Livingston vs Silsbee

BADSANTA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1273866" timestamp="1347845248"]
Aggie inthini to add to that if the Tiger WR's can hold on to some of those dropped balls, they could have a WR over 1000yds. When is the last time a Tiger WR did that? Been a while since they had a back over. 1000 as well. Who was the last? Mark Farr?
[/quote]

Desmond Doss had over 1000 yards receiving in '04, Silsbee's first year as 3A. Desmond was district MVP.

Last 1,000 yard rusher for Silsbee was Harper, played QB in '06 season.

Jordan Holmes has the opportunity to have 1000 yards receiving this season. Just cannot have games like PNG and Lumberton. He already has 270 yards receiving. That's an average of 90 a game. That pace would put him around 1000 after 11 games.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1273866" timestamp="1347845248"]
Aggie to add to that if the Tiger WR's can hold on to some of those dropped balls, they could have a WR over 1000yds. When is the last time a Tiger WR did that? Been a while since they had a back over 1000 as well. Who was the last? Mark Farr?
[/quote]

I agree! I haven't had the chance to watch a game but with some of the speed I have seen on the highlights, Silsbee has some very good talent. With Garcia, Jackson, and Holmes holding on to the ball, Silsbee's ground game could get very dangerous. Also Seth Adams seems to be a beast up front! Is a junior as well? If he keeps that kind of play up he will be at the next level getting a free education.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1273882" timestamp="1347846412"]
I agree! I haven't had the chance to watch a game but with some of the speed I have seen on the highlights, Silsbee has some very good talent. With Garcia, Jackson, and Holmes holding on to the ball, Silsbee's ground game could get very dangerous. Also Seth Adams seems to be a beast up front! [b]Is a junior as well[/b]? If he keeps that kind of play up he will be at the next level getting a free education.
[/quote]

Yes, Adams is a junior and a BEAST!!!! He will play at the next level.

Also, might I add that right tackle Kannon Mackey is a junior and he will most definitely play at the next level. One of the best o-lineman we have had in quite some time. '6"4, 265lb and counting.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1273890" timestamp="1347846971"]
I picked Silsbee to go 8-2 in the regular season and roll 3 rounds deep in the playoffs. Without any major injuries, this is the year Silsbee beats Huffman and [b]Navasota[/b].
[/quote]

Silsbee will probably not have to worry about Navasota. Looks like Navasota will go DII.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1273793" timestamp="1347838315"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=103223.msg1273743#msg1273743 date=1347832530]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=103223.msg1273519#msg1273519 date=1347795593]
Well i was being cool and just simply making a pick, but the fact of the matter is that Livingston won't schedule us because We would smash y'all like we did back in the 90's.  I just think Silsbee is a better team than Livingston.  You can believe Coach Barbay will have the boys ready for LCM
[/quote]You don't have to be cool, you just need to understand this is not the 90's and the reason we don't schedule Coldspring is because we don't have anything to gain by beating up on our little sister. ;D ;)
[/quote]
Bull Spit! The reason ya'll don't schedule Coldspring is because your coach knows he would get spanked and it would make him look bad.  Barbay practically begged Rowe to play a pre-district game, so that we would not have to travel 2 plus hours every week to find a team that is not scared to play us.  Rowe was chicken and you know it.  Call it what you want.  We asked, ya'll refused!
[/quote] I think Coldsprings is pretty lucky they didnt get to play Livingston in the Pre season last year ;)

[quote name="Lisfranc" post="1273932" timestamp="1347850014"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=103223.msg1273793#msg1273793 date=1347838315]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=103223.msg1273743#msg1273743 date=1347832530]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=103223.msg1273519#msg1273519 date=1347795593]
Well i was being cool and just simply making a pick, but the fact of the matter is that Livingston won't schedule us because We would smash y'all like we did back in the 90's.  I just think Silsbee is a better team than Livingston.  You can believe Coach Barbay will have the boys ready for LCM
[/quote]You don't have to be cool, you just need to understand this is not the 90's and the reason we don't schedule Coldspring is because we don't have anything to gain by beating up on our little sister. ;D ;)
[/quote]
Bull Spit! The reason ya'll don't schedule Coldspring is because your coach knows he would get spanked and it would make him look bad.  Barbay practically begged Rowe to play a pre-district game, so that we would not have to travel 2 plus hours every week to find a team that is not scared to play us.  Rowe was chicken and you know it.  Call it what you want.  We asked, ya'll refused!
[/quote] I think Coldsprings is pretty lucky they didnt get to play Livingston in the Pre season last year ;)
[/quote]I agree ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1273890" timestamp="1347846971"]
I picked Silsbee to go 8-2 in the regular season and roll 3 rounds deep in the playoffs. Without any major injuries, this is the year Silsbee beats Huffman and Navasota.
[/quote]That's to far in lala land, talking about Navasota, Huffman maybe. :D 

I remember back in 1996 when Silsbee went down to Livingston and they stopped Silsbee on 4 straight downs from the 1 yard line. Silsbee's backfield was Detrice Spearman and Robert Arline. Unbelievable! That game kept Silsbee out of the 3rd playoff spot in 19-4A. I also remember a very good running back from Livingston named Darrell Harrell. He use to wear those Lineback neck rolls to make himself look bigger.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1274610" timestamp="1347919001"]
I remember back in 1996 when Silsbee went down to Livingston and they stopped Silsbee on 4 straight downs from the 1 yard line. Silsbee's backfield was Detrice Spearman and Robert Arline. Unbelievable! That game kept Silsbee out of the 3rd playoff spot in 19-4A. I also remember a very good running back from Livingston named Darrell Harrell. He use to wear those Lineback neck rolls to make himself look bigger.
[/quote]That was whe Livingston, Silsbee, and Jasper was in 3A together. Did you play in 1996, if so I probrolly saw you play back then.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1274644" timestamp="1347920853"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103223.msg1274610#msg1274610 date=1347919001]
[/quote]That was whe Livingston, Silsbee, and Jasper was in [b]3A together[/b]. Did you play in 1996, if so I probrolly saw you play back then.
[/quote]

You mean 4A. Silsbee did not drop down to 3A until '04.

Santa didn't play. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1274648" timestamp="1347921001"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=103223.msg1274644#msg1274644 date=1347920853]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103223.msg1274610#msg1274610 date=1347919001]
[/quote]That was whe Livingston, Silsbee, and Jasper was in [b]3A together[/b]. Did you play in 1996, if so I probrolly saw you play back then.
[/quote]

You mean 4A. Silsbee did not drop down to 3A until '04.

Santa didn't play. ;)
[/quote]You're right, I guess I was thinking about 1968 and 1969 when I played, we were all 3A back then.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1274804" timestamp="1347935944"]
No Badsanta didn't play but Badsanta did attend every game from 1987-97. Silsbee went on a long playoff drought from 94-97. Came back with a bang in 98 though!
[/quote]

Cool - if I were you, I would refer to myself in the third person also. ;D

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1274817" timestamp="1347936867"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103223.msg1274804#msg1274804 date=1347935944]
No Badsanta didn't play but Badsanta did attend every game from 1987-97. Silsbee went on a long playoff drought from 94-97. Came back with a bang in 98 though!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't it past your bed time? Got to get your rest! Tigers got a home game Friday.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1274804" timestamp="1347935944"]
[/quote]Silsbee has always had pretty good teams as long as I can remember. There has always been some good games between our teams and playing you all does'nt seem like playing a 3A team, because to us we've always played in the same district most of the times. We are certainly glad to be playing you all again and looking forward to Friday night.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1274818" timestamp="1347936986"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103223.msg1274817#msg1274817 date=1347936867]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn't it past your bed time? Got to get your rest! Tigers got a home game Friday.
[/quote]

I've had my nap.  I got up to check this board and to see what crap you are spreading now.  And, as I suspected, you are doing your thing - running your mouth. ;D

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1274874" timestamp="1347940570"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103223.msg1274818#msg1274818 date=1347936986]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103223.msg1274817#msg1274817 date=1347936867]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've had my nap.  I got up to check this board and to see what crap you are spreading now.  And, as I suspected, you are doing your thing - running your mouth. ;D
[/quote]

Thank you for checking up on me. Now I know you care

Silsbee's looking good! Expect Reed, Holmes and Spearman to play well for the Tigers, and lets not forget Jr. Nose Guard Seth Adams on D. Livingstons pretty set on O , we will see!

Silsbee takes it by a touchdown.

Go Tigers

[img]http://cfbsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/e70dc4891.png[/img]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Heading into the summer and before two a days get going… what are some concerns or positives about your team heading into next season? I’d like to hear from some H-F people because according to some they are the district favorites heading into the season. I’m just trying to pass some time at least until we get our DCTF magazines lol For Bellville my concern is filling some holes on defense… specifically at LB,S, and DT… bright spots ? Basically the entire offensive line returns that paved the way for 3 RBs to rush for more than 1600 yards a  on the season (2 of those RBs will return as well). With all that said Bellville should still be a region favorite this upcoming season.
    • That’s not a choice, it’s the same thing and equally dangerous.    I’ve literally heard (with my own listening ears) the R County Chairman boast in a speech that “the only time I’ve ever voted for a Democrat was when I voted for Hillary in the Democrat primary! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!” You’ll never guess who is tweeting all over the place about how we need closed primaries this week.  Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.  Escalation of force.  These are concepts that you completely understand and teach.  Whatever we do today, we’ll pay for tomorrow. Impeach a President over something stupid? They’ll impeach yours twice.  Promise to lock up your political rival if you get elected? You can’t cry over somebody else doing it to you… even if you were just blowing a little smoke for the morons.   The old days of “don’t throw rocks if you live in glass houses” has now become “I’m pretty sure I’ve got more rocks than they do.” The frightening thing is that Ds only do it to Rs. Rs do it to Ds and other Rs alike without hesitation.  
    • Definitely does NOT sound like a fit for PN-G.
    • No offense, but both sides do it.  The Rs in Texas want to do away with decades of precedent and demand that Dems are no longer given chair positions on any committees in the Tx House. It sounds reasonable enough, until you arrive at a point when the Ds enjoy a single seat majority in the house, select the most leftist speaker of all times, and the refuse to give Rs any say in the legislative process by refusing to give them any committee chairs.     Experience has shown me that any time a party seeks to consolidate power in a legislative body, it backfires.    What I don’t like is a world where we cheer for Manchin for doing his own thing, but also re-elect guys like Paxton and Patrick when they make threats to R Legislators if they don’t do exactly what the Radical Right demands. Our Rep here in Hardin County lost his spot for voting against private school vouchers-his wife is a teacher. He also voted his conscience on the Paxton impeachment.  It cost him his seat…. Not because of the will of the voters in his district, but because if millions of outside dollars pumped into the race from outside the district and even an endorsement of his unknown challenger by Donald Trump himself.    Why do people like you applaud Manchin for being his own man and then vote against Phelan for doing the same thing?
  • Topics