Player With Most D1 College Potenial.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1253383" timestamp="1346185810"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=102146.msg1253344#msg1253344 date=1346181689]
raelon singleton crobsy
[/quote] What classification is he and position?
[/quote]SF and Junior I believe. He's about 6'4ish and had two monster slams against LC-M in tr first round this year. He just needs to add a little weight. Probably in the 170 range.

I'm hearing there is a kid from Central and maybe a kid from Ozen who are underclassmen that could have some potential. IMO Silsbee has some very good guards who could play in the college level with a little more work. Chris Elam has a very consistent jump shot but should continue to work on his long range shooting. Holmes has the skill to drive to the hole and shoot. He just needs to develop his jump shot a little better as well. Bosha from Hardin Jefferson is a kid who has all the skills and height to get some strong college looks as well. Deadly 3 point shoot, but takes too many from like 28 feet out. Good Luck to all the SETX basketball teams this year. I'd love to see 2 or 3 teams make a strong run to Austin.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1254594" timestamp="1346336837"]
I'm hearing there is a kid from Central and maybe a kid from Ozen who are underclassmen that could have some potential. IMO Silsbee has some very good guards who could play in the college level with a little more work. Chris Elam has a very consistent jump shot but should continue to work on his long range shooting. Holmes has the skill to drive to the hole and shoot. He just needs to develop his jump shot a little better as well. Bosha from Hardin Jefferson is a kid who has all the skills and height to get some strong college looks as well. Deadly 3 point shoot, but takes too many from like 28 feet out. Good Luck to all the SETX basketball teams this year. I'd love to see 2 or 3 teams make a strong run to Austin.
[/quote]

Santa- You havent seen Bosha play near enough to offer judgement on his shot selection.  Two or three games doesnt tell the whole story.  Besides, if you feel he has a deadly shot, why are you complaining about his shot selection? 

I like the way you stick up for your own! I have seen him play in 4 games vs Silsbee once against Sealy and once against Waco La Vega. I guess 6 games tell me enough. He is a solid player just sometimes he forces shots. Now leave me alone before I start a new thread about HJ for football season.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1254604" timestamp="1346338262"]
I like the way you stick up for your own! I have seen him play in 4 games vs Silsbee once against Sealy and once against Waco La Vega. I guess 6 games tell me enough. He is a solid player just sometimes he forces shots. Now leave me alone before I start a new thread about HJ for football season.
[/quote]

Who do you know that doesnt "sometimes forces shots"?  As for the football threat, do what you gotta do.  And, by the way, 6 games out of 90 is not enough

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1254641" timestamp="1346340667"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=102146.msg1254604#msg1254604 date=1346338262]
[/quote]

Who do you know that doesnt "sometimes forces shots"?  As for the football threat, do what you gotta do.  And, by the way, 6 games out of 90 is not enough
[/quote]Not if you have a keen eye like mine.  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1254650" timestamp="1346341155"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=102146.msg1254641#msg1254641 date=1346340667]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=102146.msg1254604#msg1254604 date=1346338262]
[/quote]

[/quote]Not if you have a keen eye like mine.  ;D
[/quote]

Yes Dove, but the rest of us common folk dont have the analytical tools that you possess. 

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1254912" timestamp="1346359615"]
6 samples of anything is enough for you to for a opinion. So if I watch 6 games and see that a player struggles with his free throw, then I can for the opinion that he needs to practice free throws. Maybe he just missed 8 of 10 at the 6 games I attended.
[/quote]

If you watch Ray Allen play 6 games and he shoots 25% from three point range, are you going to suggest that he needs practice?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1255045" timestamp="1346368604"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=102146.msg1254912#msg1254912 date=1346359615]
6 samples of anything is enough for you to for a opinion. So if I watch 6 games and see that a player struggles with his free throw, then I can for the opinion that he needs to practice free throws. Maybe he just missed 8 of 10 at the 6 games I attended.
[/quote]

If you watch Ray Allen play 6 games and he shoots 25% from three point range, are you going to suggest that he needs practice?
[/quote]

There is a very mathematical low number that I could have watched 6 games out of Ray Allen's 1286 career games played and all 6 were bad. No way that happens. Seen him play in person with Boston, Milwakee, & Seattle. On game I saw in LA vs the Lakers while a member of the Supersonics he scored 39. 7/9 3 pointers. Just saying SteveNash.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1254533" timestamp="1346329741"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=102146.msg1254358#msg1254358 date=1346295208]
Hard to predict D1 talent! You'd have to be one of the best in the state. Don't know if SETX has anyone that good yet. Some could easily develop by the end of this up coming season.
[/quote] I agree. Still too early.
[/quote]I agree it's still early, but one does not have to be one of the best in the state to play D1, IMO. Maybe to play at a Duke, UNC, Kentucky, sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of Ned's kids go to a
mid-major or a small D1 school like SFA or Sam or McNeese.

Although Brownwood University is not D1, Jayson Lubera was not offered a scholarship until late July from them. They are coming to Beaumont to play Lamar in a preseason game. Hope to see Lubera in action against the Cards.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1257903" timestamp="1346516262"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102146.msg1257524#msg1257524 date=1346475411]
Not according to Nash.
[/quote]

Nash hasnt offered many thoughts about D-1 Basketball because he doesnt know that much about it.  He has an advantage in that "he knows what he doesn't know"
[/quote]LOL! A wise man

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476