123 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins it?

• Vidor
    • Clear Brook

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CB not bad at all. As mentioned-- 0-2 deceiving. Option running game. Some good standout players. Good size. Good speed. (Surprised me for sure. Not that that says much.  ;)) DE excellent! Pass game virtually non-existent. How's Vidor's balance?

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1264783" timestamp="1347118934"]
CB not bad at all. As mentioned-- 0-2 deceiving. Option running game. Some good standout players. Good size. Good speed. (Surprised me for sure. Not that that says much.  ;)) DE excellent! Pass game virtually non-existent. How's Vidor's balance?
[/quote]
Vidor leans a bit more to the run game.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1264829" timestamp="1347122674"]
This will be a good test for the Pirates.  If these guys were able to go toe to toe with LaPorte, you would expect them to run Vidor off of the field.  But you can't underestimate them.  A lot of teams have done this last year and were left scratching their heads.
[/quote]Sounds to me like it should be a good, low-scoring game between 2 run-based teams. Honestly, I don't know anything about Vidor. That's one of the many reasons I like this Board. I get to hear about area/local 4A and below classifications more. (Not a slam.) :)

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1264808" timestamp="1347120680"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102784.msg1264783#msg1264783 date=1347118934]
[/quote]
[/quote]

This may be the understatement of the year. I know the Pirates did not throw a pass last night. Did they in week 1? It is just a question, not knocking your offense at all. Vidor is a great power running and misdirection offense with a solid defense.

[quote name="jake94" post="1264916" timestamp="1347127585"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=102784.msg1264808#msg1264808 date=1347120680]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102784.msg1264783#msg1264783 date=1347118934]
[/quote]
[/quote]

This may be the understatement of the year. I know the Pirates did not throw a pass last night. Did they in week 1? It is just a question, not knocking your offense at all. Vidor is a great power running and misdirection offense with a solid defense.
[/quote]
Pirates threw 2 passes in week one, one int. one completed.  I look for them to throw 3 or 4 against CB, maybe more if JohnBoy Smith is back.

CB scares me a bit...their record is deceiving and I dont read much into it.  I hope the Pirates win, but this CB team is good.  Again, dont let their record fool you.  I do agree that since they run the ball that they play into the Pirates defensive strength.  Last night could have been different, but the BC receivers couldnt catch a ball that hit them in the hands.  Im not saying that BC would have won the game, but it would have been a lot closer than the score was.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder