Nederland Special Teams

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1289720" timestamp="1349283893"]
With the rule change of bringing the out of end zone kick to the 25,I like the pooch kick option.A good pooch kick will give the other team no better field position than the 35 with the possibility of a fumble on the fair catch attempt.It also forces them to hit the home run against your defense and not your special team.Tanner pooch kicks very well but sometimes he does not hit it well and the out come is ugly.Same can be said about his deep kick.It comes down to execution.It is nice that he has a awesome leg to keep teams honest.
[/quote]

I think the change in rules will lead a lot of coaches to choose the pooch kick route.

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1289715" timestamp="1349283677"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=104082.msg1289679#msg1289679 date=1349282078]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104082.msg1289671#msg1289671 date=1349281820]
I have a question maybe someone can answer. Why, when you have a kicker that can kick out of the end zone everytime, do you call a pooch kick 80% of the time allowing the other team to get the ball anywhere from the 35-50? Over the past couple of years I have only seen 2 or 3 times where it's worked in our favor and they fumbled. I would much rather know that everytime they have to start at the 25.

I know someone is going to come back and say "why don't you be the coach and blah blah blah." I'm just asking a legitimate question.
[/quote]

You know of a high shool kicker that can KICK IT OUT OF THE END ZONE every time?  Please post that name because there will be a lot of scouts wanting to see that. ???
[/quote]Hijack  Hijack,  yea that's right dayton is doing another thread hijacking because we have a kicker that can kick out end zone 97% of the time: JUAN CARRANCO and he is heavily scouted.  He just kicked a 50 yrd FG in the last game.  His longest is 52 yrds twice last year.  8)  He has also put it thru the up rights a couple times on a kick off from the normal 40 yrd line.
[/quote]Guess I'll go back and talk smack in 19 4a threads because ya'll are no fun.  :o ;D Good luck with Livingston you might need a good kicker... ;)

Noel has executed several good pooch kicks.  The dude plays soccer and should be able to throw the dang ball up so high that his cover team could catch it or at a minimum the receiving team has to fair catch at the 30ish.  That is the correct high percentage play when the air is heavy or kicking into the wind and touchbacks are not guaranteed as was the case Friday night in that environment. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn