The top of 19-4a compared to bottom!

Guest Dazed and confused

Guest Dazed and confused
Ok was crunching numbers yesterday and it hit me.  I can compare head to head games for Dayton , SC , and BH all I want and it doesn't matter. The class of the field is Dayton, SC, & BH and Crosby, K.Park & King can feed on the scraps for 4th.  Until weeks 8, 9, & 10 it will be up in the air. 

Last years 19-4A was way more competitve from top to bottom. This years version goes like this.

[b]Teams that can beat each other on any given night[/b]
BH
Dayton
Summer Creek
Crosby

[b]Teams that are average but cannot compete with the top 4[/b]
Kingwood Park
C.E. King

[b]Teams that probably wouldn't get in the top 4 of the local 3A district[/b]
Humble
New Caney
New Caney Porter

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1301038" timestamp="1350314990"]
Last years 19-4A was way more competitve from top to bottom. This years version goes like this.

BH
Dayton
Summer Creek
Crosby

Kingwood Park
C.E. King

Humble
New Caney
New Caney Porter
[/quote]
HATE TO SAY IT BUT.............I AGREE (SMH IN DISBELIEF)  ;D ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1301038" timestamp="1350314990"]

BH
Dayton
Summer Creek
Crosby

Kingwood Park
C.E. King

Humble
New Caney
New Caney Porter
[/quote]I think competitive districts like this make teams more ready come playoff time. For years North Shore beat up their district and got hit in the mouth for the first time come playoffs and hence have one state title to show for it with arguably the most talented teams in the state over the last combined decade compounded by some bad early round losses. Teams like Dayton and Brenham on the other hand play tough games in the district which better readys them for playoff time. You have to remember KP was a playoff team last year in their district and was supposed to be better this year, they might only win 3 or 4 district games in 19-4a. I think that says a lot about your district when the top three teams are 19-1.

Yep Lee.GCM,GP,& NF are playing way better than the middle teams in the new 19-4a.Look @ North Forrest a team that was almost dis-membered by a school closing.The UIL moved em to 21-4a and they're tearing it up scoring 404 pts=58 ppg allowed 25 tot pts=3.5 ppg & the last 3 have been skunks,7 pts the most given up in a game ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1301540" timestamp="1350349706"]
Yep Lee.GCM,GP,& NF are playing way better than the middle teams in the new 19-4a.Look @ North Forrest a team that was almost dis-membered by a school closing.The UIL moved em to 21-4a and they're tearing it up scoring 404 pts=58 ppg allowed 25 tot pts=3.5 ppg & the last 3 have been skunks,7 pts the most given up in a game ;)
[/quote]

NF is in a horrible district and they are used to playing much stiffer competition. Come playoff time that will be exposed quickly. I bet they haven't played a real defense yet, as a matter of fact, by looking at the scores I know they haven't. Congrats on the winning season so far, but don't expect much in the post-season.

[quote name="ATX31" post="1301766" timestamp="1350394977"]
I hope the N.C schools get can competitive soon they have that really nice stadium getting built for them. Would suck to get constantly hold out at your own place.
[/quote]New Caney already has a beautiful stadium and accomidations. Are both high schools in NCISD giong to have their own stadium?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder