Hull-Daisetta at Lovelady Game Thread/Hull-Daisetta wins 10-7!

WOSgrad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HA!  You HD clowns ( some of you ) are something else!  All week you've blabbered about the comparison score between Alto/Groveton and HD/Groveton.  Well. I've got something you can compare as well!  Yall beat Lovelady by 3 and Grapeland beat Lovelady by 2.  Going by you guys assumption that would mean yall are about on par with the Sandies right?  Well Elkhart blasted Grapeland 49-2 and Alto hung 50+ on Elkhart!  Grapeland wont even make the playoffs in our district. 

Now before some of you come on here ranting and raving just remember, YALL are the ones who want to compare scores and just!  Peace out! 8)

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1278879" timestamp="1348316049"]
HA!  You HD clowns ( some of you ) are something else!  All week you've blabbered about the comparison score between Alto/Groveton and HD/Groveton.  Well. I've got something you can compare as well!  Yall beat Lovelady by 3 and Grapeland beat Lovelady by 2.  Going by you guys assumption that would mean yall are about on par with the Sandies right?  Well Elkhart blasted Grapeland 49-2 and Alto hung 50+ on Elkhart!  Grapeland wont even make the playoffs in our district. 

Now before some of you come on here ranting and raving just remember, YALL are the ones who want to compare scores and just!  Peace out! 8)
[/quote]Somebody get the license plate number of that 18 wheeler that ran over Alto 2 weeks ago!! Oh my bad, that was the Groveton Indians 40-20!!  ;D HD will be ready for Alto! HD NATION!!  ;) 8)

This was the wierdest football game I've seen in years.  Neither team could move the ball with any consistency so they had to wait for the big mistake to score.  I don't think the two teams combined had 250 yards of offense.

H-D has great size for a 1a and a couple of good players but not much speed.  LL doesn't have much size or speed and is the least talented LL team in the last 10 years.  LL only returned 3 starters from last year and played a lot of soph/fresh.

The scoring plays were a 79-yard interception return for a TD, a blocked punt for a TD, and a fumble returned to the LL 12 that resulted in a FG.  Overall, it was a comedy of errors on LL's side.  I don't see either team doing too much this year.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1278918" timestamp="1348322015"]
[quote author=AltoJacketFan5 link=topic=103469.msg1278879#msg1278879 date=1348316049]

[/quote]Somebody get the license plate number of that 18 wheeler that ran over Alto 2 weeks ago!! Oh my bad, that was the Groveton Indians 40-20!!  ;D HD will be ready for Alto! HD NATION!!  ;) 8)
[/quote]

Yeah and I got that Kountze license plate as well!  HD = the king of 1 and done come playof time!

[quote name="ThirdnLong" post="1278919" timestamp="1348322089"]
This was the wierdest football game I've seen in years.  Neither team could move the ball with any consistency so they had to wait for the big mistake to score.  I don't think the two teams combined had 250 yards of offense.

H-D has great size for a 1a and a couple of good players but not much speed.  LL doesn't have much size or speed and is the least talented LL team in the last 10 years.  LL only returned 3 starters from last year and played a lot of soph/fresh.

The scoring plays were a 79-yard interception return for a TD, a blocked punt for a TD, and a fumble returned to the LL 12 that resulted in a FG.  Overall, it was a comedy of errors on LL's side.  I don't see either team doing too much this year.
[/quote]Just so you know. HD's #22 Lavalais and #25 Drake played maybe the 1st quarter. Lavalais will be the district MVP and Drake will be 1st team all-district LB/FB. Lavalais I believe had a minor injury and Drake was ejected from the game early on. HD is a whole different team with those two beast playing. I will say Espree and Redman both played great and stepped up big time. Great job guys. HD will win district and go deep in playoffs. HD has to work on finishing drives. Turnovers have killed us 2 weeks straight. No way HD should ever be stopped on 4th and 1. Way to much size for that.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1278879" timestamp="1348316049"]

[/quote]

This is just goofy. We were comparing the only common opponent of HD and Alto up to this point which was Groveton, who played the Jackets and Bobcats in back to back weeks. I would think that would give some comparison as to where each team stands. Groveton beat Alto by 20 and beat HD by 6. HD only gave up one offensive touchdown to Groveton, Alto gave up 5.

When you start comparing teams two or three links away, it goes out the window. Lovelady barely lost to New Waverly (12-6), yet New Waverly crushed Trinity (35-13), who beat Groveton (21-13), who smoked Alto (40-20). By that logic Lovelady is head and shoulders better than Alto.... but that's just not how it works. Hull-Daisetta will play with Alto, or San Augustine, or West Sabine or whoever comes out of that district.

If I was Alto, I'd be focused on making the playoffs in that district. An 0-3 Shelbyville team just beat Groveton who beat HD and Alto. Alto, SA, WS, Shelbyville, and Grapeland look like they could all show up and play with anyone on any given night.

I'm definitely not hating on Alto, and I think they have a very good team this year, but so does Hull-Daisetta. Good luck on the rest of the year and we may run into ya'll come playoff time.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1278960" timestamp="1348326740"]
[quote author=ThirdnLong link=topic=103469.msg1278919#msg1278919 date=1348322089]

[/quote]Just so you know. HD's #22 Lavalais and #25 Drake played maybe the 1st quarter. Lavalais will be the district MVP and Drake will be 1st team all-district LB/FB. Lavalais I believe had a minor injury and Drake was ejected from the game early on. HD is a whole different team with those two beast playing. I will say Espree and Redman both played great and stepped up big time. Great job guys. HD will win district and go deep in playoffs. HD has to work on finishing drives. Turnovers have killed us 2 weeks straight. No way HD should ever be stopped on 4th and 1. Way to much size for that.
[/quote]

I was at the game, and don't take this the wrong way, but you made this up.

Drake got ejected in the first, but Lavalais played the whole game.  He played on both sides of the ball.  He was bottled up running the ball, but played good defense.  Not sure why you are telling people that Lavalais didn't play.  HD almost got their butts whipped by a subpar Lovelady team.  If HD doesn't find some emotion, and some "want to", they might not even win this weak district.  I love the coaches, and agree that HD has enough talent to be a really good team, but the players aren't engaged.  Anyone who has been at the games can see their lack of interest.  They lollygag out onto the field, they lollygag between plays, no hustle, no passion, very little heart.  They have to correct this if they play to be competitive with the good teams on their schedule.  Face it 55, this is not the HD of old.  In order to get back to that, those players attitudes have to change drastically.  How to do that????  That's the million dollar question.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1279023" timestamp="1348331212"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=103469.msg1278960#msg1278960 date=1348326740]
[quote author=ThirdnLong link=topic=103469.msg1278919#msg1278919 date=1348322089]

[/quote]

I was at the game, and don't take this the wrong way, but you made this up.

Drake got ejected in the first, but Lavalais played the whole game.  He played on both sides of the ball.  He was bottled up running the ball, but played good defense.  Not sure why you are telling people that Lavalais didn't play.  HD almost got their butts whipped by a subpar Lovelady team.  If HD doesn't find some emotion, and some "want to", they might not even win this weak district.  I love the coaches, and agree that HD has enough talent to be a really good team, but the players aren't engaged.  Anyone who has been at the games can see their lack of interest.  They lollygag out onto the field, they lollygag between plays, no hustle, no passion, very little heart.  They have to correct this if they play to be competitive with the good teams on their schedule.  Face it 55, this is not the HD of old.  In order to get back to that, those players attitudes have to change drastically.  How to do that????  That's the million dollar question.
[/quote]I do apologize for the bad info on Lavalais. I could not attend do to my turnaround project in Port Arthur. I had a "female" family member at the game that said she seen Lavalais down on the sideline early. Also I never heard them call his name but in the 1st quarter on the radio. I assumed he was hurt. Thanks for the info. I understand your emotions are running high and you expect more out of the Bobcats. I believe District play will be better. Good post by the way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami