4A Region 3 Div 1 and Div 2 Champs?

D1 will be Foster vs. Dawson, Dawson wins
D2 will be Brenham vs. FB Marshall, Brenham wins

This could change depending on some bubble teams.

I see Summer Creek beating Vidor, and Georgetown, but losing to Foster in 3rd round.
I see Dayton losing to Nederland first round.
I see Crosby beating LCM, and getting beat by Manor 2nd round.
I see BH beating Livingston, and getting beat by Brenham 2nd round.

That's my prediction today, could change. ;D

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1314784" timestamp="1351620411"]

I see Summer Creek beating Vidor, and Georgetown, but losing to Foster in 3rd round.
I see Crosby beating LCM, and getting beat by [b]Manor[/b] 2nd round.

[/quote]

manor? really? you got some inside scoop on those guys?

[quote name="dayton" post="1314827" timestamp="1351622675"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=105453.msg1314784#msg1314784 date=1351620411]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dayton won't lose to 204a, Vidor or Nederland...or Summer Creek for that matter

we've gone deeper in the playoffs with less talent than we have now

I'm glad you guys underestimate us each year, it makes it that much sweeter when we're the only team from SETX left in December

Summer Creek looks good, agreed...they haven't been tested either...I look forward to the BH/SC game, BH is the best team they've seen this year

Ned/Vidor both look tough...I like them, as well

we'll see how it plays out, any given Friday...right?  that's why the kids play and coaches coach...and we act like we have a clue  8)

[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=105453.msg1314784#msg1314784 date=1351620411]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Manor actually isn't a bad pick.  This is one of their stronger teams.  It's nice to see a little recognition out west. 

Not trying to be a homer, but Brenham could be a sleeper pick, as funny as that sounds.  I mean, this team knows how to win.  The talent pool isn't as deep as it has been in recent years, but it's far from dry.  If everything continues the way it has been this year,  this team will only get better.  You take that and mix it with early exits in the past 2 years and the team rallying to play for JD.....  This could be the year! 
Teams to keep a eye on in D2...  FB Marshall, Texas City, Brenham & Terry.  My pick is Texas City.

Now for D1, you can make a real strong case for Georgetown.  They are probably my pick in D1, but Summer Creek wouldn't surprise me either.  To be honest though, I think Summer Creek is a year away from a title appearance.
Teams to keep an eye on in D1... Georgetown, Dayton, Summer Creek & Dawson.  My pick is Georgetown.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1314784" timestamp="1351620411"]

[/quote]interesting. 19 4a goes 3-1 in the first round with dayton being the only loss.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1314917" timestamp="1351627208"]

[/quote]interesting. 19 4a goes 3-1 in the first round with dayton being the only loss.
[/quote]
Dang guys I'm just throwing a prediction. I went and looked at who was playing who and came up with that. Nothing against Dayton. Please enlighten the rest of us on what ya'll think. ::)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1314917" timestamp="1351627208"]

[/quote]
I can see this happening

[/quote]

[/quote]
If the bracket shapes up like I think it might, then Manor vs. Huntsville 1st rd. Manor would play winner of Crosby/LCM in 2nd rd., Manor would get the winner out of NF/Ridge Point/Terry Galena Park in the 3rd rd. Manor/Terry match up is a toss up. It could change in the next couple of weeks depending on what happens in these districts, but as of today yes Manor.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1314943" timestamp="1351628548"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105453.msg1314917#msg1314917 date=1351627208]

[/quote]
Dang guys I'm just throwing a prediction. I went and looked at who was playing who and came up with that. Nothing against Dayton. Please enlighten the rest of us on what ya'll think. ::)
[/quote]i just said interesting because last year 19 4a was 1-3. Your predictions have as much validity as anyone elses.

[quote name="dogbite" post="1314948" timestamp="1351628621"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105453.msg1314917#msg1314917 date=1351627208]

[/quote]
I can see this happening
[/quote]
I had Ned losing to Montgomery in 2nd round. Trying to figure out some upsets in there. Ned has a tough road. To go past 3 rounds, Ned is looking at a possible Dayton rd1, Montgomery rd 2, and Dawson rd 3. If they win those then more then likely would play winner of Summer Creek/Foster game for Region 3 title.

[quote name="dogbite" post="1314948" timestamp="1351628621"]

[/quote]
I can see this happening
[/quote]me to. I mean ned almost beat an average angleton team.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1314957" timestamp="1351628942"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=105453.msg1314943#msg1314943 date=1351628548]

[/quote]
[/quote]i just said interesting because last year 19 4a was 1-3. Your predictions have as much validity as anyone elses.
[/quote]
I just think a Ned/Dayton matchup is going to be tough to pick either way. It's like having a Region 3 title game in the first round. I think Ned D is a slight better then BH and their offense is better because they mix up passing in there to keep D honest. You won't be able to stack 8 or 9 in the box because you have to respect the pass as well. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1314859" timestamp="1351624472"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=105453.msg1314827#msg1314827 date=1351622675]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm glad you guys underestimate us each year, it makes it that much sweeter when we're the only team from SETX left in December

Summer Creek looks good, agreed...they haven't been tested either...I look forward to the BH/SC game, BH is the best team they've seen this year

we'll see how it plays out, any given Friday...right?  that's why the kids play and coaches coach...and we act like we have a clue  8)
[/quote]If SC hasn't been tested niether has Dayton. Just because they win by large margins doesn't mean they're untested. After they blow the doors off BH Dayton fans are going to say they didn't have Denny, but Dayton fans don't think Denny would have made that much of a difference in their game. We played Dayton and Ned and Dayton is definitely better but they for sure have the hardest 1st round matchup. I have Crosby making a miracle run for the first time in D2 and losing to Texas City in the 4th round. Division 1 I think Dawson plays the winner of the Connally/Georgetown game in the quarterfinals or if SC can beat the loser of the Connally/Georgetown game they could play Dawson in the quarterfinals. If Central beats LCM I have Vidor and Crosby playing for the D2 regional title.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1314967" timestamp="1351629353"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=105453.msg1314859#msg1314859 date=1351624472]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]If SC hasn't been tested niether has Dayton. Just because they win by large margins doesn't mean they're untested. After they blow the doors off BH Dayton fans are going to say they didn't have Denny, but Dayton fans don't think Denny would have made that much of a difference in their game. We played Dayton and Ned and Dayton is definitely better but they for sure have the hardest 1st round matchup. I have Crosby making a miracle run for the first time in D2 and losing to Texas City in the 4th round. Division 1 I think Dawson plays the winner of the Connally/Georgetown game in the quarterfinals or if SC can beat the loser of the Connally/Georgetown game they could play Dawson in the quarterfinals. If Central beats LCM I have Vidor and Crosby playing for the D2 regional title.
[/quote]
The way I see it is Crosby has an easier road for sure compare to probably any of the playoff teams from 29/20 4a, but Manor is somewhat unknown. They have 3 losses, one to a weak playoff team Waco, but the other two loses are to Leander and Georgetown. I just don't see Crosby getting past Manor, but if they do I think Terry beats them in rd 3.

I don't see TC beating Lamar Consolidated in 1st rd, and if they do don't see them beating FB Marshall in rd 2.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1314953" timestamp="1351628792"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
If the bracket shapes up like I think it might, then Manor vs. Huntsville 1st rd. Manor would play winner of Crosby/LCM in 2nd rd., Manor would get the winner out of NF/Ridge Point/Terry Galena Park in the 3rd rd. Manor/Terry match up is a toss up. It could change in the next couple of weeks depending on what happens in these districts, but as of today yes Manor.
[/quote]Manor hasn't beat a winning team all year. Lots of 1-7, 2-6, 0-8 on the schedule. They got beat by 35 by Georgetown, 21 by #9 Leander, and lost to Waco who might not even make the playoffs in their district. They still have to take their whipping from Connally too. Would love to have this as a second round matchup, at least our three losses will be to top ten opponents. After saying all that though I don't even think they get past Huntsville in the first round.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/manor-mustangs-(manor,tx)/football/schedule.htm

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1314967" timestamp="1351629353"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=105453.msg1314859#msg1314859 date=1351624472]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Elkins, Livingston and BH are greatly superior to any team SC has played...with the exception of Crosby and KP, who were mutual opponents with similar outcomes...but, Livingston and Elkins would beat Crosby or KP

Like I said, interested to see the BH game this week

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1315004" timestamp="1351632263"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105453.msg1314967#msg1314967 date=1351629353]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Elkins, Livingston and BH are greatly superior to any team SC has played...Crosby and KP were mutual opponents with similar outcomes...Livingston and Elkins would beat Crosby or KP

[/quote]But they wouldn't beat BH? Elkins 4-4, Livingston 4-4, BH blown out by Crosby. I agree, they are very superior to Crosby just like BH has a salty D now. BH couldn't move the ball on Dayton, what makes you think they will move the ball on SC? Crosby ran up nearly 500 yards on all three teams but like you said we suck, even worse than the 97 total yards Livingston mustered. They played one good offense and gave up a ton of yards and when they play another the same will happen. When BH looses by 20+ pts to SC the week after you struggled against them with a backup qb what will you say? Let me guess, SC still hasn't played anybody and Dayton was resting players.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1315013" timestamp="1351633309"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=105453.msg1315004#msg1315004 date=1351632263]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105453.msg1314967#msg1314967 date=1351629353]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Elkins, Livingston and BH are greatly superior to any team SC has played...Crosby and KP were mutual opponents with similar outcomes...Livingston and Elkins would beat Crosby or KP

[/quote]But they wouldn't beat BH? Elkins 4-4, Livingston 4-4, BH blown out by Crosby. I agree, they are very superior to Crosby just like BH has a salty D now. BH couldn't move the ball on Dayton, what makes you think they will move the ball on SC? Crosby ran up nearly 500 yards on all three teams but like you said we suck, even worse than the 97 total yards Livingston mustered. They played one good offense and gave up a ton of yards and when they play another the same will happen. When BH looses by 20+ pts to SC the week after you struggled against them with a backup qb what will you say? Let me guess, SC still hasn't played anybody and Dayton was resting players.
[/quote]

it was phrased weird...I don't think Livingston or Elkins are superior to crosby or kp, all about the same...but I do think they win head to head...BH is much improved, I don't like them any more than crosby, but they're improved...

all I've said is that I'm interested to see how they do against SC...because they're probably playing the best of any team that sc's seen

no excuses, we'll have to end up w/ more points than SC and it doesn't matter who's beat who to this point

if we want to dig into stats, Dayton put up more yards on crosby than SC did...also, Dayton allows almost a touchdown less per game overall so I think BH will score more on SC than they did on Dayton...but like I said, stats are irrelevant for the most part...especially on what seem to be evenly-matched teams...strategy and players will take this one over, I feel

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1314859" timestamp="1351624472"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol you Dayton folks are funny. You guys say we haven't been tested until we play Crosby, we beat them, now we haven't been tested again until we play BH.....The only way you guys agree we are tested is win we lose  ;D.....smh

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1315021" timestamp="1351634457"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol you Dayton folks are funny. You guys say we haven't been tested until we play Crosby, we beat them, now we haven't been tested again until we play BH.....The only way you guys agree we are tested is win we lose  ;D.....smh
[/quote]

we didn't realize crosby sucked... :o

;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder