With Chambers' will, Dayton finds way to stay unbeaten

The word is out: Dayton is one of the best Class 4A teams in the state.

The Broncos moved up to fourth in this week's Associated Press state rankings. They're sitting at 9-0, with their average margin of victory roughly 28 points. Leading the offense is Markain Chambers. Both struggled Friday against Barbers Hill, but like Dayton and Chambers have done all season, they found a way.

"You need to be tested," Dayton head coach Jowell Hancock said. "Our goal is the playoffs. We're in the playoffs.

"We know we're going to face competition that's going to disrupt your offense. So now we have to get back, find the rhythm, correct what we did wrong and look at some things that we can attack."

Nothing is easy

Part of that means carrying over the momentum from Friday's final minutes. That's when Chambers and the Broncos offense erased nearly four quarters of up-and-down play as Dayton won 13-6.

Friday wasn't like the week before, when Chambers threw four touchdown passes and ran for another TD in a 49-0 win over New Caney Porter, or Week 5, when he had three passing touchdowns and a rushing score against Kingwood Park in a 35-13 Broncos win.

"We're just so used to executing that we just didn't then, and it was really frustrating," said Chambers, who has completed 54 percent of his passes this season.

Chambers-made

Chambers was there, though, to make a play. His game-winning touchdown against Barbers Hill started as a quarterback sneak that became a 39-yard run.

"We bounced it outside, and we hit the sidelines, and the Broncos are happy," Hancock said after the game.

Chambers' frustrations were warranted - Dayton had the ball three times before scoring any points against Barbers Hill. Those three possessions equaled 14 offensive plays, with just two first downs and a pair of plays that resulted in the offense's going backward.

Dayton scored on a kickoff return, but later that quarter the Broncos finally made a change. Chambers didn't lead the offense for its last drive of the first half.

He wasn't in the game.

"That was bad - the starting quarterback on the bench over there just watching," Chambers said. "I felt really bad. I just wanted to go out there as soon as possible.

"It was frustrating because our offense is supposed to be dominating teams."

Dayton will get the week off to correct its mistakes and move forward. The regular-season finale will be another test - the Broncos face Summer Creek (8-0, 6-0) at home before going into the postseason.

Close games aren't new to Chambers or the Broncos. They rallied against Elkins in their opener, with Chambers throwing a game-sealing touchdown pass to Isaiah Chambers in the fourth quarter.

Houston Chronicle

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1314727" timestamp="1351617452"]
The writer lost all credibility with the opening statement.  Dayton is not "One of the best teams in 4A"....... Come on man, you have virtually no offense.  Average at best.  ::) ::)
[/quote] Just because we play down to the compettion  ;D ;D

The writer lost all credibility with the opening statement.  Dayton is not "One of the best teams in 4A"....... Come on man, you have virtually no offense.  Average at best.  ::) ::)
[/quote]
ACCORDING TO YOU THEN      DAYTON O = AVERAGE    /    BH O = [b]BELOW AVERAGE[/b]..........KINDA EXPLAINS HOW YOU FEEL EVERYTIME YOU USE THE RESTROOM  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1314736" timestamp="1351617915"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=105444.msg1314727#msg1314727 date=1351617452]
[/quote] [b]Just because we play down to the compettion[/b]  ;D ;D
[/quote]yep^^^ what he said^^^

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1314740" timestamp="1351618132"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=105444.msg1314727#msg1314727 date=1351617452]
[/quote]
ACCORDING TO YOU THEN      DAYTON O = AVERAGE    /    BH O = [b]BELOW AVERAGE[/b]..........[b]KINDA EXPLAINS HOW YOU FEEL EVERYTIME YOU USE THE RESTROOM[/b]  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

hahahahaha

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1314750" timestamp="1351618400"]
[quote author=Football Fan 4 Life link=topic=105444.msg1314690#msg1314690 date=1351614893]
Ryan is healthy not sure about Jamaud.
[/quote]Healthy and very frustrated about not getting the ball enough.  I say give him the ball more and run #10 less.  Works for me.
[/quote]So now the question is why he isn't getting the ball enough...

[/quote]yet dayton is 9-0. Thank god for average offenses. Also yes I would put my fiero on the game if denny stayed in. bh had 17 pts against a terrible crosby defense and he played all night.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1314758" timestamp="1351618692"]
[/quote]yet dayton is 9-0. Thank god for average offenses. Also yes I would put my fiero on the game if denny stayed in. bh had 17 pts against a terrible crosby defense and he played all night.
[/quote]

Didn't yall bust out 24 on power house CEK ;) Dayton is either overated big time or BH is underated big time....I'll leaning towards the first one though ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1314770" timestamp="1351619718"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105444.msg1314758#msg1314758 date=1351618692]
[/quote]

Didn't yall bust out 24 on power house CEK ;) Dayton is either overated big time or BH is underated big time....I'll leaning towards the first one though ;)
[/quote]Thats why your gang could only kick field goals against Dayton! ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1314770" timestamp="1351619718"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105444.msg1314758#msg1314758 date=1351618692]
[/quote]

[/quote]sc only beat ck 34-9 and yall seem to think their great. Crosby only scored 24 on ck and they put 35 on bh. Maybe good teams just find a way to win. Im going to throw another thing out there. Tyler one of the states top ranked teams only beat nuevo leon 20-10 which shocked me. Sometimes a win is just a win.

This is like any other sport... Take nascar for example.. EVERYBODY hated Dale Earnhart.. When he was dominating the circuit.. Then they ALL HATED Jeff Gordon for the same reason...Same goes for the Broncos.. Because Dayton dominates other teams with their winning ways.. EVERYBODY hates them...  And before you BH poopsters say well who dominated last season.. Umm Even Dale and Jeff lost one or two races... But still dominated...  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder