No More

Guest DawgsOfGold

I knew someone would take it the wrong way but since you went there lets go!! I never said a bad thing about the STJFL first of all and yes everyone has a mercy rule except some AAU Leagues. Every team has kids at the pee wee level that really dont want to be there so lets just keep it real. letting someone else play is not the problem, the problem is that same coach that you had mercy for now is trying to run over the kid that really dont want to be there. why didnt he do that before he was 28 down!! people like you want good teams/players in other leagues so you can get on and  bragg about something lil Johnny did!! its all for the kids so you say but when PNG G was putting 50 on people last year it was ok! Than you get personal, I can promise you my kid will compete with yours in anything from manners to the classroom and thats the way i raised him. Sports is just something we like its not our life and thats the way I raise him, anything else!! Be ready to explain to him why he didnt get that job he interviewed for when he gets the "we went in another direction" let him know its always about competing whether you believe it or not. Your right i have a hard time explaining to mine that being a loser is ok, that may be the difference between yours and mine!!! I just threw the OBAMA stuff in there because its all fun and games to me!! Well just for kicks and giggles i will start the twos and finished with the ones!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jag86" post="1269360" timestamp="1347565291"]
I knew someone would take it the wrong way but since you went there lets go!! I never said a bad thing about the STJFL first of all and yes everyone has a mercy rule except some AAU Leagues. Every team has kids at the pee wee level that really dont want to be there so lets just keep it real. letting someone else play is not the problem, the problem is that same coach that you had mercy for now is trying to run over the kid that really dont want to be there. why didnt he do that before he was 28 down!! [b]people like you want good teams/players in other leagues so you can get on and  bragg about something lil Johnny did!![/b] its all for the kids so you say but when PNG G was putting 50 on people last year it was ok! Than you get personal, [b]I can promise you my kid will compete with yours in anything from manners to the classroom and thats the way i raised him[/b]. Sports is just something we like its not our life and thats the way I raise him, anything else!! Be ready to explain to him why he didnt get that job he interviewed for when he gets the "we went in another direction" let him know its always about competing whether you believe it or not. Your right i have a hard time explaining to mine that being a loser is ok, that may be the difference between yours and mine!!! I just threw the OBAMA stuff in there because its all fun and games to me!! Well just for kicks and giggles i will start the twos and finished with the ones!!
[/quote]

First, you started the rant.......I just threw my 2 cents in.....I have not once in my 4,960ish post bragged about my son(look it up...all my post are in my profile....not my style.....just like it's not my style to get on a forum and rant about how I dislike the rules. ......and again the mercy rule only applies to backfield........I personally wouldn't give a kid that didn't want to be there a ball and make him run......again....just me

I also never compared my kid to your kid.....not sure why you brought that up....all I said is my kid understands the mercy rule and has no problems with it.....

And what did I say that gave you the idea I or we didn't like competing? 

then...you compare me explaining the mercy rule to my son to you having a hard time explaining to your son its OK to be a loser?  The mercy rule is hardly for losers.........

and I'm also not sure how I took your post wrong.......especially after your response......

no point in arguing, I have formed my opinion......and so have many ;)

and nothing "hostile" with me (thats actually against forum rules :o...if we play by them 8) ).........

[quote name="jag86" post="1269375" timestamp="1347565794"]
News Flash #1 3  5 9 10 13 Just been demoted to the twos. The hippy got to them because they were raised reading sports forums and they stated " its not how you start its how you finish" Thats what we teach never quit!!! LOL
[/quote] statements like this will get you banned,

[quote name="Lamar1996" post="1269344" timestamp="1347564062"]
[quote author=2 Sons Playing link=topic=102894.msg1269131#msg1269131 date=1347546868]
[quote author=Lamar1996 link=topic=102894.msg1267610#msg1267610 date=1347384778]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=102894.msg1267081#msg1267081 date=1347327302]
I agree, just sit back and enjoy this year.  When people read these kind of post ( 6td 6 carries), its just adding fuel to wanting to beat them, which obviously no one will.  A champion ignores all the garbage and acts like they always been this good, not bragging on numbers or complaining about people talking smack.
[/quote]
I would have to agree....
My son played on the PNG G team of last year that went undefeated during the season and whipped WOS in the Superbowl.  All we heard the entire year is the only reason we won is because of all the 8 year olds that were on the team.  Blah blah, how about given recognition to the coaches and kids for playing at a higher level than everyone else in the league.
[/quote]
That's kind of funny there..I believe that team was the final straw on why the rules were changed this year. I give the players and coaches credit for a well played season, but I do believe that PNG G had to come from behind with time running out to beat Bmt G in the semi-finals, therefore I disagree w u about playing at a "higher" level than everyone else. 8)
[/quote]
It was the other way around BMT G had the ball last and ran out of time on about the 20 yard line of PNG.  Was one of the greatest young football games I have seen play.  On the comment of playing at a higher level, I was trying to give the BMT B team of this year a compliment of playing better football than their current opponents.  Those kids we played last year were awesome; I would hate to have to play them this year. 

We are in Junior now and as of right now we have started off where we left off from last year.  We are the PNG W team and we face a really tough Vidor W team this Saturday.  It's going to be a great game.
[/quote]What is Png ratio this year? I know y'all are young but how young. Also heard that they made y'all redraft

[quote name="Gucci" post="1270130" timestamp="1347639172"]
[quote author=Lamar1996 link=topic=102894.msg1269344#msg1269344 date=1347564062]
[quote author=2 Sons Playing link=topic=102894.msg1269131#msg1269131 date=1347546868]
[quote author=Lamar1996 link=topic=102894.msg1267610#msg1267610 date=1347384778]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=102894.msg1267081#msg1267081 date=1347327302]
I agree, just sit back and enjoy this year.  When people read these kind of post ( 6td 6 carries), its just adding fuel to wanting to beat them, which obviously no one will.  A champion ignores all the garbage and acts like they always been this good, not bragging on numbers or complaining about people talking smack.
[/quote]
My son played on the PNG G team of last year that went undefeated during the season and whipped WOS in the Superbowl.  All we heard the entire year is the only reason we won is because of all the 8 year olds that were on the team.  Blah blah, how about given recognition to the coaches and kids for playing at a higher level than everyone else in the league.
[/quote]
That's kind of funny there..I believe that team was the final straw on why the rules were changed this year. I give the players and coaches credit for a well played season, but I do believe that PNG G had to come from behind with time running out to beat Bmt G in the semi-finals, therefore I disagree w u about playing at a "higher" level than everyone else. 8)
[/quote]
It was the other way around BMT G had the ball last and ran out of time on about the 20 yard line of PNG.  Was one of the greatest young football games I have seen play.  On the comment of playing at a higher level, I was trying to give the BMT B team of this year a compliment of playing better football than their current opponents.  Those kids we played last year were awesome; I would hate to have to play them this year. 

We are in Junior now and as of right now we have started off where we left off from last year.  We are the PNG W team and we face a really tough Vidor W team this Saturday.  It's going to be a great game.
[/quote]What is Png ratio this year? I know y'all are young but how young. Also heard that they made y'all redraft
[/quote]
I'm not a coach so I really don't know the rules or if they had a redraft. 

[quote name="Lamar1996" post="1270224" timestamp="1347643855"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=102894.msg1270130#msg1270130 date=1347639172]
[quote author=Lamar1996 link=topic=102894.msg1269344#msg1269344 date=1347564062]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]How many kids from last year team

[quote name="dogfather" post="1270185" timestamp="1347641376"]
:oOh  BEAUMONT!  !BEAUMONT! 1,2,3,4,'s  1-3-5-7-14-12-11 1st string 2nd string 11th string !
Your NOT going to be able to do all that when you come through NEDERLAND! 8)HeeHeeHee
Your Boys will get to play the whole Game dont worry!!!!!! ;)
[/quote]

You got that right buddy  ;)

[quote name="Gucci" post="1270231" timestamp="1347644302"]
[quote author=Lamar1996 link=topic=102894.msg1270224#msg1270224 date=1347643855]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=102894.msg1270130#msg1270130 date=1347639172]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]How many kids from last year team
[/quote]
Pretty much the same group of kids from last year 8 year olds that are now 9.  We also have around 10 aggressive 10 year olds as well. 

[quote name="Gucci" post="1270290" timestamp="1347646767"]
[quote author=UpandIn link=topic=102894.msg1270266#msg1270266 date=1347645938]
[quote author=dogfather link=topic=102894.msg1270185#msg1270185 date=1347641376]
:oOh  BEAUMONT!  !BEAUMONT! 1,2,3,4,'s  1-3-5-7-14-12-11 1st string 2nd string 11th string !
Your NOT going to be able to do all that when you come through NEDERLAND! 8)HeeHeeHee
Your Boys will get to play the whole Game dont worry!!!!!! ;)
[/quote]

You got that right buddy  ;)
[/quote] Beaumont will blow the doors off all 3 of your teams. They smoked you last year and will smoke you again this year. You can get the best players from all 3 teams and they will still beat you Nederland.
[/quote]

You got that right buddy ;)

[quote name="DawgsOfBlue" post="1266683" timestamp="1347293711"]
Beaumont Peewee Blue Do Not have to cheat-

We are tired of coaches and opposing fans/parents trying to humiliate this team. All summer, every weekend and after every game someone has tried to bring them down. Coach Derrick Rivers and staff are getting tired of all this Drama. For now on Do Not ask for a running clock. Teams are throwing the towel in and then after the game they complain about a few (STUDS) playing the entire game or wanting to protest  because they feel like some players aren't getting their 10 plays. FYI, even with a running clock and our Studs, as you call them,  Do Not Play the entire game and ALL our players get their plays.. #1 has 4 carries for 4 touchdowns, #3 has 6 carries for 5 touchdowns and #10 has 8 carries for 6 td's. And thats thru 2 games. We only have 18 offensive plays so far this year. Don't you know that those kids run track and train very hard all summer. They are highly ranked in the Nation in several events. Sorry if we have them and you don't. Everyone knows this team was gonna be special this year. For now on, just ask the score keeper not to keep score because we're not doing the running clock anymore. Thank the complainers and whiners for this future opponents
[/quote]

Wow...forget the running clock, so because you are mad at a team or teams you have already played you are prepared to take it out on a  group of kids that had nothing to do with it....wow that will teach them

[quote name="DawgsOfBlue" post="1266683" timestamp="1347293711"]

We are tired of coaches and opposing fans/parents trying to humiliate this team. All summer, every weekend and after every game someone has tried to bring them down. Coach Derrick Rivers and staff are getting tired of all this Drama. For now on Do Not ask for a running clock. Teams are throwing the towel in and then after the game they complain about a few (STUDS) playing the entire game or wanting to protest  because they feel like some players aren't getting their 10 plays. FYI, even with a running clock and our Studs, as you call them,  Do Not Play the entire game and ALL our players get their plays.. #1 has 4 carries for 4 touchdowns, #3 has 6 carries for 5 touchdowns and #10 has 8 carries for 6 td's. And thats thru 2 games. We only have 18 offensive plays so far this year. Don't you know that those kids run track and train very hard all summer. They are highly ranked in the Nation in several events. Sorry if we have them and you don't. Everyone knows this team was gonna be special this year. For now on, just ask the score keeper not to keep score because we're not doing the running clock anymore. Thank the complainers and whiners for this future opponents
[/quote]

be prepared to back up your statements to the board. If you have a team Beat and they ask for a running clock and you refuse and run the score up, you will have to explain why you choose to go around the rules and intentionally humiliated a group of 7,8 year olds, so go ahead and do what you think you need to do.

Guest DawgsOfGold
[quote name="jg69421080" post="1272214" timestamp="1347692632"]
[quote author=DawgsOfBlue link=topic=102894.msg1266683#msg1266683 date=1347293711]

[/quote]

be prepared to back up your statements to the board. If you have a team Beat and they ask for a running clock and you refuse and run the score up, you will have to explain why you choose to go around the rules and intentionally humiliated a group of 7,8 year olds, so go ahead and do what you think you need to do.
[/quote]No rules saying we have to agree to a running clock silly.  Us not wanting a running clock does not mean we're trying to run up the score. It means that we have 30 kids and out of that 30, half are 7yr olds we're trying to develop. Mind your Business and stay out of Bmt Blue's. 

The way you are talking Sounds like the board will stay in Beaumont Blues Business. Don't backtrack now, stand you're ground, you were upset and were not going to allow a running clock because people made you mad, now it is because you have players to develop, or perhaps you realized how ignorant your comments were, or just plain silly

I would not be so quick to say that they can not be beat. They very well can be a strong team but you are talking about 7 and 8 year olds you never know. Maybe they come to play ball that day then again maybe not. I hope that all the teams have a great season weather it is a win or a lose for them that it is fun. And that they do what they are out there to do and that is learn the fundamentals and HAVE FUN. And also that the parents and coaches remember what is all about....THE KIDS

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1270334" timestamp="1347648126"]
Only way Ned would even remotely have a chance is if they had the same refs from the flag superbowl!  ;)
[/quote]

If you are referring to the flag SuperBowl of 2010, BMT lost to a great undefeated team, not the refs as I have heard a 1000 times from BMT fans.  Truth of the matter is BMT lost the game to endurance.  My son played in that game.  The entire season they did not just practice plays, they ran their little buts off as part of building endurance and it paid off.  BMT came to Nederland thinking they had it in the bag, but when Nederland rattled their cage they did not know how to handle it and cracked under the pressure.  Now go ahead a flame away!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder