District 10-2A div 1

BBfan061

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda have t go along the same lines of top three being Newton, EC, Kountze...no particular order.  How it falls out after number three does not really matter because no post season play is on the table.  KJ123, I agree with you on Kountze.  One week at a time, beat Hardin, then focus on the next in line. I will say Kountze is the most improved team in 10-2A Div 1 at this point.  I will also opine on the the fact that Kountze is a very well rounded team. They can hurt you from both sides of the ball and special teams.  When you can score on special teams...well that's just gravy! (Brown gravy with the trimmings) It is a long season and Kountze will have to continue to develop and make adjustments. If they do that Kountze has the ability to do something special.  No question that Newton and EC will be in the mix, because they are quality teams.  Hardin struggles, Warren struggles, Anahauc struggles, Woodville, Kirbyville and Kountze is the battle front. I think Kountze will come out of that on top. You ask why? As I stated above...Kountze will come at you from every angle...you cant target anything specific, to many weapons, to much speed and back that up with size. Complement that with a very good special teams and you have the makings of a successful season.  Newton and EC best not over look Kirbyville or Kountze because they have the ability to beat you.  It's all good, time will tell, but things should shape up to be a very fun year in 10-2A Div 1. Good luck to everybody and may the Lord protect our Players, Coaches and Fans! GO LIONS 

[quote name="sport1971" post="1275081" timestamp="1347981684"]
I kinda have t go along the same lines of top three being Newton, EC, Kountze...no particular order.  How it falls out after number three does not really matter because no post season play is on the table.  KJ123, I agree with you on Kountze.  One week at a time, beat Hardin, then focus on the next in line. I will say Kountze is the most improved team in 10-2A Div 1 at this point.  I will also opine on the the fact that Kountze is a very well rounded team. They can hurt you from both sides of the ball and special teams.  When you can score on special teams...well that's just gravy! (Brown gravy with the trimmings) It is a long season and Kountze will have to continue to develop and make adjustments. If they do that Kountze has the ability to do something special.  No question that Newton and EC will be in the mix, because they are quality teams.  Hardin struggles, Warren struggles, Anahauc struggles, Woodville, Kirbyville and Kountze is the battle front. I think Kountze will come out of that on top. You ask why? As I stated above...Kountze will come at you from every angle...you cant target anything specific, to many weapons, to much speed and back that up with size. Complement that with a very good special teams and you have the makings of a successful season.  Newton and EC best not over look Kirbyville or Kountze because they have the ability to beat you.  It's all good, time will tell, but things should shape up to be a very fun year in 10-2A Div 1. Good luck to everybody and may the Lord protect our Players, Coaches and Fans! GO LIONS
[/quote]Good post 1971. I like the (O'reilly) opine and the quick little prayer at the end. Very good explaination of your opion. Good luck and God bless ya up there in Kountze. ;D

Guest EagleFan01
I understand that everyone is excited about Kountze but lets not get crazy here folks they have yet to play a good team.  They have played some ok 1A schools and a below average 2A school. When they compete with a good 2A school or beat one then I will drink the kool aid.. With that being said the other teams below Newton and EC or not very good so they have a real good chance to finish 3rd.  Thats if they can beat a not so good Kirbyville team to take 3rd.

Shepherd is a below average 3A thats improved alot..Trinity is a small but decent 2A..you prolly haven't seen Kountze.. ive watched Kountze for years and this will end up being one of the best teams Kountze has had. Im not saying Kountze will beat EC or Newton.. But Kountze will compete for the third spot and will not lay down to any team they play...one game at a time Good luck to every team next week starting next week and prayers for no injuries..GO LIONS

[quote name="GATA" post="1276208" timestamp="1348087960"]
i  would like to see kountze make the playoffs, that being said 1)newton 2)EC 3)kountze.....
[/quote]I will take that,hope and pray it happens going to be a up hill climb...mud,snow and barb wire these boys are determined.good luck kountze and all teams stay healthy so we have no well if so and so wasn't hurt..

This year should be a special year for Kountze Lions when one see's the point of conception and has followed this team...It is very rare to witness the likes of what has been no less than a spectacular transformation in the Football program.  I give a great deal of credit to the coaches, because they are the foundation for attitude and confidence.  Coach Franklin has added coaches as well as integrated existing personnel.  He has cooked up one heck of a gumbo and so far it taste great. In addition, I give the players a great deal of credit as well, they have given of themselves freely when it comes to this program.  They have owned it because they feel it is their program.  They have bought into Coach Franklin's system; a system that has nurtured a winning attitude that is team oriented.  They win for the guy fighting next to them, they win for the advancement of the team.  I say this because I listen to them and their responses to one another...if one gets down three pick him up...if the defense gets down and stumble...the offense catches the slack...if the offense sputters than the defense steps up...it is a real pleasure to watch a bunch of young men actually get it! Playoffs or not these kids are winners for just getting to the point they are at now and for having ever changed their lives from the experience gained and confidence instilled.  I hope they do get a chance to end the no playoff streak, it would be well deserved.

Guest hardin01
Would love to have that brewing in Hardin. We are still 6-10 years away before the talent pool reaches Varsity level.

Nobody wants to play Hardin, from 2020-2023.

These kids are unbelievable, so until then. I will sit back and watch everyone else be victorious.

[quote name="hardin01" post="1276481" timestamp="1348131375"]
Would love to have that brewing in Hardin. We are still 6-10 years away before the talent pool reaches Varsity level.

These kids are unbelievable, so until then. I will sit back and watch everyone else be victorious.
[/quote] congrats. But over 8 yrs away and a lot changes in 8 yrs. 

[quote name="hardin01" post="1276481" timestamp="1348131375"]

[/quote]

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen since Kvillecats was banned. 6-10 yrs. No way can kids be judged about athletic talent coming in 6-10 years. Love to have it in Hardin? New coach over there and this is your idea of support for your team? Pitiful.

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1277357" timestamp="1348230412"]
Newton hasn't showed up the last couple of years vs EC,  I'm betting they will this year.
[/quote]You don't think Newton tried their very best to beat EC the last couple of years and do think they will this year. Its going to be a good game.

[quote name="wackpack" post="1277373" timestamp="1348232197"]
[quote author=Back2swag link=topic=103298.msg1277357#msg1277357 date=1348230412]
Newton hasn't showed up the last couple of years vs EC,  I'm betting they will this year.
[/quote] or could  it be that Ec did show up ?
[/quote]
Hmm very true

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder