Goose Creek Memorial at Texas City Game Thread/Texas City wins 49-32

WOSgrad

You do have a great point about the RB from last night, he didnt want contact you could see that.  I think we would actually be at our best if it was by committee, like who has the hot hand.  That way everyone is fresh.  What worries me more is the lack of a dominant FB.
Im still not sure which starters on defense you are talking about.  From what i saw personally at the game was a couple get hurt.  Plus we gave up 31 points in the first half so i dont think anyones job should have been safe in the 2nd half.  I think it should have been the 11 most committeed to tackling the ball carrier not just falling down.
We have got to find away to get our defense solid.  It really comes down to the kids wanting to make tackles.  Nobody can do that for them.
I also am not sure which players you are calling favorites.  I think you said earlier your son is a senior so you have been around longer than me to form that opinion.  Also not sure who keeps getting broken down, all i get is information from my son.
I think that we are still headed to the playoffs if we can keep laying those bricks.

The biggest thing is I hope the kids can get some support for the team at home.  I know like you have said in your messages they are building it brick by brick.  That can all be undone real quick if they go home and their parents sit there and bad mouth their coaches.  I didnt go to school to coach, i choose a more labor intensive job (of watching a screen at a plant) haha.  So really all i have are my opinions and have to believe that these guys really have my son's and the teams best interest at heart not some petty favorites or whatever.

Fear the Goose - Brick by Brick

[quote name="GCMproud" post="1286849" timestamp="1348970391"]
You do have a great point about the RB from last night, he didnt want contact you could see that.  I think we would actually be at our best if it was by committee, like who has the hot hand.  That way everyone is fresh.  What worries me more is the lack of a dominant FB.
Im still not sure which starters on defense you are talking about.  From what i saw personally at the game was a couple get hurt.  Plus we gave up 31 points in the first half so i dont think anyones job should have been safe in the 2nd half.  I think it should have been the 11 most committeed to tackling the ball carrier not just falling down.
We have got to find away to get our defense solid.  It really comes down to the kids wanting to make tackles.  Nobody can do that for them.
I also am not sure which players you are calling favorites.  I think you said earlier your son is a senior so you have been around longer than me to form that opinion.  Also not sure who keeps getting broken down, all i get is information from my son.
I think that we are still headed to the playoffs if we can keep laying those bricks.
[/quote]
I agree that whoever has the hot hand should play and yes we do need to learn how to tackle but I am a firm believer in the phrase " you play like you practice" with that being said if the kids never go full pads in practice and learn how to tackle then that transfers to the game. Ive also noticed that a lot of the guys are being moved around a lot on defense IMO you get better with repetitiveness not so much switching positions week to week. But hey I hope we can get things together and make the playoffs.

[quote name="GCMproud" post="1286851" timestamp="1348970603"]
The biggest thing is I hope the kids can get some support for the team at home.  I know like you have said in your messages they are building it brick by brick.  That can all be undone real quick if they go home and their parents sit there and bad mouth their coaches.  I didnt go to school to coach, i choose a more labor intensive job (of watching a screen at a plant) haha.  So really all i have are my opinions and have to believe that these guys really have my son's and the teams best interest at heart not some petty favorites or whatever.

Fear the Goose - Brick by Brick
[/quote]
I never bad my the coaches in front of my son nor do i teach my son to disrespect his elders he will do anything that coach boyd asks of him and be proud to do it. The thing is that my son and a few of the players on the team have been playing together since they were in optimist and i have never seen them hang their heads until now. there is a problem somewhere. my son is a junior he has another year to play and i just like you want the coaches to have my son's and the teams best interest at heart. I'm just going off what this group of kids are telling me.

I know gcm very well and let me say you can not make judgements unless you are on that field or in the locker room each and everyday. In order to be successful at gcm you have to build relationships with your players. They have to believe that you have their best interest at heart. You do that and they will love you and play their hardest. But with that being said gcm kids can bring a lot of baggage from outside the program. That is why as coaches they must be taught how to be men of integrity. Which requires a strong Christian coach. Does gcm have that?

i really dont know. but ive heard good things about coach but and the times ive met him he was nice. i just question some of his decisions but hey im no coach but im entitled to my own opinion. i would like to hope that he is a christian man and have our kids best interest at heart.

We will have to be beat Lee, Ball, GP & Santa Fe for a trip to the playoffs.  I believe we will, but first up is Lee.  I think we handle this one if we limited our mistakes and stay focused, don't let become anything other than a normal district game that we have to win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa