Down goes almighty #1 5A Lake Travis!!!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1278697" timestamp="1348286931"]
Writing off a team that has a FISTFULL of State Championship rings in any class is a [i]massive[/i] mistake. This season is FAR from over for LT.  8)
[/quote]Oh Buc if you knew the pre-season talk, the season was [b]already [/b] over and LT was the [b]2012 UNDEFEATED State Champs[/b] coming up from big & bad 4A (per LT fans) ;)

Unranked A&M Consolidated won 30-28 7mary3.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1278806" timestamp="1348293214"]
You know whats funny, "the missing/injured" starters wasnt brought up until they lost, sorta like when they lost to Aledo couple years ago. Funny how that pops up after a loss. Just saying  ;)
[/quote]

I know it's part of the game, but still.  All you can pick on is one loss?  They are going for their 6th straight, and with several different coaches might I add.  I have mad respect for anybody that can do that.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1278808" timestamp="1348293780"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1278806#msg1278806 date=1348293214]
You know whats funny, "the missing/injured" starters wasnt brought up until they lost, sorta like when they lost to Aledo couple years ago. Funny how that pops up after a loss. Just saying  ;)
[/quote]

I know it's part of the game, but still.  All you can pick on is one loss?  They are going for their 6th straight, and with several different coaches might I add.  I have mad respect for anybody that can do that.
[/quote]I would too if most in their fan base didnt crown them 5A D2 State Champs after re-alignment based off what they did in 4A.  ;) LT isnt SLC (who moved up from 4A to 5A and went undefeated and won state first year in)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1278808" timestamp="1348293780"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1278806#msg1278806 date=1348293214]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm NOT a LT supporter or even fan, but you gotta respect their track record. Being at the top makes you a target every week, that makes it even tougher.

I think the success they (LT) had in 4A (Manvel included) had some thinking they would just run amuck (sp) in 5A. I knew Manvel was overrated just by what region they're in, but LT----> I thought they would get their karma issued after the regular season, came a bit earlier than i expected. I would love to see [b]Longview[/b] have a shot at them come playoff time this year, a team i expect to win the 5A D2 State Title.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1278816" timestamp="1348294360"]
I think the success they (LT) had in 4A (Manvel included) had some thinking they would just run amuck (sp) in 5A. I knew Manvel was overrated just by what region they're in, but LT----> I thought they would get their karma issued after the regular season, came a bit earlier than i expected. I would love to see [b]Longview[/b] have a shot at them come playoff time this year, a team i expect to win the 5A D2 State Title.
[/quote]

One of LT's 4A titles was against Longview, and Longview got hammered.  2-0 all time against the Lobos.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1278827" timestamp="1348295427"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1278816#msg1278816 date=1348294360]
[/quote]

One of LT's 4A titles was against Longview, and Longview got hammered.  2-0 all time against the Lobos.
[/quote]Yeah, i watched that game, but im talking bout this year, not back then.  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1278829" timestamp="1348296187"]
No matter classification, there are just schools that can play with anybody.  5A doesn't make that much of a difference.  IMO, the talent isn't any better, [b]there are just more good teams[/b].
[/quote]You proved my point, i wish LT fans knew exactly what you just pointed out sir.  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1278831" timestamp="1348296505"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=103504.msg1278829#msg1278829 date=1348296187]
No matter classification, there are just schools that can play with anybody.  5A doesn't make that much of a difference.  IMO, the talent isn't any better, [b]there are just more good teams[/b].
[/quote]You proved my point, i wish LT fans knew exactly what you just pointed out sir.  8)
[/quote]

Ok, well here's my point....  What I'm saying is, these teams still manage to be succesful no matter how many good teams they face. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1278833" timestamp="1348297737"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1278831#msg1278831 date=1348296505]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=103504.msg1278829#msg1278829 date=1348296187]
[/quote]

Ok, well here's my point....  What I'm saying is, these teams still manage to be succesful no matter how many good teams they face.
[/quote] I cant say they're successful in 5A yet, first year only few weeks in.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1278816" timestamp="1348294360"]
I think the success they (LT) had in 4A [b](Manvel included) had some thinking they would just run amuck (sp) in 5A. I knew Manvel was overrated just by what region they're in[/b], but LT----> I thought they would get their karma issued after the regular season, came a bit earlier than i expected. I would love to see [b]Longview[/b] have a shot at them come playoff time this year, a team i expect to win the 5A D2 State Title.
[/quote]Why do you always have to bring up Manvel? Are you just seriously that jealous of teams that win a few ball games and go to Jerry's World.  Manvel has only been around 5 years... THAT'S IT! Never played PAM and we have only faced PNG and Dayton from this SETX forum. So why all the hate?  Do you fear that Manvel pose a serious threat to PAM in the Region 3 playoffs? What's the real reason?
How does Manvel first 5 years compare to PAM'S first 5 years anyway?  How many playoff runs? A trip to state?  I really don't know.  I just don't remember much PAM press back then. 
As for this year... Yes North Shore wore us down and kicked our tail.  We never got online crying about several starters out, freshman playing at Wr and Safety etc... We loss!  But guess what?  I have had the pleasure of watching both PAM and North Shore play and I will bet my house to a bag of peanuts that North Shore kick PAM tail as well.
Hopefully PAM and Manvel meet up in the playoffs so you can leave that stadium posting:
"Manvel is overrated, but they just beat the crap out of PAM".
HOKA HEY!!!

If I may, I think what Buddy is trying to convey is how arrogant LT fans are.

Being from Austin, I can corroborate that story.

They think they season should start at week 11 and all the pre-dist/dist games are a formality.

To this point, they're pretty much right.  But it's their attitude that wears on people.

The kids are always strapped up and the coaches coach their butts off, TONS of respect to the program. They're a dynasty!  You cant argue that.

But the fans are always crowning the kids before they take a snap based on history, and thats annoying.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder