Down goes almighty #1 5A Lake Travis!!!

LT use to suck.  The community and new coaching staff turned the program around 7 or 8 years ago.  Now they have tremendous pride in the program as they should.  I've been to a few of their games and their fans have been great.  Lots of jealousy here.  So what if some of their fans are arrogant.  You are gonna have that everywhere.  They have dominated TX football for 5 yrs straight.  The product on the field is first class.  Get over it .... or beat them.

[quote name="finger roll" post="1278967" timestamp="1348327311"]
LT use to suck.  The community and new coaching staff turned the program around 7 or 8 years ago.  Now they have tremendous pride in the program as they should.  I've been to a few of their games and their fans have been great.  Lots of jealousy here.  So what if some of their fans are arrogant.  You are gonna have that everywhere.  They have dominated TX football for 5 yrs straight.  The product on the field is first class.  Get over it .... or beat them.
[/quote]

+1 
I agree.  If you're good, you're good....  They have always been a class act IMO.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1278899" timestamp="1348318954"]
If I may, I think what Buddy is trying to convey is how arrogant LT fans are.

Being from Austin, I can corroborate that story.

They think they season should start at week 11 and all the pre-dist/dist games are a formality.

To this point, they're pretty much right.  But it's their attitude that wears on people.

The kids are always strapped up and the coaches coach their butts off, TONS of respect to the program. They're a dynasty!  You cant argue that.

But the fans are always crowning the kids before they take a snap based on history, and thats annoying.
[/quote]BINGO!!! +1

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1279207" timestamp="1348344886"]
They expect to get there every year.....just as Permian did back in the day........Buddy, you have had a signature here for quite sometime talking about a rematch in December.......that isn't at least a little arrogant?
[/quote]Nope not at all, but blaming a loss on injuries not even brought up during the week is kinda shady IMO  ;)

Seems like every time almighty LT loses its about 5-9 starters that somehow didnt play. Weird aint it?  ;)

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1279207" timestamp="1348344886"]
[color=red][u][b]They expect [/b][/u][/color]to get there every year.....just as Permian did back in the day........Buddy, you have had a signature here for quite sometime talking about a rematch in December.......that isn't at least a little arrogant?
[/quote]

His signature isn't arrogant at all. It simply explains what we as a community, school and program [color=red][u][b]EXPECT[/b][/u][/color] this season.

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1279266" timestamp="1348348902"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=103504.msg1279207#msg1279207 date=1348344886]
[color=red][u][b]They expect [/b][/u][/color]to get there every year.....just as Permian did back in the day........Buddy, you have had a signature here for quite sometime talking about a rematch in December.......that isn't at least a little arrogant?
[/quote]

His signature isn't arrogant at all. It simply explains what we as a community, school and program [color=red][u][b]EXPECT[/b][/u][/color] this season.
[/quote].......and that is [b]VERY[/b] different from winning a hand full of state titles in 4A, moving up to 5A, unloading a whole bunch of crap talk on certain sites and social media (facebook & twitter) about how you're gonna run 5A in your first season with the big boys ([b]undefeated [/b] 2012 state champs) before you even play your 5A schedule, losing a game then blaming it on unknown injuries and JV players. But thats just my opinion though. *shrugs*  8)

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1279266" timestamp="1348348902"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=103504.msg1279207#msg1279207 date=1348344886]
[/quote]

[/quote]
What some people call arogance others call expectations......I agree with you Ghost, I think the community should expect........others may call it arrogant. LT fans were referred to as being arrogant earlier for the same thing you are saying you as a fan expect.

Dayton fans expect their team to win district and go deep in the playoffs.......I do not think that is arrogant

as good as LT is, i can't believe anyone would think they'd run the table their first year in 5-a. yes their fans will talk it and hope(and why wouldn't they), but realistically? who knows. but it does make for great conversasion and put some things in prespective to have an L in week 3. they aint used to that of late.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1279347" timestamp="1348355937"]
as good as LT is, i can't believe anyone would think they'd run the table their first year in 5-a. yes their fans will talk it and hope(and why wouldn't they), but realistically? who knows. but it does make for great conversasion and [b]put some things in prespective to have an L in week 3[/b]. they aint used to that of late.
[/quote]

I THINK ITS GOOD FOR EM. COMPETITION NATURALLY IS GONNA BE BETTER IN 5A WITH THA BIG BOYS AND TO LOSE EARLY WILL SERVE AS A WAKE UP CALL.  ;) :D :D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1279443" timestamp="1348362531"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103504.msg1279347#msg1279347 date=1348355937]
as good as LT is, i can't believe anyone would think they'd run the table their first year in 5-a. yes their fans will talk it and hope(and why wouldn't they), but realistically? who knows. but it does make for great conversasion and [b]put some things in prespective to have an L in week 3[/b]. they aint used to that of late.
[/quote]

I THINK ITS GOOD FOR EM. COMPETITION NATURALLY IS GONNA BE BETTER IN 5A WITH THA BIG BOYS AND TO LOSE EARLY WILL SERVE AS A WAKE UP CALL.  ;) :D :D
[/quote] after all what i seen today i think their fan base has been humbled.  ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="finger roll" post="1278861" timestamp="1348310616"]
Wow....somebody's turning green with jealousy here.
[/quote]

Thats it. It tears some people up when a team like LT, SLC, or Katy has big successes. Same people hated on Austin Westlake for years. Now if a Trinity, Skyline, Hightower, etc. wins, its all good.  ::)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1279467" timestamp="1348363467"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=103504.msg1278861#msg1278861 date=1348310616]
Wow....somebody's turning green with jealousy here.
[/quote]

Thats it. It tears some people up when a team like LT, SLC, or Katy has big successes. Same people hated on Austin Westlake for years. Now if a Trinity, Skyline, Hightower, etc. wins, its all good.  ::)
[/quote] I dont think anybody on this thread is jealous of LT but [b]i do find it hilarious there is always 1,001 excuses as in injuries every time they lose[/b], maybe the other team was just better. Just a thought.  ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1279471" timestamp="1348363686"]
I dont think anybody on this thread is jealous of LT but [b]i do find it hilarious there is always 1,001 excuses as in injuries every time they lose[/b], maybe the other team was just better. Just a thought.  ;)
[/quote]

Uh, yeah, LOTS of people across Texas are jealous of LT. How many others have won 5 SC's lately?  ;)

Also, I did not make a [i]single[/i] excuse for LT, much less "1001" of them.  ::)  Even if LT went 0-for the rest of this decade, they are still much more successful that 99% of TX highschools. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1279522" timestamp="1348365896"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1279471#msg1279471 date=1348363686]
I dont think anybody on this thread is jealous of LT but [b]i do find it hilarious there is always 1,001 excuses as in injuries every time they lose[/b], maybe the other team was just better. Just a thought.  ;)
[/quote]

Uh, yeah, LOTS of people across Texas are jealous of LT. How many others have won 5 SC's lately?  ;)

Also, I did not make a [i]single[/i] excuse for LT, much less "1001" of them.  ::)  Even if LT went 0-for the rest of this decade, they are still much more successful that 99% of TX highschools.
[/quote]didnt say you did sir, but if you knew the fan base and was aware of the "talk" you would know.  ;)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1279522" timestamp="1348365896"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1279471#msg1279471 date=1348363686]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The two fans you're talking to here have successful programs...did we win 5x state championships, no...but we're not jealous, at least Im not

LT is great...their fans suck

I grew up in Dayton, now live in Allen via Austin...I'll never think I'm better than anybody.  Thats where they miss the boat. Allen is an awesome program as well...still not as entitled as LT fans.

Has nothing to do w/ the team/coaches/program. Its the fans/parents that are the conceited ones.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1279538" timestamp="1348366439"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=103504.msg1279522#msg1279522 date=1348365896]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The two fans you're talking to here have successful programs...did we win 5x state championships, no...but we're not jealous, at least Im not

LT is great...their fans suck

I grew up in Dayton, now live in Allen via Austin...I'll never think I'm better than anybody.  Thats where they miss the boat. Allen is an awesome program as well...still not as entitled as LT fans.

Has nothing to do w/ the team/coaches/program. Its the fans/parents that are the conceited ones.
[/quote] ;)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1279541" timestamp="1348366579"]
[/quote]

Exactly. Its the umm, "type" of people in a LT, SLC, etc. you don't like, so you resent their teams successes.   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1279553" timestamp="1348367203"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1279541#msg1279541 date=1348366579]
[/quote]

Exactly. Its the umm, "type" of people in a LT, SLC, etc. you don't like, so you resent their teams successes. 
[/quote]funny thing is who is resenting their success? I cant find them on this thread. Like i stated before, if you know the "talk" then you know.  ;) 8)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1279553" timestamp="1348367203"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103504.msg1279541#msg1279541 date=1348366579]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Read back...I have nothing but respect for the team...

Hows Winnie doing these days?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124