HAMBURGER DEPOT/SETXsports WEEKLY HS PREVIEW SHOW/TONIGHT 6PM!!!

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor can pass the ball. We showed that last year especially in the playoffs against Montgomery. But why pass when you don't need too. With as many scouts from the district as I saw at that game, I would run our basic offensive package as well. Save that card for Nederland...keep believing Montana can't throw the ball. Second, no doubt we would suffer if we lost the best player in this district, who wouldn't? But, we wouldn't curl up and die (as many on this board wish)....we would still make the playoffs. Third, the slot-t is a possession offense. You keep the ball, you keep the clock rolling, you keep the other team's offense off the field. Incomplete passes stop the clock...not what we want. Can't score if you don't have the ball.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1268125" timestamp="1347419739"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=102921.msg1267979#msg1267979 date=1347410831]
Manvel who????
[/quote]

Manvel that played in the state title game last year.  You guys played them the year before that at Stallworth I think.
[/quote]

Let not bring THAT up  ;D

[quote name="NDNation" post="1268490" timestamp="1347471555"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=102921.msg1268125#msg1268125 date=1347419739]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=102921.msg1267979#msg1267979 date=1347410831]
Manvel who????
[/quote]

Manvel that played in the state title game last year.  You guys played them the year before that at Stallworth I think.
[/quote]

Let not bring THAT up  ;D
[/quote] lol  :D

[quote name="robanadana" post="1268249" timestamp="1347457685"]
Vidor can pass the ball. We showed that last year especially in the playoffs against Montgomery. But why pass when you don't need too. With as many scouts from the district as I saw at that game, I would run our basic offensive package as well. Save that card for Nederland...keep believing Montana can't throw the ball. Second, no doubt we would suffer if we lost the best player in this district, who wouldn't? But, we wouldn't curl up and die (as many on this board wish)....we would still make the playoffs. Third, the slot-t is a possession offense. You keep the ball, you keep the clock rolling, you keep the other team's offense off the field. Incomplete passes stop the clock...not what we want. Can't score if you don't have the ball.
[/quote]

Vidor wasn't constantly passing in that game either, besides to the TE.  He was open all night.  The Pirate LB's shut the run down, but the secondary looked suspect, and the Bears got really close to coming back. 

But even you cant say that they would be an even much better team if they could pass with that running game. I once saw a team run a very similar offense win a SC but  they were also adept at passing the football . Think  of the offense if people had to honor the pass it could be deadly. I have seen it first hand.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1268746" timestamp="1347491341"]
But even you cant say that they would be an even much better team if they could pass with that running game. I once saw a team run a very similar offense win a SC but  they were also adept at passing the football . Think  of the offense if people had to honor the pass it could be deadly. I have seen it first hand.
[/quote]
i agree with you.(uhoh! ;D) we need to mix it up some. let em know we can throw not just when we have to and everyone knows it's coming. like to see some first and 10 and second and short passes just to keep the D's honest. you made a great point prepballfan.

I mean no disrespect dont forget I have been the fan of a running since 1992 in PNG til Faircloth came here so i remember wishing for a passing game. Remember if a team has to honor your pass Vidors running game would be tops in the state. Best of luck this year in the playoffs just not against PNG.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1268804" timestamp="1347497044"]
I mean no disrespect dont forget I have been the fan of a running since 1992 in PNG til Faircloth came here so i remember wishing for a passing game. Remember if a team has to honor your pass Vidors running game would be tops in the state. Best of luck this year in the playoffs just not against PNG.
[/quote]
don't feel disrespected at all. i know what you mean. i wish during our first two games we would have worked on our passing game. i really don't why we didn't considering the leads we had. when we got down against Angleton last year, we were not expierienced enough in the passing game to hang in there. running and eating up the clock isn't gonna help you much when you are down by three scores. where i agree run if they can't stop you, you still have to show you can throw. other teams need to know you are capable and better yet, respect it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami