Huntsville @ Humble/Huntsville wins 39-7

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1255019" timestamp="1346366758"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102253.msg1254991#msg1254991 date=1346365275]
anybody running a 5 QB system should be banned from even winning a game  ::)
[/quote]

I'm not a fan of a 2 QB system, much less 5.  It will be funny if it's succesful though.  As much as hate pulling for Huntsville, they're in 18-4A now and I have to support my district. (Except Waller)  ;D
[/quote]
For whatever it is worth, Jasper rode a 3 QB system to the state finals in 2004.  All 3 were on the field at the same time.  You just never knew who the QB would be until the ball was snapped.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1255932" timestamp="1346429007"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=102253.msg1255019#msg1255019 date=1346366758]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102253.msg1254991#msg1254991 date=1346365275]
anybody running a 5 QB system should be banned from even winning a game  ::)
[/quote]

I'm not a fan of a 2 QB system, much less 5.  It will be funny if it's succesful though.  As much as hate pulling for Huntsville, they're in 18-4A now and I have to support my district. (Except Waller)  ;D
[/quote]
For whatever it is worth, Jasper rode a 3 QB system to the state finals in 2004.  All 3 were on the field at the same time.  You just never knew who the QB would be until the ball was snapped.
[/quote]

Neither did they......... ;D  How ya been my Jasper bud? 

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1255854" timestamp="1346425227"]
Humble used to be a powerhouse. This doesnt even seem right. I guess times are just changing. Congrats to huntsville.
[/quote]

They were a powerhouse, but they built Summer Creek and split the talent up...and from what I'm hearing humble may drop to 3a after next year

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1256023" timestamp="1346432509"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102253.msg1255854#msg1255854 date=1346425227]
Humble used to be a powerhouse. This doesnt even seem right. I guess times are just changing. Congrats to huntsville.
[/quote]

They were a powerhouse, but they built Summer Creek and split the talent up...and from what I'm hearing humble may drop to 3a after next year
[/quote] :o

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1256023" timestamp="1346432509"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102253.msg1255854#msg1255854 date=1346425227]
[/quote]

[/quote]just weird seeing humble get handled by anybody like that.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1256042" timestamp="1346433665"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=102253.msg1256023#msg1256023 date=1346432509]
[/quote]

[/quote]

True...long season

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1256076" timestamp="1346435987"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102253.msg1256042#msg1256042 date=1346433665]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=102253.msg1256023#msg1256023 date=1346432509]
[/quote]

[/quote]

True...long season
[/quote]
Hey SC it is, are we tailgating at Turner tonight?

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1256087" timestamp="1346436325"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=102253.msg1256076#msg1256076 date=1346435987]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=102253.msg1256042#msg1256042 date=1346433665]
[/quote]

[/quote]

True...long season
[/quote]
Hey SC it is, are we tailgating at Turner tonight?
[/quote]

LOL, I did see where some say they were...We should, have taste for some Brats links ;D

[quote name="MEM" post="1256345" timestamp="1346451817"]
Very, very surprising score for anyone who watched Coldspring absolutely dismantle Huntsville a couple weeks ago in both schools first scrimmage. Humble must be really bad or Huntsville improved alot.
[/quote]

IMO, it was both.  Huntsville looked alright, other than the 9 fumbles and no passing 1-3 for 9yds between 4 QB's.  Every time they ran, they got 6-8yds, it really didn't matter.  Now Humble was just awful.....  51yds of total offense.  C'mon man!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1256470" timestamp="1346457246"]
[quote author=MEM link=topic=102253.msg1256345#msg1256345 date=1346451817]
Very, very surprising score for anyone who watched Coldspring absolutely dismantle Huntsville a couple weeks ago in both schools first scrimmage. Humble must be really bad or Huntsville improved alot.
[/quote]

IMO, it was both.  Huntsville looked alright, other than the 9 fumbles and no passing 1-3 for 9yds between 4 QB's.  Every time they ran, they got 6-8yds, it really didn't matter.  Now Humble was just awful.....  51yds of total offense.  C'mon man!
[/quote]

Good gracious, that's horrible! Lol

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1256355" timestamp="1346452341"]
Yes they where 5-A but Some Creek Kingwood Park are stealing away part of there players now....
[/quote]
Summer Creek didn't have to steal anyone. The school made the choice easy..........................kids smoking dope on campus, selling dope on campus,fights EVERYDAY, performing poorly in academics. If that's what you want for your kid, thats fine, but my child derserves better. Now all of these STUDS' parents that chose SC will tell you the same thing. Didn't want my boy around it. So to say that SC stole kids, PLEASE !

I didn't catch the first quarter (came in late). 

But from what i could tell, this was a deer in the headlights type moment for everyone on the humble bench.  Looking at the roster i recognized a total of 9 names on a 50 man roster.  That is NOT good. They were not ready for Varsity Lights.

I was really impressed with the number of plays the sophomores on the team were making.  It appears all the sophomores on the roster played significant time.  It will take a while for these kids to get acclimated to this level of play, considering this is pretty much a JV team.  SC and Atascocita opening up so close together hurt Humble pretty badly.

I see no where but up for these kids though.  I didn't see any quit towards the end, and that is something worth celebrating as a fan.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1259082" timestamp="1346626065"]

But from what i could tell, this was a deer in the headlights type moment for everyone on the humble bench.  Looking at the roster i recognized a total of 9 names on a 50 man roster.  That is NOT good. They were not ready for Varsity Lights.

I was really impressed with the number of plays the sophomores on the team were making.  It appears all the sophomores on the roster played significant time.  It will take a while for these kids to get acclimated to this level of play, considering this is pretty much a JV team.  SC and Atascocita opening up so close together hurt Humble pretty badly.

I see no where but up for these kids though.  I didn't see any quit towards the end, and that is something worth celebrating as a fan.
[/quote]

They better get it together....I did see a few athletes on the team, but I'm hearing they coming to Screek next year...the couple of sophomores that was good

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1259142" timestamp="1346632289"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=102253.msg1259082#msg1259082 date=1346626065]

[/quote]

They better get it together....I did see a few athletes on the team, but I'm hearing they coming to Screek next year...the couple of sophomores that was good
[/quote]

You heard wrong.  The PEG ruling ends this year, and those students would have no grounds for transfer unless they have a parent or sibling attending that school. Humble is of a higher educational standing then SC with IB being on campus, as well as less reported and documented drug incidents and fights then SC by a pretty wide margin.  The claim of the individual above about this school being what he discribed is pure fantasy used by advocates against Humble. 

Not sure who you heard that from, but it sounds like pure wishful thinking.  All 19 underclassmen on this squad will contribute more and more this season.  Humble will go into rebuilding mode with these group of guys.  From what i understand, the sophomore and freshman classes are very good from a talent perspective. 

Im confident that Humble will return to form with in a season.  These Freshman, sophomores and Juniors are a solid foundation to build the future on. I expect a very potent Humble in 2013.  and i believe they will improve significantly as the season progresses this year.

Humble has rebounded from splits before, this is no exception.  The talent, and coaching is here...now it will just take some time.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1260241" timestamp="1346776653"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=102253.msg1259142#msg1259142 date=1346632289]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=102253.msg1259082#msg1259082 date=1346626065]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You heard wrong.  The PEG ruling ends this year, and those students would have no grounds for transfer unless they have a parent or sibling attending that school. Humble is of a higher educational standing then SC with IB being on campus, as well as less reported and documented drug incidents and fights then SC by a pretty wide margin.  The claim of the individual above about this school being what he discribed is pure fantasy used by advocates against Humble. 

Not sure who you heard that from, but it sounds like pure wishful thinking.  All 19 underclassmen on this squad will contribute more and more this season.  Humble will go into rebuilding mode with these group of guys.  From what i understand, the sophomore and freshman classes are very good from a talent perspective. 

Im confident that Humble will return to form with in a season.  These Freshman, sophomores and Juniors are a solid foundation to build the future on. I expect a very potent Humble in 2013.  and i believe they will improve significantly as the season progresses this year.

Humble has rebounded from splits before, this is no exception.  The talent, and coaching is here...now it will just take some time.
[/quote]

you are crazy if you think Humble is in better academic standards....All the High Schools in Humble ISD didn't meet AYP in at least one area except for KPark...SC didn't meet it in Math, Atascocita didn't meet it in Math, Kindwood missed it in Math...and HUMBLE HIGH SCHOOL didn't meet it MATH and READING...they are the only HS in the district that missed 2 subjects....and far as the fights and drugs, I hear it's nothing but fights and drugs at Humble HS...the IB program is on the campus, that's bcuz it was the original HS....don't fool yourself.....and also, the kids Im talking about are moving to the SC area....

[quote name="HUM398" post="1259082" timestamp="1346626065"]

[/quote]

Another thing, how was that deer in headlights? Humble has 36 seniors on their roster and a lot of them played Varsity before, they prob didn't start, but they played.....and it's not wishful thinking....we don't need anybody from Humble, they will lose to us the next 2 years pretty good. And then SC will go 5a and HHS will go 3a ::)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1256470" timestamp="1346457246"]
[quote author=MEM link=topic=102253.msg1256345#msg1256345 date=1346451817]
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D exactly!

[quote name="Dog Pound Nation" post="1257540" timestamp="1346475986"]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=102253.msg1256355#msg1256355 date=1346452341]
Yes they where 5-A but Some Creek Kingwood Park are stealing away part of there players now....
[/quote]
Summer Creek didn't have to steal anyone. The school made the choice easy..........................kids smoking dope on campus, selling dope on campus,fights EVERYDAY, performing poorly in academics. If that's what you want for your kid, thats fine, but my child derserves better. Now all of these STUDS' parents that chose SC will tell you the same thing. Didn't want my boy around it. So to say that SC stole kids, PLEASE !
[/quote]

Are you saying that SC is that squeaky clean that there aren't any drugs, fights, guns, etc.  on that campus cause that's surely not what I heard?  STUDS?  really!  As a parent that travels with my daughter's team, I don't see much difference in the kids at SC than those anywhere else.  Just as with these posts, the public will harp on every bad thing that happens at Humble High School, but rarely is it publicized about the happenings at other schools.  Be careful putting those kids on a pedestal cause when they come tumbling down, I hope those STUDS' parents have a lot of cushion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami