Orangefield at Jasper Game Thread/Jasper wins 55-14!

WOSgrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest incognito123
I follow you around?  We frequent the same threads because we have common interests.  You engage me in conversation and I oblige you with a respone.  Far from following you around. 

[quote name="Bobcat2003" post="1268961" timestamp="1347507120"]
I understand OF is weak this year, but to call a team a creampuff that has beaten you more than you beat them is kind of dumb...
[/quote]
Yes, that may be taken as a slam; I would have chosen different words.

But I doubt that it was directed at particular teams such as OF.  Perhaps rather at the former coach that by all accounts that I have read and heard would not schedule Silsbee.  Who knows, that may have helped loosen his grip on his job?  You just don't quit playing a team that you have played for over 50 plus straight years without a super good reason.  Silsbee should have been scheduled FIRST, then worked out schedules with whatever teams were available.  Not the other way around.

Anyways, Jasper has to play the teams that will play them.  No 5a team will play them anymore, and neither will many 4a teams.  I personally heard one 4a coach state that no way would he schedule 3a Jasper.  Period.  At least he was being honest about it.  Jasper fans had grown used to playing a level above in pre-district.  It appears those days have gone bye bye.

jdog sumed up my comment as it was intended..A coach should look at the talent coming up for the next two years. imo he should do his best to challenge them (play above there head) to make them better and prepare them for the playoffs. Our core group is JR's and will have to play the same schedule again next yr...Seems to me that the last two coaches are worried about W's in predistrict.  during the 80's coach wakoviac (sp) always told us we had 3 seasons...predistrict,district,playoffs. I mean no disrespect with this comment but jasper only has two tuff oponents on its schedule...wos & carthage...my feelings are  that we should have played or try to play 4a schools and of course silsbee in the mix, teams tend to play to the level of thier competion...

Jasper is good, and has a chance to be very good!!! The Orangefield game was one of those snowball games, things started out badly for my Cats and they just keep getting worse. Jasper scores on first drive in like 5 plays, kick off and two plays later we fumble inside 30. On 3rd and long Jasper scores on a tip pass that if it's not tipped they don't score, 14-0 Jasper. Next kickoff we muff the ball and it rolls in the endzone, we bring it out instead of kneeling in the endzone. We start that drive at the 5 yard line, after a 15 yard shanked punt Jasper takes over inside the 30 once again. Touchdown Jasper 21-0, on the ensuing kickoff we again muff it and instead of bringing the ball out or kneeling it we just allow Jasper to recover the ball for another touchdown...Jasper 28-0!!! And there's still over 8 minutes to play in the first quarter.

Jasper still wins this game regardless, even if we don't have those early mistakes because they were simply the better team, but the game should have been a lot more competitive. Until we stop turning the ball over and stop making mental mistakes this team is gonna struggle. But I believe our staff will work all these kinks out, we're young but we've got some talent and we'll definitely compete for a playoff spot!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges