Prime Prep Basketball a no go?/Several big name players ruled ineligible!!

Like Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast my friend".

11-3A DEC meeting regarding eligibility of Prime Prep's basketball players met today but PP's paperwork not in order. Meeting is rescheduled for Oct. 10th.

I believe this is just to put off the inevitable that Prime Prep players will be ineligible to play this school year.

No real surprise here. ::)

More on this ridiculous mess with PP:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/investigates/Sanders-questioned-about-improper-recruiting-at-Prime-Prep-172556771.html

interesting part of the article:

The District 11-3A Executive Committee also met Wednesday to consider eligibility of Prime Prep's entire basketball team... and what a team it would be — made up of some of the nation’s top college recruits, many of them transferring (along with their coach) from one of the top teams in the country last year, Arlington Grace Prep.

To be eligible to play this year, they would have to move into the Dallas ISD attendance zone and could not be recruited.

Sanders insists they all transferred legitimately.

Committee members expressed doubts.

"When I see a whole basketball team transition to another school along with their coach? Now let's talk about the kids, because I'm going to have to go back to Ferris and I'm going to have to tell my kids what's going on,” said Ferris High School head football coach Aaron Emeyabbi.

The committee later inspected, then rejected, every one of Sanders' basketball transfer forms, sending them back for proof of proper residency.

Like I said, I will be very surprised if PP plays a varsity basketball schedule this year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1290009" timestamp="1349311341"]
More on this ridiculous mess with PP:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/investigates/Sanders-questioned-about-improper-recruiting-at-Prime-Prep-172556771.html

interesting part of the article:

The District 11-3A Executive Committee also met Wednesday to consider eligibility of Prime Prep's entire basketball team... and what a team it would be — made up of some of the nation’s top college recruits, many of them transferring (along with their coach) from one of the top teams in the country last year, Arlington Grace Prep.

To be eligible to play this year, they would have to move into the Dallas ISD attendance zone and could not be recruited.

Sanders insists they all transferred legitimately.

Committee members expressed doubts.

"When I see a whole basketball team transition to another school along with their coach? Now let's talk about the kids, because I'm going to have to go back to Ferris and I'm going to have to tell my kids what's going on,” said Ferris High School head football coach Aaron Emeyabbi.

The committee later inspected, then rejected, every one of Sanders' basketball transfer forms, sending them back for proof of proper residency.

Like I said, I will be very surprised if PP plays a varsity basketball schedule this year.
[/quote]

What a shame.  An innocent group who so scrupulously adhered to  all the rules and still got the shaft.

Another article on the issue:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/matt-wixon/20121003-wixon-allowing-transfers-to-play-at-prime-prep-would-be-a-total-farce.ece

[b]"What it is, if the transfers are ruled eligible, is incredible. If five players can follow their coach to a new school and that’s not considered a transfer for athletic purposes, then transfers need to start being reviewed by something other than a district-level committee.

It will be a total farce"[/b]

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1290280" timestamp="1349365149"]
This is major if The DEC votes against the transfers. You're talking about prime [s]time[/s]...err rib 100% real beef recruits here. Too bad HJ isn't in that region. It would have given their program some hope ;D
[/quote]

According to you, only the above named team and Yates have any chance/hope, so why confine your comments to lowly HJ who doesnt even play real basketball?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1290311" timestamp="1349369005"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=104096.msg1290280#msg1290280 date=1349365149]
This is major if The DEC votes against the transfers. You're talking about prime [s]time[/s]...err rib 100% real beef recruits here. Too bad HJ isn't in that region. It would have given their program some hope ;D
[/quote]

According to you, only the above named team and Yates have any chance/hope, so why confine your comments to lowly HJ who doesnt even play real basketball?
[/quote]LOL! I love you man-nn!!! I still want to see your program meet up with one of them. Would be interesting. Yall got a pretty good ass't coach over there.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1290315" timestamp="1349369316"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=104096.msg1290311#msg1290311 date=1349369005]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=104096.msg1290280#msg1290280 date=1349365149]
[/quote]

[/quote]LOL! I love you man-nn!!! I still want to see your program meet up with one of them. Would be interesting. Yall got a pretty good butt't coach over there.
[/quote]

And why do you want to see a small school playing by the rules play against a large school who is unable/unwilling to field a team under the same guidelines?  I guess this is where I say I would like to see Yates go up against Lamar. ( and before you come back with some cute comment that it would be a contest we both know that is a joke)
Furthermore, so much time and effort has been made to discredit Hj basketball, I really dont understand why anyone ever wants to talk about them.  I never see many conversations about Bridge City basketball or Kirbyville basketball or Deweyville basketball, etc etc etc.  Since HJ,(by virtue of the discrediting process) has been lumped into that arena, why does anyone care if they are capable of winning anything on that weak schedule?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1290325" timestamp="1349370451"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=104096.msg1290315#msg1290315 date=1349369316]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=104096.msg1290311#msg1290311 date=1349369005]
[/quote]

[/quote]LOL! I love you man-nn!!! I still want to see your program meet up with one of them. Would be interesting. Yall got a pretty good butt't coach over there.
[/quote]

And why do you want to see a small school playing by the rules play against a large school who is unable/unwilling to field a team under the same guidelines?  I guess this is where I say I would like to see Yates go up against Lamar. ( and before you come back with some cute comment that it would be a contest we both know that is a joke)
Furthermore, so much time and effort has been made to discredit Hj basketball, I really dont understand why anyone ever wants to talk about them.  I never see many conversations about Bridge City basketball or Kirbyville basketball or Deweyville basketball, etc etc etc.  Since HJ,(by virtue of the discrediting process) has been lumped into that arena, why does anyone care if they are capable of winning anything on that weak schedule?
[/quote] I think ( and mind you this is only an opinion) Silbee's schedule in the past looked to compete against the so-called tougher teams. The perception is that they seek out real competition. HJ's scheduling perception is that they seek out the High Island type of tourneys. But again, this is all just perception from just a *few* members on the forum from what I can tell. But Nash, like you say in so many ways; its not how you start but how you finish ;)

Results from today's DEC meeting:

Three boys basketball players who transferred from Arlington Grace Prep to Prime Prep were ruled ineligible for the 2012-13 season by the 11-3A district executive committee on Wednesday.

Two of the three players ruled ineligible are big-name, high-profile recruits — junior Emmanuel Mudiay (scholarship offers from Kentucky and Kansas) and senior Karviar Shepherd (TCU pledge). Another high-profile player from Grace Prep — senior Jordan Mickey (LSU pledge) — was ruled eligible.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed