozen has ever lost to central is when Saveat took over correct? The first time ozen hasn't won the district title since its been open(maybe besides once or twice) was under Savaet correct? We can talk facts all day its proven that the program has gone down since being under savaet thats facts...and I thought thats what coaches were judged by their success
[/quote]
You do realize Ozen doesn't have a 6'10" NBA player on its team anymore don't you? Ozen has a good team, but they are not overloaded with talent like they use to be in the Boutte era.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Ummm OzensFinest I'm sure every team has goals of winning state so your making no sense which means your talkin nonsense....you keep saying they lost to Central and Nederland which by the way is your only basis...like they couldn't have lost to those teams if Boutte coached them..Correct me if im wrong but Boutte lost to a lot teams who were suppose to be cakewalks so they weren't invincible during his era..if my memory serves me correctly the same man your straddling the back of lost I believe 3 state championships ...wow guess that makes him a bad coach huh....nope still a great coach can't take away from what he's done.....and if memory serves me correct they beat Nederland to go to the reg semis WHEN IT COUNTED..so u have no arguement.....the Jones game well when you have a one point lead,in the bonus and your so called best player decides to jack an ill advised three with 1min and change left then you lose..but that wasnt Saveat fault ask then player and he'll tell you himself...Furthermore u do realize the talent has been evenly distributed amongst the high schools now..Central and West Brook were getting maybe 2 good players per school while Ozen got the bulk of talent well times have changed...Ozen had ppl who could play but didnt even see the court because of the abundance of talent...kids want to play which is why they transfer from memorial to go to PNG and NEDERLAND....and from Ozen to Central and West Brook..told u bro I talk facts now stay off the fiction...So if not winning district and going deeper in the playoffs than the team that beats u in district is taking the program down then I guess I have the IQ of a grape...ramble on about how the program has gone down nobody is listening and if that's the case why don't u restore them to the glory days...better yet why don't u add something positive like helping instead of criticizing behind your iPad...because ppl like u wanna see ppl fail so u can push your agenda of saying they need a coaching change...just a note to u tho...I dont agree with some things about how things go at my sons school did I say fire the coach...nope ...I went to the practices and asked the coach what could I do to help...because I want all of the kids to succeed...maybe u should do the same OZENSFINEST...Be positive instead of negative my fellow Ozen supporter..

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1348134" timestamp="1354517312"]
Ummm OzensFinest I'm sure every team has goals of winning state so your making no sense which means your talkin nonsense....you keep saying they lost to Central and Nederland which by the way is your only basis...like they couldn't have lost to those teams if Boutte coached them..Correct me if im wrong but Boutte lost to a lot teams who were suppose to be cakewalks so they weren't invincible during his era..if my memory serves me correctly the same man your straddling the back of lost I believe 3 state championships ...wow guess that makes him a bad coach huh....nope still a great coach can't take away from what he's done.....and if memory serves me correct they beat Nederland to go to the reg semis WHEN IT COUNTED..so u have no arguement.....the Jones game well when you have a one point lead,in the bonus and your so called best player decides to jack an ill advised three with 1min and change left then you lose..but that wasnt Saveat fault ask then player and he'll tell you himself...Furthermore u do realize the talent has been evenly distributed amongst the high schools now..Central and West Brook were getting maybe 2 good players per school while Ozen got the bulk of talent well times have changed...Ozen had ppl who could play but didnt even see the court because of the abundance of talent...kids want to play which is why they transfer from memorial to go to PNG and NEDERLAND....and from Ozen to Central and West Brook..told u bro I talk facts now stay off the fiction...So if not winning district and going deeper in the playoffs than the team that beats u in district is taking the program down then I guess I have the IQ of a grape...ramble on about how the program has gone down nobody is listening and if that's the case why don't u restore them to the glory days...better yet why don't u add something positive like helping instead of criticizing behind your iPad...because ppl like u wanna see ppl fail so u can push your agenda of saying they need a coaching change...just a note to u tho...I dont agree with some things about how things go at my sons school did I say fire the coach...nope ...I went to the practices and asked the coach what could I do to help...because I want all of the kids to succeed...maybe u should do the same OZENSFINEST...Be positive instead of negative my fellow Ozen supporter..
[/quote]This whole comment is just proving my point why you think all the good players are going else where to play ball? Because Ozen isn't the power house school it used to be...theres an old saying you build a program and they'll come and this is a prime example of why they're not coming...stop making excuses for savaet his player jacking a three in that situation just shows he has no control of his team like i said when you've played at ozen you'd understand where I'm coming from

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1348125" timestamp="1354511932"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348087#msg1348087 date=1354508599]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1347754#msg1347754 date=1354483606]
[/quote]
You do realize Ozen doesn't have a 6'10" NBA player on its team anymore don't you? Ozen has a good team, but they are not overloaded with talent like they use to be in the Boutte era.
[/quote]You do realize they didn't have anyone 6'10 on the 07' team that went to state either huh?

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
You talk about making excuses..no sir wouldn't dare...I call it how I see it...u said it proves he has no control over his players shows u havent a clue....the ppl in the stands are culprits ppl like yourself who give kids the freedom to disrespect an adult. .when u talk bad about a coach in front of CHILDREN then what respect level do u think they will have for their coach...ive heard ppl say things like blank Savaet in front of kids..hmmm..and u dont think that has has any bearing...u talk about thats why kids dont go to ozen...another error on u.. their going to central and wb because they wanna play...why sit the bench at ozen when they can start at central or wb...u do the math..and as we know the all important zoning has come back...no longer can u just go where u want....u have to go thru a ton of red tape..paperwork. ...its a tedious process. ..trust I know...again if your so concerned about whats going be positive and show your face around the program..be a mentor instead of OF A Hater...oh and if u think u can do bettee job apply for the job or continue being a sideline coach...

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1348125" timestamp="1354511932"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348087#msg1348087 date=1354508599]
[/quote]
[/quote]How many titles did Boutte win with Perkins? I know they went to Austin 2 or 3 times in a row, but I can't remember if they won 1 or 2 Titles?

In addition to Perkins, at least two other kids went to mid major colleges, so those teams were LOADED to say the least. One of the kids went on to become player of the year in the Mountain West-not to shabby!  ;)

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348078" timestamp="1354508372"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106883.msg1347757#msg1347757 date=1354484375]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1347745#msg1347745 date=1354482519]
[/quote]Anything short of a state title at ozen is unsuccessful but who did ozen play on their road to regionals? Nederland? RIGHTTTTTTTT Ozen is supposed to beat teams like that I'm not impressed by that what happened when they played a solid jones team? They lost
[/quote]So if Ozen beats a 28-6 team and their name is Humble or Kimball that is ok, but if they beat a 28-6 team, and it is Nederland then the win does not qualify? ??? Is it bc team's like Ned lack athleticism and speed? Are you saying fundamentals mean nothing? Where's Steve Nash when you need him!

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1348134" timestamp="1354517312"]
[/quote]I agree with most of your post, but would you like to elaborate on which players 'transferred' from PAM to Nederland?
This has been discussed MANY times on this board, and there has only been ONE kid who didn't attend Nederland schools from at least the 6th grade. That kid started attending Nederland in 9th grade.  8)

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1348149" timestamp="1354538356"]
To Ozensfinest:

Above you mention Nederland and state that Ozen is "supposed to beat teams like that". Obviously you're not talking about talent level so can you explain what you mean when you say "teams like that"  >:(
[/quote]I think you know what he means.  :-X

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
@HonestAbe.. dont take what I said negatively....I meant that probably moved into the district..I was simply saying that alot of kids dont wanna wait to play so their going elsewhere..personally I see nothing wrong with it..prepare your team no matter who the other team has..I like Nederland...I think fundamentals are where its at even tho some think u should just let players run up and and down the court with no structure. .

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1348202" timestamp="1354546914"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348078#msg1348078 date=1354508372]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106883.msg1347757#msg1347757 date=1354484375]
[/quote]So if Ozen beats a 28-6 team and their name is Humble or Kimball that is ok, but if they beat a 28-6 team, and it is Nederland then the win does not qualify? ??? Is it bc team's like Ned lack athleticism and speed? Are you saying fundamentals mean nothing? Where's Steve Nash when you need him!
[/quote] Sorry Abe, the establishment been lying to you, Steve Nash ain't white  ;)

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1348231" timestamp="1354549243"]
@HonestAbe.. dont take what I said negatively....I meant that probably moved into the district..I was simply saying that alot of kids dont wanna wait to play so their going elsewhere..personally I see nothing wrong with it..prepare your team no matter who the other team has..I like Nederland...I think fundamentals are where its at even tho some think u should just let players run up and and down the court with no structure. .
[/quote]Trust me, I didn't take what you said negatively. Like you, I'm all about facts, not nonsense talk (most of the time)  ;) and I just wanted to set the record straight.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1347705" timestamp="1354478637"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1347697#msg1347697 date=1354477965]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106883.msg1346135#msg1346135 date=1354335136]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1346081#msg1346081 date=1354334196]
OMG how in the heck Ozen lose to WB please remove Savaet of his duties smh
[/quote] um, West Brook is actually good this year...and besides, Ozen have already beaten West Brook this year, so it was a return of favor, so to speak.    I don't think that's grounds for fireing the coach...
[/quote]I understand where you coming from soulja but back when I played for Ozen it wasn't a such thing as even having close games with teams in the area come on man saveat needs to be removed I played for him I know the guy can't coach a lick and the only reason he still has this job is because he is kin to the athletic director of BISD(RODNEY SAVEAT)
[/quote] I know what you're saying, , but you have to keep in mind that Seveat is NOT Boutte.  Not By a long shot.[color=red][size=12pt] [b]Also, Ozen isn't [/b] [b]getting ALL of Beaumont's talents anymore.[/b]  It's a change in the times, man.  [b]The talent is evenly distributed now.[/b]  [/size] [/color] Green and Zeno at West Brook and the young guns at Central. 

Now to think about it, where is y'all's young gun, Boyd?
[/quote]

B I N G O- The truth has been spoken

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Who was disputing that Ozen wasn't gettin all of the best talent..that can be said about alot of schools. ...but remember BISD has a lot to do with balancing out the powers..  :o

Top flight If you are who I think you are can i get a fresh fade before the the sate game.. Want to go see the panthers looking good lol. saveat will get it together and so will the boys.  I know everyone expects an undefeated season but a few early loses doesnt mean the coach sucks are the team is ruined.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1348234" timestamp="1354549768"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1348231#msg1348231 date=1354549243]
[/quote]Trust me, I didn't take what you said negatively. Like you, I'm all about facts, not nonsense talk (most of the time)  ;) and I just wanted to set the record straight.
[/quote] 

you really didnt set the record straight..... if a parents wants their kid to move out of Paisd for whateva reason i dont see anything wrong with that, but dont sit on here and pretend that NED. DONT HAVE KIDZ THAT COME FROM PA

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83