Woodville at Shepherd Game Thread/Woodville wins 30-22!

WOSgrad

[quote name="goldenarm" post="1266029" timestamp="1347213289"]
if this is the offensive line woodville goes into dist with we will not win a game. and the quarterback will not finish the season. how many timeouts did we waste. no push up front until 73 came in. middle of line has to change. defensive line much improved.  :'(
[/quote]
Whereas, I fully agree about the offensive line needing ALOT of improvement, idk that I'd go as far as to say not winning a game. Maybe I'm just too literal of a person. Lol but Woodville's coaching staff has their hands full. The center position has looked awful in the two games I've seen. Time for a change there. But, on a good note, the defensive line played very well.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1266204" timestamp="1347223699"]
If Kountze and Woodville both beat Shepherd by a similar margin then it is good news for Kountze and bad news for WOodville heading into district
[/quote]
I was thinking same thing. I am a little more confident in Kountze's chances to compete in district after seeing how Shepherd did against Woodville.

[quote name="bullsonparade" post="1266251" timestamp="1347226402"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=102730.msg1266204#msg1266204 date=1347223699]
If Kountze and Woodville both beat Shepherd by a similar margin then it is good news for Kountze and bad news for WOodville heading into district
[/quote]
I was thinking same thing. I am a little more confident in Kountze's chances to compete in district after seeing how Shepherd did against Woodville.
[/quote]
Shepherd played much sloppier against woodville than they did against kountze.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="CMurder75" post="1267725" timestamp="1347395154"]
[quote author=bullsonparade link=topic=102730.msg1266251#msg1266251 date=1347226402]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=102730.msg1266204#msg1266204 date=1347223699]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Could Woodville have caused some of that sloppiness?

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1267738" timestamp="1347396603"]
[quote author=CMurder75 link=topic=102730.msg1267725#msg1267725 date=1347395154]
[quote author=bullsonparade link=topic=102730.msg1266251#msg1266251 date=1347226402]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Could Woodville have caused some of that sloppiness?
[/quote]
Hmmm someone on this thread does use their head  ::)
Woodville's chaotic and fast-paced defensive style caused this sloppiness seen by Shepherd.

I hope Shepherd gives Coach Keel time to actually build a program. There are going to be sloppy games, there are going to be games where the team has tons of penalties. Learning how to win will come. Sounds like Coach Keel has started the process of turning things around with the number of kids that are playing football.

[quote name="idk" post="1268203" timestamp="1347452659"]
I think CMurder75 was refering to all the penalties Shepherd had not their play. Shepherd had a ton on flags thrown on them. But that was no excuse Woodville just beat us. Shepherd has to learn how to win.
[/quote]
That's all I'm saying. Not trying to take anything away from Woodville. They won and that's all that matters. I was just trying to add to the conversation. Penalties and silly passes that get intercepted. Yes Woodville's D helped cause them. But it's not like they couldn't of been avoided. If Shepherd wants to win football games they have to find ways to avoid making those mistakes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
  • Topics