20-4a after 4 weeks

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1307276" timestamp="1350933886"]
Man y'all are awful cocky this year. The only team to make it past round one out of 19-4a last year was Dayton and that includes y'all meal ticket sc.
[/quote]

pride goes before the fall. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1307276" timestamp="1350933886"]
Man y'all are awful cocky this year. The only team to make it past round one out of 19-4a last year was Dayton and that includes y'all meal ticket sc.
[/quote]Come on now you know I was joking , Barbers Hill can't beat anyone come 1st round!  ;D ;D

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1306841" timestamp="1350912042"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=104998.msg1306831#msg1306831 date=1350910771]
Outside of Nederland I don't see any other team making a deep playoff run out of 20-4A. I hope I am wrong.
[/quote]
lets be real. Ned will get SC or Dayton in round 1. they'll have to play mistake free ball to survive either one of those teams. the only advantage i see for Ned is that SC and Dayton play eachother the last week of district(most likely for the DC and division seeding). comming off a game of that calibur may have an adverse effect on either team come round one the following week.

[b]if [/b] Vidor goes D2, i can see them playing for the region.
[/quote]

Nederland can beat both Dayton and Summer Creek...

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1307314" timestamp="1350937299"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=104998.msg1306841#msg1306841 date=1350912042]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=104998.msg1306831#msg1306831 date=1350910771]
Outside of Nederland I don't see any other team making a deep playoff run out of 20-4A. I hope I am wrong.
[/quote]
lets be real. Ned will get SC or Dayton in round 1. they'll have to play mistake free ball to survive either one of those teams. the only advantage i see for Ned is that SC and Dayton play eachother the last week of district(most likely for the DC and division seeding). comming off a game of that calibur may have an adverse effect on either team come round one the following week.

[b]if [/b] Vidor goes D2, i can see them playing for the region.
[/quote]

Nederland can beat both Dayton and Summer Creek...
[/quote]Look at your post above and pretend I'm saying back to you! ;D ;D

[quote name="dogbite" post="1306885" timestamp="1350914866"]
It doesn't matter how 19-4a plays out.  Nederland can play with and beat any of the 4 possibilities when they play up to potential.  Just having no injuries for the remainder of the season would be more important than who our 1st round opponent is.
[/quote]I think Ned played their best game against Vidor or Crosby, niether was good enough to beat SC or Dayton this year. Dayton is Ned's best opportunity for a win though. Ned's d-line would have an advantage of Dayton's o-line but they would have a disadvantage everywhere else. Not 'cause SC is better than Dayton, but because SC's o-line is the best I've seen since Dawson's which would mitigate Ned's best feature. It also doesn't hurt they have the most prolific passer in the region.

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1307252" timestamp="1350932920"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104998.msg1306324#msg1306324 date=1350835022]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=104998.msg1306312#msg1306312 date=1350834117]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=104998.msg1306310#msg1306310 date=1350833814]
[b]Team [/b]                [b]Record[/b]                        [b]Remaining games[/b]

Nederland            4      0                      Ozen, @ Lum, Central
Vidor                  3      1                      PN-G, Liv, @ LC-M
Livingston            3      1                      Central, @ Vidor, PN-G
LC-M                    2      2                      Lumberton, @ Central, Vidor
Central                  2      2                    @ Livingston, LC-M, @ Ned
Ozen                    1    3                    @ Nederland, @ PN-G, Lum
PN-G                    1    3                      @ Vidor, Ozen, @ Liv
Lumberton              0    4                    @ LC-M, Ned, @ Ozen

Who gets in?  LC-M seems to have the easiest path.  Central vs. LC-M could be for a playoff berth in 2 weeks, but they both need to win this week first.
[/quote]

[b]Team [/b]                [b]Record[/b]                        [b]Remaining games[/b]

Nederland            7      0                      Ozen(W), @ Lum(W), Central(W)
Vidor                  6      1                      PN-G(W), Liv(W), @ LC-M(W)
Livingston            5      2                      Central(W), @ Vidor(L), PN-G(W)
Central                  3      4                    @ Livingston(L), LC-M[s](L)[/s][b](W)[/b], @ Ned(L)
LC-M                    3      4                      Lumberton(W), @ Central[s](W)[/s][b](L)[/b], Vidor(L)
Ozen                    3    4                    @ Nederland(L), @ PN-G(L), Lum(W)
PN-G                    2    5                      @ Vidor(L), Ozen(W), @ Liv(L)
Lumberton              0    7                    @ LC-M(L), Ned(L), @ Ozen(L)

This is how I see it ending up
[/quote]
There i fixed it for you.
[/quote]
Wishful thinking since Vidor wants to go Division II...

[b]I think Vidor can beat both Summer Creek and Dayton[/b]
[/quote]
i do too. anyone can be beat. but i also look at it as avoiding Dawson,Friendswood etc....round one is going to take it's toll and it only gets harder. the playoff game i would love too see again, is down the D2 route. Vidor/Crosby in the Qtr. Finals. 8)

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1307324" timestamp="1350937566"]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=104998.msg1307262#msg1307262 date=1350933255]
Bahaha that is funny. 20-4A's best two teams will be sitting at home after round 1.  ;)
[/quote]

You been smoking with Smokin'Baby haven't you...
[/quote] nope, this years Nederland team reminds me alot of the 07 team. They were sopposed to be the best team in the district/region until they played Dayton, that didn't turn out so well I believe the score was 63-0. So what I'm basically saying is Nederland is over rated in my opinion.

It looks like Livingston is in with a win over Central. Looks like LCM is going to be the other team sending Vidor D1. Can't believe Central is 2-5. If Crosby beats KP then the D2 bi-district matchups are Crosby-LCM and Barbers Hill-Livingston. D1 would be the winner of the SC-Dayton game vs Vidor and the loser vs Nederland. Big time matchups round 1. I think 19-4a would have to give points in all of these matchups vs the spread though.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1307381" timestamp="1350941588"]
It looks like Livingston is in with a win over Central. Looks like LCM is going to be the other team sending Vidor D1. Can't believe Central is 2-5. If Crosby beats KP then the D2 bi-district matchups are Crosby-LCM and Barbers Hill-Livingston. I think 20-4a is at a disadvantage in both of those.
[/quote]
Central can lose to Livingston and beat LC-M and still get in. the next few weeks are going to be interesting for 20-4A.

There are no easy wins in 20-4A.  The Pirates have 3 tough opponents to face with PNG, Livingston, and LCM.  LCM scares me the most, especially at home.  For some reason they play like a different team on their home field and Vidor doesnt play very well there. I hate to say it, but I see the Pirates go 2-1 from here on out.  It doesnt change things for the playoffs, at least for us.  It would be nice for us to go to D2, but that is out of our hands, so we cant worry about that.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1306536" timestamp="1350856240"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104998.msg1306532#msg1306532 date=1350855878]
all Central has to do is beat LC-M next week, in which i think they will, i'll be there to see it. Ozen will win ONE more game this year---versus Lumberton, Ozen will not beat any Mid-County school this year IMO.
[/quote] You see Ozen losing to PN-G, man?  Very interesting.  I  can see Ozen beating PN-G by more than a TD.
[/quote]I can see ozen beating Png as well. I am just about willing to bet on that.

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1308167" timestamp="1351027741"]
There are no easy wins in 20-4A.  The Pirates have 3 tough opponents to face with PNG, Livingston, and LCM.  LCM scares me the most, especially at home.  For some reason they play like a different team on their home field and Vidor doesnt play very well there. I hate to say it, but I see the Pirates go 2-1 from here on out.  It doesnt change things for the playoffs, at least for us.  It would be nice for us to go to D2, but that is out of our hands, so we cant worry about that.
[/quote]I have seen vidor play lcm at home and play very well. With the way vidor is playing ball home and away, I don't see them losing a game. Lcm is the biggest worry to me though with how good they are playing. As long as vidor doesn't have alot dumb mistakes then they will win out. We have to also not let penalties shoot us in the foot. that has to be under control.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83