San Augustine at Deweyville Game Thread/SA wins 26-14!

WOSgrad

[quote name="ccs" post="1271972" timestamp="1347684086"]
good tough game but there was some bad calls both ways.not a cool move by SA coach with 49 secs to go in the game with the  lead to go for a the score instead of just kneeling it. Dville gave SA all they wanted.Dville is still going to good this year proud of these guys.Good fought game by both teams good luck SA on the rest of your season,some real good players there.
[/quote]

It isnt over till its over....

A bunch of bad calls...key calls...in all honesty this game should not have been close.  Those early scores that were called back would have took the wind of Dville's sails.  I do not know how that was not a safety after the Dville player touched the ball then went and downed it in the endzone??  Breaking with 12 men in the huddle and not one single call?  This is by far the worst officiated game I have ever seen since I have been watching HS football. 

Also, I do find it funny that it was lightning for most of the first half, and when SA's D starting lighting Dville up on their first drive that is when they want to stop the game. 

Dville has a scrappy team...might can even win district if their passing game develops!  Good luck...hopefully neither of us will see those refs again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1272158" timestamp="1347689895"]
[quote author=ccs link=topic=103139.msg1271972#msg1271972 date=1347684086]
good tough game but there was some bad calls both ways.not a cool move by SA coach with 49 secs to go in the game with the  lead to go for a the score instead of just kneeling it. Dville gave SA all they wanted.Dville is still going to good this year proud of these guys.Good fought game by both teams good luck SA on the rest of your season,some real good players there.
[/quote]

A bunch of bad calls...key calls...in all honesty this game should not have been close.  Those early scores that were called back would have took the wind of Dville's sails.  I do not know how that was not a safety after the Dville player touched the ball then went and downed it in the endzone??  Breaking with 12 men in the huddle and not one single call?  This is by far the worst officiated game I have ever seen since I have been watching HS football. 

Also, I do find it funny that it was lightning for most of the first half, and when SA's D starting lighting Dville up on their first drive that is when they want to stop the game. 

Dville has a scrappy team...might can even win district if their passing game develops!  Good luck...hopefully neither of us will see those refs again.
[/quote]
It was lightning in the distance, the school official had the meter on the field and was closely monitoring it, nothing there.  Agree with the calls, equally bad for both teams, fumble ruled incl pass at the Wolves 25 in 2nd half was also a big game changer and the Pirates inside the red zone 3 times and not scoring including the opening drive.  Bottom line is the Wolves made the plays and the Pirates did not. Wolves Coach said it best after the game, enjoy theses games with the Pirates cause they are always tough, hard fought games. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1272288" timestamp="1347714968"]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=103139.msg1272158#msg1272158 date=1347689895]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It was lightning in the distance, the school official had the meter on the field and was closely monitoring it, nothing there.  Agree with the calls, equally bad for both teams, fumble ruled incl pass at the Wolves 25 in 2nd half was also a big game changer and the Pirates inside the red zone 3 times and not scoring including the opening drive.  Bottom line is the Wolves made the plays and the Pirates did not. Wolves Coach said it best after the game, enjoy theses games with the Pirates cause they are always tough, hard fought games. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

If you look at the penalty yards for both teams it will not be equal.  Deweyville had what 40 yards in penalties compared to SA's 200?  I am not sure if that is the right number....but feels close. 

I am also curious to see how many false start penalties Deweyville has with a fair officiating crew....The running back moves in the backfield constantly. 

I feel that Deweyville was the last test that SA will have until Alto.  So it was good to play a scrappy team such as yall! 

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1272476" timestamp="1347726164"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=103139.msg1272288#msg1272288 date=1347714968]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=103139.msg1272158#msg1272158 date=1347689895]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

If you look at the penalty yards for both teams it will not be equal.  Deweyville had what 40 yards in penalties compared to SA's 200?  I am not sure if that is the right number....but feels close. 

[b]I am also curious to see how many false start penalties Deweyville has with a fair officiating crew....The running back moves in the backfield constantly.[/b] 

I feel that Deweyville was the last test that SA will have until Alto.  So it was good to play a scrappy team such as yall!
[/quote]
A RB moving parallel to the line of scrimmage before the snap is the same as motion which is legal. 

was very impressed with deweyvilles size!!! they will make the playoffs. imo.  everyone talking about west sabine well WS hadnt played anyone yet. deweyville would shut them down imo, they are that good.  as for SA cut back on turnovers and mistakes. and the sky is the limit. got to remember though this is only their 2nd game.

SA[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1272476" timestamp="1347726164"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=103139.msg1272288#msg1272288 date=1347714968]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I am also curious to see how many false start penalties Deweyville has with a fair officiating crew....The running back moves in the backfield constantly. 

[/quote]

SAwolverine you need to stop whining Like A little _ _ _ _ _ . you are always looking for excuses why S A can not dominate DEWEYVILLE. the Fact is We can play with yall, the deffrence is we wont make excuses SA made the plays when they needed them and we did not SA got the win and Deweyville will take this game learn from it and move on.  ;D
and By the way if you would read the rules instead of trying to make them up to fit your needs you would know why it was not A safty, I would tell you but I will see if you can READ.

GO PIRATES
          #10 IS THE MAN

Are we seriously still yaking about this? I'm sorry to tell you, but SA did dominate the pirates. For every td that got put on the board there was another one that got called back. I don't see us making that many mistakes, just saying! This game was kept close by either bad calls or SA mistakes (depends on which side of the field you were sitting on I guess). As far as the "safety"goes, I thought if you picked up the ball on the field and ended up down in the end zone that it was a safety. Now with all of that said, I can see some definite improvement in Deweyville. They played a very hard fought game with class. I really think that the new AD was agreat hire for yall. Good luck with the rest of your season!

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1273252" timestamp="1347761867"]
To Steeler,

I just hope ya'll get in the playoffs and I hope to see ya'll beat Hemphill!!!
[/quote]
Thanks, we will be competitive this year and barring injuries I think we will make the playoffs.  Playing a team like SA only makes you better, top notch team and well coached.

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1273528" timestamp="1347800775"]
Are we seriously still yaking about this? I'm sorry to tell you, [b]but SA did dominate the pirates.[/b] For every td that got put on the board there was another one that got called back. I don't see us making that many mistakes, just saying! This game was kept close by either bad calls or SA mistakes (depends on which side of the field you were sitting on I guess). As far as the "safety"goes, I thought if you picked up the ball on the field and ended up down in the end zone that it was a safety. Now with all of that said, I can see some definite improvement in Deweyville. They played a very hard fought game with class. I really think that the new AD was agreat hire for yall. Good luck with the rest of your season!
[/quote]
You aren't really serious are you? Check any stat of the game and you will see that statement is wrong.  SA won a very close, hard fought game that they trailed in until 4:49 left in the 4th qtr. Yes the officiating was bad, but [b]both[/b] teams were affected by it.  SA Coach called both teams together after the game and said the Pirates ran up/down the field on the Wolves and congratulated them on their performance.  SA made the plays when they counted and the Pirates didn't.  But to say SA dominated the Pirates is being disingenuous. The Wolves are very talented and will go far this year, good luck.

I'll agree with the poor officiating comment. There were definitely some bad calls made. But if you can look back at it and say that it didn't keep the game close then we were watching two different games. There were a total of 4 Wolf td's called back and a safety on that kickoff that wasn't called. Add that to the score without PAT's and we're talking about a score of 52-14. Of course that wasn't the score. I'm not trying to take anything away from the pirates. I've repeatedly said that I have a repect for the program that I didn't prior to friday night's game. I think by the time district roles around, a battle tested D-ville team will be a threat for the title. Good Luck to yall!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1273637" timestamp="1347814052"]
I'll agree with the poor officiating comment. There were definitely some bad calls made. But if you can look back at it and say that it didn't keep the game close then we were watching two different games. There were a total of 4 Wolf td's called back and a safety on that kickoff that wasn't called. Add that to the score without PAT's and we're talking about a score of 52-14. Of course that wasn't the score. I'm not trying to take anything away from the pirates. I've repeatedly said that I have a repect for the program that I didn't prior to friday night's game. I think by the time district roles around, a battle tested D-ville team will be a threat for the title. Good Luck to yall!
[/quote]
2 TD's were called back on very obvious calls. watch the game tape and you will see the fouls, both at point of contact not sure where you are getting 4 from.  Read the rules on the KO, and you will see that you are incorrct on that also, the Rec never had possession of the KO, it went through his hands and into the endzone where it was downed. Last word from me on this game. Positives for both teams coming out. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1273642" timestamp="1347815343"]

2 TD's were called back on very obvious calls. watch the game tape and you will see the fouls, both at point of contact not sure where you are getting 4 from.  Read the rules on the KO, and you will see that you are incorrect on that also, the Rec never had possession of the KO, it went through his hands and into the endzone where it was downed. Last word from me on this game. Positives for both teams coming out. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

Im gonna have to respectfully disagree with you here.  On the 1st TD that got called back they called block in the black on #55...#55 hits the deweyville kid with his facemask on the front of the deweyville kids left shoulder, just above the heart area.  Thats not a block in the back.  On the 2nd TD that got called back it was probably the correct call.  But the 1st call was definitely wrong IMO. 

#55 is my son. He told me the refs had a discussion in front of him and they couldn't make up their minds whether to call it a block in the back or an "unnecessary" block. Whatever that is. One of the other td's that I'm talking about was on the south end of the field, during the third quarter I think, and we were charged with some kind of crazy formation or pass interference on the offense call, whatever it was it kept us out of the end zone!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1274018" timestamp="1347879005"]
#55 is my son. He told me the refs had a discussion in front of him and they couldn't make up their minds whether to call it a block in the back or an "unnecessary" block. Whatever that is. One of the other td's that I'm talking about was on the south end of the field, during the third quarter I think, and we were charged with some kind of crazy formation or pass interference on the offense call, whatever it was it kept us out of the end zone!
[/quote]

The other one was a correct offensive pass interference call.  One of the other WRs who did not catch the ball was blocking downfield before the ball was thrown and continued blocking after the ball was thrown.  As much as we may not like it that was the correct call. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder