6 man football

Eagle11

Well, being stuck up here in the panhandle for a little while I went Friday to catch a 1st round playoff game in 6 man. It is a different and interesting game. This is a game where the team with the overall best athletes will win. I think one team had 18 players total and the other had 11 or 12 but I am willing to bet the starting 6 never came off the field unless someone was hurt. I think it is best characterized as an organized sandlot game. Those kids couldn't have had enough energy to party after the game......heck, I was tired just watching them

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1337232" timestamp="1353355149"]
Well, being stuck up here in the panhandle for a little while I went Friday to catch a 1st round playoff game in 6 man. It is a different and interesting game. This is a game where the team with the overall best athletes will win. I think one team had 18 players total and the other had 11 or 12 but I am willing to bet the starting 6 never came off the field unless someone was hurt. I think it is best characterized as an organized sandlot game. Those kids couldn't have had enough energy to party after the game......heck, I was tired just watching them
[/quote]LOL .....wish Soulja could have attended this, [b]REAL[/b] small-school ball.  ;) ;D

Caught a few 6 man games when I lived in West Texas. Fun game but a lot different than 11 man. You gotta be in shape and you better know how to open-field tackle.

During the regular season this year a 6 man team played an 11 man team. They played 11 man first half and 6 man second half. Don't remember the 11 man school but I'm certain Throckmorton was the 6 man school. From the report of the game I read the 11 man team took the first half but Throckmorton played more than respectably, no big blowout. Second half was a different story, school was on and Throckmorton spanked 'em nasty.

Read about it on Old Coach forum.

6man ball is fun!  It is true that the most athletic team wins and the Best athlete should play "QB".  In 6Man ball a player is asked to be a Resaissance " player: Solid blocking, tackling, catching, passing, coverage, d-line techniques.  Really let's you see where you are as a coach teaching overall skills. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder